Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I have @ShortErica ! I've like all of the ones I've tried.

C is for coconut ๐Ÿฅฅ 

3A963FA6-80FE-428D-A827-967627E361E0.jpeg

Spoiler

Peripera Juice Time Coconut Sheet Mask ๐Ÿฅฅ

This is a medium thickness cotton sheet mask that was saturated with a white milky serum and had a very light coconut scent. The fit was good - just a teeny bit too wide at the temples and a little long at the chin. The adherence was great and it was super comfortable to wear. I kept it on for a half hour. There was some very light tackiness for the first 10 minutes after removing. My face felt refreshed and looked a little brighter and my skin felt slightly plumped and super moisturized.

This made my face feel happy and would definitely be great for the winter/colder months. I loved it and would absolutely repurchase! (For as long as they're still making them, anyway ๐Ÿ˜ข)

(The site is still not letting me post the ingredients picture for some reason - apparently I'm only allowed one picture at a time ๐Ÿค”)

Oh boo about the picture @Shosh85! Glad the mask was good though. Not sure how I feel about some of the latest updates. I'm disappointed we can't switch to the html because I enjoyed messing with the code if something I was doing wouldn't cooperate how I wanted. Hopefully they get the picture thing fixed. I was able to add a ton when I just posted so maybe it's resolved.

@ShortErica  I still can't get a second picture to load, just that first one. I'm sure they're working on it, along with a lot of other kinks.

I always hated updates on the computers at work - that really screwed everything up and jumbled things around ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Now I have that rum in the coconut song stuck in my head @Shosh85 . Love the packaging and sounds like a great mask.

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Weetart  Haha! I've never heard the "rum" version, I've always heard "lime"..... and I specifically always think of the muppets singing it when I hear it. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I personally think they sung it best ๐Ÿ˜‰ Rum in the coconut sounds delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

@Shosh85 I didn't even need to read the review (though I did!) to know this was going to be a good one. The serum sounds just perfect. Seems like there are a few hiccups since the recent updates, hope you are at least receiving notifications again! Hope the additional photos inside posts start working soon. I wonder if the spoiler was the issue?

@eshoe  There hasn't been one mask from the Juice and Smoothie lines that I haven't liked! The milky serum is nice, especially when my skin is feeling a little extra dry ๐Ÿ˜Š

The notifications did start working! ๐Ÿ‘ I'll have to try and load the ingredients again, but I did try to load it both in and out of the spoiler and neither worked. ๐Ÿค”

Yay I just received a notification @Shosh8๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

I am so grateful for the Peripera masks you sent, ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ they come out with a second generation!

Here for the coconut scent! I always love the packaging on these- such refreshing looking mask, @Shosh85.

@quspork  The packaging really is great - makes you wish you could reach in and take a sip! ๐Ÿฅฅ๐Ÿ˜‹

Ahhh @Shosh85 coconut sounds perfect!

@lmaster  I love coconut everything! ๐Ÿฅฅ๐Ÿ˜‹

Coconut ๐Ÿฅฅ is such a great ingredient for a sheet mask and this one looks and sounds fabulous @Shosh85! โ™ฅ๏ธ It just screams (in a good way) refreshing! ๐Ÿ˜ Another winner from peripera! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi  I love all the the masks from the Juice Time and Smoothie Time lines - the packaging really is great on all of them too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, peripera seems to have hit it out of the park with the juice and smoothie lines. Shame theyโ€™re being discontinued. ๐Ÿ˜” Iโ€™m so happy I was able to try them before theyโ€™re all gone - thank you!!! ๐Ÿค— 

Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL Is hands down a fav!!! sooo hydrating for my extreme dry skin!

Oooh I would love to sample this one, @Cobra1! I have tried a couple of her products, and they have both been great for my skin as well.  

Glad this one works well for you, @Cobra1. Does it have much of a scent to it?

Happy to see it works great for you ๐Ÿ‘ @Cobra1 

The ingredient list on this one looks lovely @Cobra1. The blend of kaolin clay and the various hydrating ingredients sound wonderful! 

1 Reply
testing