Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@emaiagr8 sounds lovely!!!!

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@emaisgr8  Great choices!!

@emaisgr8  I thought this was a butt mask from the thumbnail on the main page haha.

๐Ÿ˜„

I did too @Samtian lol!

@emaisgr8  I like this mask too! The candle and lip balm sound like they make the perfect trifecta! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@emaisgr8 totally love this mask!!

is for Freemanโ€™s Hawaiian Black Salt peel-off mask. 

36D50BD2-8B34-4EED-8390-B07A340F1CBE.jpeg

Spoiler
I received a couple of Freemanโ€™s mask from Influenster to review. Last night I used the Black Salt one. I really like Freeman products. This black salt peel-off masks just wasnโ€™t remarkable to me. It took a lot longer than the listed 10-15 minutes for it to dry down, but that could have been me using a too thick layer. It did not hurt peeling off, which is a plus. I just do not feel it deep cleaned my face as the mask claims to do. 

@emaisgr8 @I think a thicker layer is key to helping ease the pain of removing it, though it didnโ€™t sound like you had any, yay!

I usually forget to check my skin after a detox mask. But they are nice to use!

@emaisgr8  I feel like a lot of Freeman's mask are hit or miss - sorry to hear this one was a miss! 

Oh, I just got this in a Glossybox. Great insight, @emaisgr8!!

@emaisgr8  Aww darn. It didnโ€™t seem to live up to its claims!!

ughhh, ๐Ÿ˜’ let down. At least it didn't hurt @emaisgr8๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค...

ughhh, ๐Ÿ˜’ let down. At least it didn't hurt @emaisgr8๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค sounded i interesting though

B is for berries; strawberries in particular ๐Ÿ“ which I was inspired to use as my ingredient focus after chatting with @WinglessOne about the original Strawberry Shortcake! 

Strawberry 1.jpeg

Spoiler

The Creme Shop Strawberry Nose 3-Step Blackhead Remover was a gift with purchase TCS dropped into  an order. I tend to put off using these multi-step nose strips because I havenโ€™t found them to work very well for me, but I decided to give these a try this week. My final thoughts are the packaging for this is cute but Biore still holds the top spot in this field. The Biore nose strips have been consistently good with helping to clear up my nose.

Pure Smile Strawberry Milk Essence Mask smells yummy and like other sheet masks from this brand is a good, filler mask. I was reminded I had this mask (and the Lanolips 101 Ointment Multi-Balm Strawberry) when I saw a post by @heartsmyface on both a couple weeks back. I donโ€™t have a general preference between these milk essence masks and the regular watery essence masks; I tend to reach for the milkier ones when Iโ€™m looking to moisturize my skin as well as hydrate it (and the masks from the regular line for just hydration).

Strawberry 2.jpeg

Spoiler

LovLuv Real Milky Strawberry Facial Sheet Mask is a two-step serum and unscented creamy cupra cotton sheet mask. I was a smidge disappointed that this one wasnโ€™t scented, especially as strawberry extract is the second ingredient listed; milk extract is the first! The lack of added fragrance though is a plus, as well.

The first packet holds plenty of the clear, semi viscous serum for 2 generous layers and absorbs nicely, without stickiness. Iโ€™m not sure how purifying the serum is but it does seem to satisfy its nourishing claims fairly well. I may try the serum packet on its own to see how it fares.

Thereโ€™s enough essence in the sheet mask to coat it without overwhelming it and some extra in the packet to add more to the mask. This extra came in handy for me as my skin was in need of a bit more of the soothing creaminess of the essence that particular day. Instructions recommend leaving the mask on for 10-15 minutes and that was about right for me as my skin really slurped up the essence.

Overall, the mask is a nice one; the ingredients list is great. I'm not sure this is one I would consider a must have for my collection, but it is one Iโ€™d certainly reach for. Iโ€™ll be interested in seeing how this one performs in the cooler months; I think itโ€™ll be a nice one in the fall and depending on how I find the mask at that time of the year, I may change my mind on its place in my mask collection.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
Step 1 Boosting Serum Ingredients:
Milk Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hammaelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Water, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Allantoin, Honey Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Acetic Acid, Lactic Acid

Step 2 Sheet Mask Ingredients:
Milk Extract, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Capriylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hammaelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Beta-Glucan, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trehalose, Honey Extract, Caulerpa Lentillifera Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Ilex Paraguariensis Leaf Extract

I am so impressed you still have Strawberry in her original packaging, @itsfi! Mine just lives in my memory bank;) Lemon Tart may be one of the newer ones-they have a newer animated series that is great for young girls, chock-full of positive messages๐Ÿฅฐ

That @eshoe, Iโ€™m sure we can thank my mom for. I have a feeling she kept that doll in its box and probably put it high up on the shelf in a closet after seeing how well my brother and I treated my dolls. 

Love the theme, @itsfi. I was obsessed with Strawberry Shortcake and the rest of her little gang (especially Blueberry Muffin haha) when I was a kiddo!

Yes @quspork!! Love Blueberry Muffin!!! ๐Ÿ’™ I was trying to remember the rest of the crew the other day and only came up with Blueberry Muffim, Lemon Meringue, Huckleberry Pie, but I know there are more. 

Plum Pudding- I loved her because she wore glasses like me haha! I know there were a bunch more too...

Actually I just checked wikipedia and it's a really long list- wow! I don't remember some of them but also a few are coming back to me, like Banana Twirl. 

Plum Pudding @quspork!!! I loved purple as a kid so Iโ€™m not sure how she slipped my mind. I think at one point I had a Ginger Snap doll as well. The good old days. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

@itsfi  Well they both sound nice and I'm glad to hear at least one of them had a yummy scent ๐Ÿ˜‰

Love Strawberry Shortcake! My sister still has her doll from the 80's and I swear it still has that scent! ๐Ÿ“

2 Replies
testing