Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

That is a great idea! @WinglessOne I use plan ole cheap hair cutting ones but I just make slits and over lap sections just like I do when I see. Donโ€™t actually cut pieces off.

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

B is for Blueberry and bouncy. Iโ€™ve used this mask before but was super duper stoked when I saw it in the motm box. Love this mask. My skin is combo, can break out easy, but really dry at the same time. So itโ€™s a delicate balance to get the products right so I donโ€™t turn into a burnt redhead with a galaxy of freaks or acne worse than when I was as a teenager. This though, calming, no bad reaction and my skin soaks up all the hydration. Itโ€™s da bomb yo.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Farmskin makes some great masks, @Weetart - glad you enjoyed this one ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh yes @Weetart this line of masks are excellent

@Weetart  I really like all the Farmskin masks I've tried, but this is one of my favorites! Glad to hear you enjoyed it too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Weetart  I love the Farmskin sheet masks! The blueberry one is a goodie. I'm glad it works well for you! 

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@WinglessOne they are the absolute bomb! My skin just soaks these puppies up. Made for quite a smaller nose than mine, but that isnโ€™t unusual. Whatever, enough serum to get all over. My only beef is the burn when it gets into the eye holes. Like seriously, THE BURN. Need to have cotton balls handy. Or maybe put cotton squares over my eyes before mask application.

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

B is for BioBelle, Briogeo, and babyfacial.0706C9ED-4839-4D6E-BDF3-D6AA2579E828.jpeg

I absolutely loved the BioBelle after party mask. It had a nice light berry scent, the fit was great, and there was lots of serum. I left it on for 20 minutes. There was enough serum left to massage in to my arms, neck, and chest. It was a bit tacky at first. My face definitely looked brighter and felt so hydrated. I definitely plan on repurchasing. A+. I really wish they would bring back the Briogeo honey mask because it is my favorite. I ran out of DE Lala so Iโ€™ve been mixing the F-Balm with my babyfacial and it has worked out well. Especially since itโ€™s not the best overnight mask Iโ€™m glad I found another use for it.

Great job repurposing a product @faeriegirl. I always hate wasting so it's awesome you found a better use for it. I've been hoarding my bear. Partially it was packed during the move but part of me keeps waiting for a special reason to have a bear in the shower. Haha!

Wow nice masking line-up, @faeriegirl! I didnโ€™t realize the Briogeo was LE, hopefully a little goes a long way.

It does @eshoe . I  asked on Instagram and they said they might be bringing it back๐Ÿคž

The Afterparty mask was definitely a nice one, @faeriegirl!

@faeriegirl how long do you leave the fbalm and baby facial on for?

@lmaster  Usually for 15 to 20 minutes.

Perfect ๐Ÿ‘ @faeriegirl I think I'm going to try that too ๐Ÿ˜†

@faeriegirl  Happy to hear you loved the mask! Their original masks are my favorite! I really hope they're not really gone for good, but it's looking that way ๐Ÿ˜ข

That's great that you found a new

use for F-balm!

RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@faeriegirl I still squeal in delight seeing the cute bear packaging.

@faeriegirl  Yay, I'm glad you loved Afterparty! This is one Biobelle shouldn't have discontinuedโ€”assuming they're not bringing it back... eh, I could be wrong about that, but I don't like the direction their masks are apparently headed (key ingredients at the tail end of ingredients lists, fragrance listed higher up, less impressive sheet material). So I hope to see this one re-released someday without a major formulation shuffle. 

Also glad you found another use for F-Balm. I'm using it now that temps are high, but once the weather chills, I'll have to shelve F-Balm again. 

@faeriegirl  Wow such a great masking sesh!! 

is for blueberries. Frudia blueberry hydrating mask

F682C7F8-7D16-48FA-AA57-FEC2E16561E0.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
This morning I used Frudia blueberry hydrating mask along with my huckleberry lip balm and huckleberry candle gifted to me by the sweet  @eshoe . Iโ€™ve used this mask several times. This time it left my skin a little tacky. It does hydrate well though. My candle and lip balm smell so yummy. 

The blueberry was my favorite of the Frudia @emaisgr8. I had a slight tackiness with mine when I used it. @eshoe is likely onto something with the weather. Your pairing looks so good!

1 Reply
testing