Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Right @lmaster?!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™ve been better of late with keeping to a โ€œno buyโ€ for certain categories of products. But for other categories ... oh, dear!! ๐Ÿคช ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ

C = coffee cocktail. Tonight I used the Berrisom Cocktail Recipe Mask - Kahlua Milk. 

I'm out of vodka, otherwise I'd have made one of these tonight to drink while masking.I'm out of vodka, otherwise I'd have made one of these tonight to drink while masking.

Notes: 

Spoiler

Claims: Smooths lines; firms and nourishes skin; provides long lasting hydration and dewy glowing skin. 

Ingredients: One of my main Berrisom gripes is the high amount of alcohol in their masks. But the hydrators and skin soothers in this one can hopefully offset the potential of alcohol burn or dry-out. Iโ€™m glad fragrance is last on the list, and the 2 star ingredientsโ€”coffee and milk proteinโ€”are 5th and 6th. Thereโ€™s lots of good stuff in this list, including my skinโ€™s good friend cica, rice (sake) ferment, and various antioxidant sources. The only iffy thing on this list (for me) is alcohol, and only because itโ€™s in 4th place. 

Spoiler

Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Milk Protein Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogentated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trehalose, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Punica Gratanum Fruit Extract, Camelillia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glcyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Water, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance 

Performance: The average thickness cotton sheet contained all the gel serum. I snipped a few slits in the eyehole corners for better laydown. The philtrum was much too tall, so I cut it shorter. Otherwise, the sheet fit decently, covering most of my jaw. 

This mask smells just like a white Russian. The scent was lightly present when my head was still; I kept turning my head to catch a stronger whiff. 5-10 minutes into wear, I started to feel the effect of the serumโ€™s high alcohol content: not an outright burn, more of a gradual warming up. At the 25 minute mark, the warmup became a pre-burn tingle. I left the sheet on for 5 more minutes anyway, so I went a total of 30 minutes before removal. I pressed the still wet sheet on my neck and chest. Took only a minute to massage and press all residual serum into my skin. I had no pilling, but did have mild to moderate tack. 

Results: Hydrated, plumped, and bouncy-firm skin with a mild glow. I felt some tightness in my undereyes and cheeks. A misting of cica water toner and my YTTP Superfood Moisturizer made that feel less weird, so now that skin feels less like itโ€™s covered in a dried-down clay mask and more like itโ€™s just naturally taut with a little give. Interestingly, I don't normally notice immediate results from coffee extract; it usually doesn't do much for my skin. But this time, coffee definitely firmed my face. And I almost wish the delicious white Russian scent had clung to my skin after use. 

I have more of these and will probably use most of them while the weatherโ€™s hot or warm. Iโ€™m not sure how my skin would like this mask in winterโ€ฆ Iโ€™ll save a couple to try later this year. Iโ€™ll also have to remember to go just 20 minutes with this mask to reduce the risk of alcohol burn, since I definitely felt alcoholโ€™s presence tonight. But overall, this one's quite impressive for a Berrisom mask. 

Smells like a white russian huh @WinglessOne  ๐Ÿ˜†

@WinglessOne  Ooooh! I stopped using/buying Berrisome masks because I was annoyed at the alcohol- but I think I may have to rethink this one, because those results (and that scent๐Ÿ˜‹) sound wonderful! Glad it worked out great for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Going to bed I was in a mega coconut mood. So I found everything I have that smells like coconut and did it up. I realize on my want list is a lip mask or chapstick or something coconut for my lips, but I feel very cozy after using my coconut leave in conditioner, lotion, creme shop mask and coco cabana lotion and spray. I smell so yummy and cozy.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Gotta love coconut!! @Weetart 

@Weetart  A cozy coconut evening definitely sounds yummy and relaxing! I love a good coconut scent too! Happy this could be such a comforting session! ๐Ÿฅฅ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Thanks @Shosh85 . My only complaint is the next morning my face had more oil that I like, but at least I didnโ€™t break out. All my bedding smells like coconut now lol. Not complaining.

Fun tie-in for C week @Weetart! ๐Ÿฅฅ Coconut from head to toe! The TCFS lip scrub that @sonnydee mentioned is nice - all the TCFS coconut products Iโ€™ve tried have been good. ColourPop also makes a coconut lip balm and a coconut lip scrub. 

Thanks for the tips @itsfi !

Voila! @Weetart ๐Ÿ˜

Screenshot_20200716-012620.png

โ€ƒ

Oh snap! And I love too cool for school!!!! Had no idea they made those ๐Ÿ˜ป@sonnydee

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

C for Cranberry, in both the mask & my cranberry limeade from Sonic. So yummy, but addicting! Fit?Extra, not only in the chin area but all up in my hair, I would have to cut the entire mask to make it fit my face but this extra didnt cause the mask to lift up or anything Smell? i think its a mix of both, it's not really either. it's light & pleasant Consistency?thin but not watery, kinda slimey. The mask itself was saturated & I took off the mask after 20 min, my face was soaked. But soaked into my skin without any issues, very little tack. Ease of use?it stayed on but the fit was distracting, I have more so I might use my holder for this. Would I  purchase/try again?I have more- i bought a box.. I like the 2 ingredients & my skin did feel smooth, soft & looked brighter. I think this may have been LE though.๐Ÿค” Overall happy with the mask & results. โคโคโคโคโค I'm not taking away a heart yet for the fit. I hope this one was just a dud & the others in the box will be better.

Looks like an amazing pair! @sonnydee 

It was a yummy combo @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜œ

It was a yummy combo @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜œ

@sonnydee  This one fit pretty large on me too, but I did really like it! Sounds like it pairs well with that drink! ๐Ÿ˜‹
I always thought the Fusion masks had the best fit from the brand, but now I actually think the character masks do. Out of the 8 fusion masks I've tried, 3 have fit pretty good. Out of the 8 character masks I've tried, (not including Hello Kitty) they all fit pretty well - none of them had that classic Creme Shop humongous fit. I'll be interested if you experience the same!

It makes me want to look back at my notes @Shosh85 I think you are right though. The character masks have the best fit. The kitty

grapefruit was almost perfect.

@sonnydee nice! I bet that one smelled really good!

it did smell good! @Kim888

it did smell good! @Kim888

Yay for pairing with a yummy snack @sonnydee!

thank you for reminding me of yummy snacks to add @ShortE...

thank you for reminding me of yummy snacks to add @ShortErica I have chia might have to sprinkle that on some banana๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ
1 Reply
testing