Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

C is for Coconut 

IMG_20200713_150850047.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
The new Sephora collection clean sheet masks finally were available and I grabbed a few. I was generously given the matcha tea version in the gratis from @TeamBIC which I loved!! 
This one is said to nourish and soothe.
The price is a bit high for one mask $5.50, I'm hoping these will be in some kind of a deal like buy 5 get one free....
Thin white sheet, beige colored serum with plenty extra in the sleeve. The scent was coconut, just not the sweet coconut I'm used to but still nice. The fit was pretty good, I could of made some cuts in the inner corner of the eyes, but as per uge I didn't ๐Ÿ˜† wear time was 15 minutes,, not 5.. I want to get my money's worth here. After removing my skin did feel soft and moisturized while massaging in the serum. A touch more hydrated but the tackiness on this one lasted, and you would need to apply moisturizer of some sort, or use it as a primer mask.
I have another one I'll use, but this particular version will not be a repurchase for me. I'm giving it a B
Ingredients
IMG_20200713_150855561.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster  I need to try more of these out too! I tried mine for 5 minutes, because I was super curious to see if anything could happen in that short amount of time, but when I buy more, I'll definitely be wearing them loner! Glad this one was t least decent for you! Which other ones did you pick up? I really want try the Spirulina one! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

@Shosh85 I ordered watermelon, coconut, matcha, lychee and Grapefruit,,, but I'm going to get the other two today with the points offer ๐Ÿ‘

That sounds like a good deal, @lmaster ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

I sure hope they do that deal @eshoe Sephora used to with the old version, I believe

@lmaster  Haha. I would also have definitely worn it longer than 5 minutes if it's $5.50. I agree that a sampler pack (at discount) would be perfect!

@PrettyPaint @lmaster Yes a "Collect Em All" trial set with the different varieties at a discount would intrigue me!

Yes yes!! @ShortErica @PrettyPaint 

@PrettyPaint with the old versions they did have a deal, so I'm hoping Sephora will do the same for these new ones sooner than later ๐Ÿ˜†

Masking Hacks! I feel like I've learned so much on BIC. Here are the hacks I use and mostly don't know who to credit:

• Use spa scissors for mask cutting 
    Spoiler
    not_afraid_anymore_home_alone.gif
  • Using/saving the extra serum in the packages for use on a different day
  • Putting a still moist mask on your neck after removing it from your face
  • Increasing wear time by using the extra in the package on the mask dry spots (I did this with the jelly masks)
  • Using makeup erasers to remove wash off masks - thanks @lmaster!

I'm sure there are plenty of others I've learned here but onto the masks. I went with some Yadah for the "Y."

20200707_104141.jpg20200707_104148.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200707_110202.jpg
I started strong with the Brigthening. This is one I've bought two packs of last year and am glad I did. It is wonderful to use and share. I'd describe the scent as a medium level citrus. It has a nice fit and the material is a mesh like cotton. I applied extra gel in package to areas not as moist like nose and also on not covered areas like neck. This made it so I had a 30 minute wear as opposed to the 10-20 recommended. When removing there was gel still on some parts of the face. I rubbed it in and after it absorbed (which did take some time), I had not tack. My skin was bright (lives up to the name) and looked even. The scent is slightly strong for me but this is a repurchase mask. A.

Next up I went with the Revitalizing which was sent to me by the lovely @missjeanie (she also spoiled me with the Soothing one - gotta catch em all ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

20200709_093115.jpg20200709_093123.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200709_095059.jpg
This has the same fit as brightening and is the mesh cotton material. To me it had a floral yet earthy maybe scent (ginseng, broccoli, cocoa, avocado in ingredients). The scent is what gets me on the mask. One of the times I used it I was really off put by it and another it didn't seem as bad. This experience it was fine but I just found the scent odd and not able to pinpoint. I kept with the "hack" of using the extra gel on mask. I did a 30 minute wear and this time used it on my neck. The Revitalizing left some tack after it absorbed. The most tack I felt was under the chin. My skin looked bright and nice, and maybe helped with lines a little bit, but I could be imagining it. The only strikes are scent and the chin tack. I'm debating between A- or B+. This is my number 3 of the Yadah jelly masks.

