Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: I like the milk jug packaging on that mask @itsfi but it...

Hahaha @sonnydee๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ The milk carton packaging was what drew me in. Iโ€™d like to say that it was the ingredients list that sealed the deal but I really picked it up because I wanted to see if it smelled like strawberry milk. ๐Ÿ˜ Iโ€™ll stick with them because both steps are good. 

Iโ€™m so excited your Lanolips trio set will be here soon! Canโ€™t wait to hear your thoughts on them. 

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Masking Hacks 

Excellent: Invisibobble & my Oaui ร— Summer Fridays headband; masking schedule 

Okay: Cosmedix roller (for sheet type masks) 

Meh: SC mask holder

Spoiler

20200712_003520~2.jpg20200628_013451~2.jpg20200712_004414~2.jpg20200712_004630~2.jpg

B & Y 

Better Use Your Sheets Masks Before Expiration 

I was up late working quite a few nights this week and on a few of them I decided to do a sheet mask in bed rather than a rinse off one. 

I tried two: TCFS Pumpkin 24k Gold Mask and I Dew Care Jump Start 

20200708_015830~2.jpg

Spoiler

20200708_020342.jpg

Fit: Clearly not ideal, lol, especially on the bottom. Was super annoying to separate the mask from the support sheets. Left on for 20-40 minutes (I can't remember, I was falling asleep, lol). Was mostly dried down.
Serum: So much! I spread all over my arms, neck and hands. A little bit of tack after.
Effect: Definitely helped my post week off of skincare and hormonal skin. My skin was definitely a bit brighter, smoother and most definitely softer after. 

B : nice effects, but a bit higher price, mess to get out and use and terrible fit.

Ingredients
Spoiler

20200708_015839.jpg

20200712_003748~2.jpg

Spoiler

20200712_004414~2.jpg

Fit: Meh, standard too big doesn't fit well. A bit stiff. Left on 30-40 minutes. 

Serum: A lot in the package, kinda milky watery gel consistency. No scent. Very little tack. 
Effects: No real effects on pores or wrinkles but minor brightening effects.
C : No truly negative side effects, but no truly good outcomes. Solid average C. Lol.

Ingredients
Spoiler

20200712_003754~2.jpg

โ€˜No bad effectsโ€™ is sometimes all you can ask for, @haleyvvvv ๐Ÿ˜‚

Lol, truly, @eshoe!! ๐Ÿคฃ

Too bad Jumpstart was underwhelming, @haleyvvvv.

Thank you, @quspork!! I had a trio, so now just one more to use.

@haleyvvvv  Glad the TCFS mask turned out nice for you! I wasn't super impressed with it, especially considering the price - but i have become a lot more picky about the masks I'll repurchase. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you, @Shosh85!! Yes, it is very expensive for the results. If I saw a box on sale though, would probably grab tho. In general I am very picky about rebuying masks though, lol.

@haleyvvvv  Sorry they didnโ€™t wow you!! Iโ€™ve been meaning to try the TCFS pumpkin mask!!

@ather In all fairness, the TCFS was a good one!! It just was pricey and didn't fit the bottom half of my face. A "B" is a great rating for me, definitely would consider repurchasing. For me an "A" is something that makes me want to use it in place of my fave wash off mask.

That's good to know your scale @haleyvvvv since we all grade differently. I think sometimes we are so excited with A masks that we forget B is still a good one too just not a wow. ๐Ÿ™‚

Exactly, @ShortErica!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@haleyvvvv @sonnydee I liked quite a few of the I dew care as well,,I can't remember if I've tried this one ๐Ÿค”

@lmaster @sonnydee In all fairness, these may be a little past their expiration...so like maybe they work better at peak effectiveness. Or just different skin needs? I have some of their peel off masks to try, which I'm excited to get in to.

I like your plan of attack @haleyvvvv ( planning ahead fo...

I like your plan of attack @haleyvvvv ( planning ahead for the week of wash offs) kudos to you for it! I guess, I'm in the minority.๐Ÿ˜œI've really liked I dew care sheet masks, they were my gateway drug. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Re: I like your plan of attack @haleyvvvv ( planning ahead fo...

I need a plan, @sonnydee!! Otherwise, I just end up with decision fatigue because there are too many masks.

I'm glad the masks work for you!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ and that they led you into the wonderful world of masking!!

I like your plan of attack @haleyvvvv ( planning ahead fo...

I like your plan of attack @haleyvvvv ( planning ahead for the week of wash offs) kudos to you for it! I guess, I'm in the minority.๐Ÿ˜œI've really liked I dew care sheet masks, they were my gateway drug. ๐Ÿ˜‚

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Another lightweight sleeping mask for my beauty sleep tonight. This time itโ€™s TonyMoly Iโ€™m Rose. Itโ€™s very light and leave a very thin smooth coating over my skin. I would call it a good decent budget mask. I actually have used it during the day when Iโ€™m sitting hours at the computer near an AC vent and it helps a touch on top of lightweight lotions in addition to my serums.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Weetart Sounds like the perfect touch of moisture ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐ŸŒน

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Is this mask scented @Weetart ?

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Lightly, it fades pretty quickly. But just enough if you are just about to pass out.
2 Replies
testing