Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@itsfi  A lot of the Dr. Jart masks I've tried have just been kind of "meh" to me. This and the Ceramidin one are definitely my favorites and probably the only ones I could see myself repurchasing at this point. I'm also hopeful because they reformulated the Ceramidin one and I actually like it a tiny better than the old one. 😉

@Shosh85, There are 3, maybe 4, Dr Jart masks that my face is really fond of - this one, the Ceramidin one (both original and new versions) and the water replenishment one. 

RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Oh I love this mask, such a winner @Shosh85

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Weetart  It is such a great year-round mask!  Happy to hear you love it too! 😃

I think I’ve seen this one out in the wild, @Shosh85 - and it sounds like it should have easily made it into my cart😂 but yes-there are so many others out there. This line is fantastic, though. I still have an overnight mask sample you sent, because I am ‘saving it for a special occasion.’ I am going to take it out for this week👍🏼

@eshoe  I really enjoy using this one and I'd most likely repurchase if I saw it at TJ Maxx again! Just not so sure I'd pay full price - if it's gonna have a name like Cicapair, Cica shouldn't be almost the last ingredient in the list. 🤔

Oh wow I didn’t realize it was so far down in the list, @Shosh85. That’s kind of disappointing, yes. Now I need to check ingredients for fragrance, I hope that wasn’t added as well. Although I really don’t mind this scent. I bought some centella seeds tonight on Etsy thanks to @WinglessOne, my curiosity about the scent exceeds my level-headedness I guess:)

@eshoe  I don't know why it'll let me post the picture of the mask, but not the ingredients. I just tried posting here and it still wouldn't let me 😬 I don't see fragrance or flavor in the list at all. 

I really want to smell a centella plant too! I may have to copy you 😉

Ha well I will post pics when they sprout, @Shosh85. My growing percentage is pretty low, let’s see how these do when they arrive🤷🏻‍♀️

Mask 4.jpg

Haha this mask was a trip. I only paid attention to part of the directions and ended up causing the whole thing to roll up, not easy to unroll. It has a cool jelly mask. The fit was horrible, but it felt so good I forgot I had it on. Though my face was pretty oily the next morning. 

The material on these Farmacy masks can be a little challenging @Samtian, but these masks are really good. I prefer these original versions over the current sheet masks. 

RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Lol it happens @Samtain I do love jelly masks, it’s easy to not want it to take it off.

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Weetart They are pretty cool! Definitely something I'm going to keep an eye out for more of. 

@Samtian  Haha! Those separators can be sneaky sometimes! Too bad about the oily face 😬

@Shosh85 Thanks! It was still a great mask overall though.

I’m pretty impressed that you were able to unravel it, @Samtian - this material can really make you work for it😂

@eshoe Haha oh it did. I was like ugh why does it need two layers! I took the blue one off like it said and then went straight for the next layer before putting it on lol.

One of the first masks I used had protective layers like that, @Samtian. I put it on my face with one of the layers attached (because they were so thin, I just assumed it was the actual mask🙄) and threw it out after a few minutes, completely annoyed at such a terrible product. At least you didn’t waste the money like I did!

@eshoe Oh that sucks I'm sorry.

In the grand scheme of things, @Samtian, it’s not the worst thing that could happen. I just don’t like wasting things-anything, no matter what it is. So that hurt but I learned a good lesson👍🏼

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

C is for Calming Cake Pop Candy Mask by Candy O’Lady Heh, most c’s I could find without digging too hard in the ingredients. As always I love this line, they fit well, have a light lovely scent, my skin soaks it right up and love the excess serum. The mask itself is very thin and sheer, therefore easy to fit. I don’t bother trimming these, close enough.

4 Replies
testing