Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

B is for BioBelle Stay gorgeous. 

25AE3AC3-E498-4FF8-8F3A-41907650A0E0.jpeg

431B0824-450F-4F4E-A719-9B94EC9D217D.jpeg

I really enjoyed this mask. So far Iโ€™ve really like all of the BioBelle masks Iโ€™ve tried. This one has lots of serum that had a slightly sweet scent. The fit was pretty good, it was just a bit small in the forehead. I left it on for 20 minutes and there was still plenty of serum to massage in. My face definitely felt hydrated and nourished. It was slightly tacky but not bad. I would definitely use this one again. A-

@faeriegirl  I don't think there's been a BioBelle mask I haven't liked, though, their original masks have been my most favorite! Glad you enjoyed this one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@faeriegirl nice! Sounds like a great mask ๐Ÿ‘

And minis

She choose a Beloved gift from @itsfi but i do have more of these. She didn't care for the fit, so had her push it down more. ๐Ÿค— and then I put the mask hack on her. The Sephora Mask cover. Curious to see if it would fit a teenager better. Only a little. She did still have the gap but not as big. She didnt complain about her ears though. This had a peppermint scent of but one of true p. oil & not the candy cane peppermint like the other TCS peppermint mask had. I was ok with the scent either way but she likes the fun nice smelling ones ๐Ÿ˜‚. I'll have to get her to get out my Annies way I guess. She wore it for the whole time though. Thank you @itsfi for sharing this mask with us. 

0711202244.jpg

โ€ƒ

@sonnydee  So thoughtful of @itsfi  to send for your mini!!

The packaging on these holiday version of these sheet masks are super cute @sonnydee. Would cutting the mask in half help with fit for the mini? Itโ€™s more work so itโ€™s not the best alternate if youโ€™re short on time or just donโ€™t want to fuss with it.

no, she has masked with me before but she just pushed dow...

no, she has masked with me before but she just pushed down the middle & left all the outside parts hang....? what are you doing kid. I had her push down everything & she was ok. Then added the cover out of curiosity & she liked looking like a serial killer. @itsfi I guess she just forgot๐Ÿคท to smoosh things around abit

@sonnydee  Glad it turned out ok for her. I bet she'll love Annie's Way ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

oh yea, ๐Ÿ‘ that was her first comment, ah it doesn't smel...

oh yea, ๐Ÿ‘ that was her first comment, ah it doesn't smell good ๐Ÿ˜’ @Shosh85 teenagers

Tonights masks Both gifts from Beloved members of the BIC. 

Mine. Betterskin a gift from @eshoe 

I was expecting this to be black. ๐Ÿคท i saw volcanic lava....but nope it's a bio-celluose aka jellyfish butt. It is sandwiched between 2 layers to help you maneuver the thin 2nd skin mask on your face.

Fit?it does have a slit about in the middle of your cheek to help with adjustment. I really like those lil guys. 

Smell?faint typical sheet mask smell

Consistency?jelly like, ever so wonderful after to back to back swim days in the sun

Ease of use?ok. It does say NOT to move your facial muscles though. I read this after i had it on for a bit. So this mask is late night masking after the kids & hubs are asleep. Im a busy mom of 4 after all

Would I  purchase/try again yes, I really enjoyed this one. Thank you for sharing this with me @eshoe!

0711202134.jpg

โ€ƒ

?

Happy to hear this one worked well for your skin, @sonnydee! I was surprised it isnโ€™t a black charcoal mask, too. Well I didnโ€™t read that about not moving your facial muscles, I have one more and I will remember to do it right ๐Ÿ˜‰

I overlooked it until I went to check how long to leave it on @eshoe ๐Ÿคท I think it was the 1st time i have ever seen that.....it was a good mask though!

Glad to hear this one worked out well for you, @sonnydee!

Lived up to its name @quspork ๐Ÿ‘

@sonnydee  Sounds like a great mask!!! Iโ€™ll keep my eyes out for it!

Its currently oos - all the types, i think on facetory @ather unfortunately. It would be one i would investgate further. ๐Ÿ•ต

@sonnydee  Darn. That must mean itโ€™s really good!! 

I know smh @ather 

Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Jellyfish butt @sonnydee!?!! A new way to look at biocellulose masks! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Thats what the teen mini calls them. She refuses to use bio cellulose masks. ๐Ÿคท more for me @itsfi 

I can see where sheโ€™s coming from @sonnydee. Whereโ€™s the fun in putting on a bio-cellulose mask when you can have a jellyfish butt instead?!! Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Love the teen miniโ€™s creativity! ๐Ÿ’—

testing