Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: thank you for reminding me of yummy snacks to add @ShortE...

So much healthier than how I used banana yesterday @sonnydee Peanut Butter Banana Brownies - no wonder quarantine hasn't been good to the waistline!

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Love the cranberry pairing @sonnydee! โ™ฅ๏ธ I really need to try this mask. Iโ€™ve set one aside only to forget about it or be distracted by something else. Interesting about the fit. Iโ€™ll keep the in mind when I reach for this one.

Found it again & others during my reorganizing @itsfi i would be very interested to see if the fit was different for you. This mask was the distraction for me ๐Ÿ˜€this time. My plan was for chia but teeni wanted mozzarella sticks so this was the winner 

๐Ÿ˜‚ hahaha, oh the benefits of reorganizing @sonnydee. Iโ€™ve had the chia mask set aside too, that one since last year - my skin likes that one. Oooh, mozzarella sticks. ๐Ÿ˜‹ I havenโ€™t had those in ages; good call by teeni! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ The nearest Sonic is about an hour away, on the way to wine country. ๐Ÿท Iโ€™ll let you know how the masks fit. 

Hmmm @sonnydee that makes me curious how much masks within a multipack differ. There are so few masks that are used more than 2-3 times for me. I wonder how similar our experiences are๐Ÿค”

@eshoe @I'm hoping because I've tried other fusion masks & didn't have this issue- just a overall large mask. I plan to use the charcoal/ almond sometime this week so we shall see....๏ฟฝ

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Yum!!! @sonnydee ! Perfect combo

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Thanks @Weetart @ShortErica made me think of it & then teeni wanted some mozzarella sticks so plans for the night mask changed from chia to cranberry in honor of my slushie

Coffee and Chamomile for the middle of the week:

4E510BD3-ED92-4BEE-AD43-46CBA1986A88.jpeg

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

Spoiler

I wasnโ€™t sure which wash off I would use tonight. Iโ€™ve been drawn to hydrating masks recently but noticed over the past few days that my skin has become somewhat sallow. Meaning, time to exfoliate. DE Babyfacial was an easy choice. Hoping it restores some brightness to my dull summer skin.

So excited to try the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask Caffeine.๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผfor a good scent, and...oh wow. Coffee greets me and it lingers throughout my masking, even underneath my sheet mask. The little biocellulose (perfection) eye patches fit and adhere without a hitch. They have a light tan coloring and enough extra serum in the packet to pat-pat under my eyes before stashing it with my empties for the month. Iโ€™ve already added a few to my cart, ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

The Cรฉlave Chamomile mask has a pleasant tea scent, which makes up for the somewhat clumsy fit. Plenty of serum on the mask itself, keeping the light/medium weight sheet doused during the 20 minutes or so I wore it. Bonus, the coffee scent was noticeable throughout!

Once the sheet mask was removed, the family decided on an impromptu trip to view Neowise outside of the city. I left the eye gels on, could have slept in them they were so comfy. No tackiness from the face mask, and once the eye patches were off, I checked out my skin in the car mirror. Of all the Sephora masks Iโ€™ve used (including my beloved Orchid eye mask) this one takes the cake. A special treat that I look forward to using again!

And the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Lip Balm & Scrub Peach has a true peach-y scent. A very soothing and enjoyable balm, another love ๐Ÿ‘ 

Ok if the scent is worth it @eshoe I'm going to have to try these eye masks

Umm yes @lmaster but I donโ€™t want to try any of the others because Iโ€™m afraid I will just be disappointed ๐Ÿ˜‚

Sounds like a nice combo, @eshoe. You've got me thinking about adding the coffee eye patches to my cart now. 

One is worth it, @quspork- itโ€™s a great and possibly the best SC eye mask!

The caffeine eye mask and peach lip balm will be popular choices. A lovely plus that they smell good too. Nice to see you picked them up @eshoe.

Yep Iโ€™m guessing the same, @itsfi. They did a great job on both scents! 

RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Oooooh I need to try these at some point. The coffee would be a perfect commute mask @eshoe

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Great suggestion, @Weetart! I could use one of these every morning just to wake up:)

might have to try this caffeine eye mask @eshoe

might have to try this caffeine eye mask @eshoe

Re: might have to try this caffeine eye mask @eshoe

Mmm might, maybe, yes for sure @sonnydee๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@eshoe  Sounds like a great masking session! I have the caffeine eye mask in my cart and I'm even more excited to try it now! So happy you enjoyed it! โ˜•๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85I think I first heard about the CS Cold Brew from you. Anytime I see/try a coffee mask, I compare it for scent, and this one is worth trying. This is one I wish came in a jar of 30 pairs๐Ÿ˜Š

testing