Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@eshoe Haha oh it did. I was like ugh why does it need two layers! I took the blue one off like it said and then went straight for the next layer before putting it on lol.

One of the first masks I used had protective layers like that, @Samtian. I put it on my face with one of the layers attached (because they were so thin, I just assumed it was the actual mask๐Ÿ™„) and threw it out after a few minutes, completely annoyed at such a terrible product. At least you didnโ€™t waste the money like I did!

@eshoe Oh that sucks I'm sorry.

In the grand scheme of things, @Samtian, itโ€™s not the worst thing that could happen. I just donโ€™t like wasting things-anything, no matter what it is. So that hurt but I learned a good lesson๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

C is for Calming Cake Pop Candy Mask by Candy Oโ€™Lady Heh, most cโ€™s I could find without digging too hard in the ingredients. As always I love this line, they fit well, have a light lovely scent, my skin soaks it right up and love the excess serum. The mask itself is very thin and sheer, therefore easy to fit. I donโ€™t bother trimming these, close enough.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I agree @Weetart; the masks from this line are good. The illustration on the packaging is fun too! 

@Weetart I did this one for the last C week - It's a perfect "C" mask! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! 

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

It was last of the 10 pack I had of these bad boys *sob* but I have a few other of the same brand I havenโ€™t used for quite some time. Really a great brand @Shosh85

The Candy O'Lady masks are such a nice line, @Weetart! Glad this one worked out well for you. 

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I agree they are sooooo awesome @quspork

C for Creme Shop, Calm Down! Skin & VS Pink Cake Sparkle lip scrub. Had to use my kitty ears to match the mask. 

Fit?almost perfect. The mask itself does have a animated kitty but its kind of creepy. This one in particular has everything matched up with your features- eye flaps have eyes on them๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Smell?Not grapefruit but pleasant & pretty faint..

Consistency?mask was nicely saturated but very little extra serum in pouch. Its clear but also milky feeling

Ease of use?no problems 

Would I  purchase/try again? Yes, I have more to use & its a kitty! ๐Ÿ˜บ note: AD is 3rd on the list. My face does feel tight so maybe thats how it helps inflammation? ๐Ÿค”

0714202220.jpg0714202248.jpg

โ€ƒโ€ƒ

@sonnydee  Haha! This one does look a little creepy, but I'm glad it worked out well for you. I my favorite character mask, hands down, is the Cica-Mend Tiger - even the design on it looks better than the others. 

I was thinking the same thing. It is kind of disturbing. 

I have that one, still need to try it. Smh

I think a month's worth of TCS is something I must do. @Shosh85 

Fun mask combo @sonnydee! ๐Ÿ˜ The kitty ears are cute! I didnโ€™t realize how many of these animated animal masks The Creme Shop had until I did a little reorganizing of my sheet masks a couple months ago. The consistency of the essence in this one sounds wonderful!

@sonnydee I just did one with a llama and it had a good fit too. Do you find the animal prints fit better? Yeah, not sure how I feel about the eyes on the eye flaps - kinda creepy. Haha.

I think  there's been only a few of the creme shop that fit weird for me that I can think of.  And if they did fit weird it was the width. @ShortErica they usually have the slits & that is such a huge help! I have some CS I plan on using this week as well. Cranberry & Pomegranate.  Chia....๐Ÿ˜

Those sound like good masks to have coordinating snacks/treats with @sonnydee!

Ha- you're right @sonnydee that cat is both cute and creepy at the same time! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Ahhhh so cute and I think I might have this one, @sonnydee . We need two weeks for โ€œCโ€ just to get caught up on the backlog of Crรจme Shop masks๐Ÿ˜‚

I think that's my goal this week @eshoe some Creme Shop masks for C!

testing