Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Haha, itโ€™s more earthy looking, lol! That looks nice, too! @ShortErica 

Now I'm thinking brown or gray @sister13 

ShortErica_0-1595096388983.jpeg

Too bad the pics are working, @sister13 but it sounds like an enjoyable mask!

Itโ€™s a powder and you mix it yourself! @quspork ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก

I can picture it, @sister13 , because I have spent too much time online admiring her workspace๐Ÿ˜‰ I think @Kim888 tried this one, too. Iโ€™ve only used the blue cocoon. And attempted to duplicate it,  though it didnโ€™t quite pair up!

@eshoe sand @Kim888 I went to a workshop that May did here in Denver at a green beauty shop a year or two ago. It was a divine experience and she is SO LOVELY! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

That sounds so wonderful, @sister13! Btw I love CO. Lucky youโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe I have and totally agree - it creates such a big mess but they do have good products! 

This was from last week's B theme: Biobelle's #Beautyscoop Avocado & Collagen Mask. It contains avocado, Vit. E, and Potassium, it is supposed to diminish lines, and it is made of tencel fiber. My face seemed to absorb the serum nice and quickly. I definitely didn't notice an avocado smell or anything like that - just a generic mask scent I'd say. Fit was decent enough, though a bit large all around. My skin felt soft and smooth after removal; nice overall!

b1.jpgb2.jpg
For this week (letter C), I used TonyMoly's Master Lab Intensive Moisturizing Ceramide Moisture Care (long title, but we've got some Cs in there). The fit on this one was better than average for me. They describe it as having an ultra thin material, and I have to agree. It fit very closely to my skin. The scent was pleasant - slightly fruity maybe but hardly noticeable. My past experience with tonymoly masks has not been too impressive (the I'm Real ones haven't really worked for me), but I found this one to be quite nice. It was very soothing to wear, and my skin feels extra moisturized (and enough that I don't think I'll feel this need to apply any moisturizer). Like this one! ๐Ÿ™‚

c1.jpgc2.jpg

@PrettyPaint, the illustration on the BioBelle makes me want ice cream. I mean, yes, I probably want ice cream 90% of the time ๐Ÿ˜‚ but Iโ€™ve never had avocado ice cream ... yet. 

Oooh, ceramides. Love โ€˜em. Iโ€™ve found that as between the Iโ€™m Real and MasterLab lines, my preference is for the MasterLab sheet mask; they seem to work better overall for me. The results from this one sound good!

@itsfi  Mmmmm...ice cream. I've never had avocado ice cream before either, but I would definitely try it. Apparently it has lime in it - sounds refreshing. 

I'm glad I liked the MasterLab mask. It was so much better than the I'm Real line for me. The "I'm Real" masks I've tried were from ulta and were almost expired, so I'm wondering if that could be a contributor as well. 

@PrettyPaint, avocado ice cream is going on my list of things to try. ๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿจ  It wasnโ€™t avocado flavored but I did have some ice cream today - strawberry oat milk ice cream  - it has almond brittle and candied strawberries it it!   ๐Ÿ˜‹

@itsfi  That sounds delicious. I have never tried oat milk ice cream, but I really like oat milk in general. I'm currently using oat milk in my coffee. 

Coffee buddies @PrettyPaint!!! โ˜•๏ธ ๐Ÿค— 

Coffee buddies.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@PrettyPaint  BioBelle makes some great masks - their originals are definitely my favorite.

Im not a big fan of the TM I'm Real masks either, but I have heard good things about the Master Lab line! Glad you liked it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Thank you! The Master Lab mask seemed so different from the I'm Real masks that I could hardly believe it was the same brand. Definitely a pleasant surprise. ๐Ÿ™‚

I used that Biobelle recently as well, @PrettyPaint. I was hoping for a little more moisturizing maybe, but all in all it was pretty decent. 

@quspork  I feel like some of their other versions that I've tried are a bit more moisturizing. From what I remember, there also wasn't much in the way of extra serum. 

Any night you are able to mask for a bit is nice, @PrettyPaint. Iโ€™ve had more off nights than on recently, and Iโ€™ve had to accept that itโ€™s totally ok. I just add some extra hydration in the AM to help even things out๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe  I haven't been making the time for masking as much lately either (some nights I'm just too tired). I think I'm going to make a bit more of an effort, though. Fortunately my skin isn't too dry at present with the weather, but I had forgotten how relaxing an evening mask can be.

@PrettyPaint my phone is full of โ€˜intended toโ€™ masking session pics ๐Ÿ˜Š Sometimes just getting a good cleanse and moisturizer is enough. And that will just be ok:)

3 Replies
testing