So although my plan was the 3 Yadah jelly masks for the weeks I took a diversion. My neck was killing me. I think it is the whole working from home and not having a defined work space and my head is always at weird angles when I'm on my laptop. Anyway, thank goodness for @keana1 sending me the Lise Waiter Spa Stress-Relief Patch

20200710_105152.jpg20200710_105158.jpg

Spoiler
I didn't take a picture but at first I didn't place on neck well and it would pucker where sports bra rubbed. Once I adjusted and placed it lower, it stayed nicely,. I didn't get any warmth but it had a nice cooling sensation. The cooling lasted over 2 hours. I usually associate warmth with stress relief but the cooling was nice and good for relaxation It helped with headache and neck tension. This was very enjoyable and effective. I was sad I couldn't find information online. It smelled like peppermint sometimes but I didn't find it overwhelming. I see how this would be useful vs. a heating pad like at work. For me, I'd see it as a special occasion use type of product. I'm so happy keana shared not this one but another with me. I don't want to have another headache and neck tension but if I do, I know what I'll be using!

Curiosity got the better of me and I again, put the 3rd jelly mask aside to retry another style of Yadah mask to jog my memory. Although I may have bought myself a box, this particular Yadah Collagen Mask pack was sent to me by @emaisgr8. You can never have enough snail in your life and I appreciate having another to use. ๐Ÿ™‚

20200710_141318.jpg20200710_141326.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200710_142638.jpg
This was a medium cotton and had a decent fit (the jelly masks were better). It had a generous philtrum but was a bit wide around the nose and mouth for me. There was not mut (non-descript maybe like cotton/paper) but scent had flower and fruit extracts in ingredients. Snail is very high in the ingredients. It had a 20 minute wear then I used it on my neck. There was no tack and my skin looked even. I'd say the least enjoyable part was the material, oh no I'm getting to be a material snob! Haha. I prefer the jelly masks but will gladly use the pack I have of the collagen and packs of other kind with similar material and different theme. Again, I'm weighing between A- or B+ but leaning B+ because the other material is fresh on my mind.

I could have worn the last jelly, Soothing over the weekend and thought that would be great after being in the sun. But nope, the weekend got away for me. So yesterday (Monday), I snuck in this final Y mask after doing pore care.

20200713_082859.jpg20200713_082907.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200713_085636.jpg
There was a clean with a slight touch of floral scent on the mask. Again, great fit and the mesh-cotton material I like. I added extra jelly like the others and did a 30 minute wear + neck. It was still very wet on my face. Once it absorbed, it had not tack. It was very soothing and enjoyable. My skin looked nice and even. I do wish the jelly masks in general helped a little more with fine lines but I don't think that's their claim so I'll give them a pass. A for this one too. I'd definitely pick up the Brightening and Soothing if I saw them after my no buy. I'd debate about Revitalizing but might feel bad leaving it behind.

@ShortErica Jelly masks are so perfect for the summer! If I remember right, I think the brightening was my favorite of the 3. Have you tried all 3 before? If so, which was your favorite?

The Lise Watier patch sounds relaxing! Definitely something I could see myself buying in bulk ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I did a jelly comparison of the Yadah last year around this time too (that's at least what my notes tell me ๐Ÿ˜‰) @Shosh85  I think Brightening eeks out Soothing by results though I appreciate the more mild scent of the Soothing one.

@ShortEricaI really, really enjoyed the Lise Watiers Spa masks that @keana1 sent me. They were soothing and for pretty much anywhere; shoulders, neck, dรฉcolletage. Thank you for the run-down on all of the goodies!

@eshoe Do you know if they are a special Canada thing? I feel so grateful @keana1 shared with us!

As far as I know, @ShortErica, they are. J I be seen them in CA hauls but not in the US ones๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@ShortErica That Lise Waiter Spa Stress-Relief Patch looks really nice. I don't think I've seen that around before. I agree that working from home has not been too friendly on the neck.

And those Yadah jelly masks are so much fun. I feel like I haven't tried the soothing before, but glad it sounds like a good one too! 

Do you have a favorite pair of spa scissors to trim masks?

@PrettyPaint I want to say in high school, about every Christmas I'd get a little kit with nail clippers and scissors and all that jazz. So I have one in a bunch of locations including under my sink. I have no idea if they even have a brand. I also use my wonderful pointy friskers from when I was in elementary school sometimes too.

@ShortErica  My kids better watch out, then, because I may steal their scissors next time I need to cut a mask. I am actually tempted now to try fiskars/kid scissors because I sometimes get a little nervous cutting a mask that's already on my face.

Give it a go @PrettyPaint. They definitely have a more rounded tip nowadays than mine do which is more inviting.

oh so many masking memories @ShortErica !  I remember trying a jelly mask for the first time and was in awe of this magic goo!  lol.  You've convinced me to grab a sheet mask for post shower today!

I'll have to go look and see what you picked @missjeanie ๐Ÿ™‚

testing