Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

yes, I have a few @eshoe 😉 so far, I think peace out & T...

yes, I have a few @eshoe 😉 so far, I think peace out & TCS are at the top of my list of get the job done 😍

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@sonnydee  It's too bad the blemish dots weren't too effective- but at least it's keeping you from touching them! I've used up dots like this doing the same thing. Sometimes it's just so hard to keep your fingers away!😬

exactly. I have one thats under the skin on my jaw😠 @Sho...

exactly. I have one thats under the skin on my jaw😠 @Shosh85 i can't keep myslef from pressing on it....😜

Agree @sonnydee; the dots do keep me from touching / picking. Have you found any acne dots you’d consider favorites, or worth repurchasing? 

I also have the patcholgy dots, which I found in a kit at...

I also have the patcholgy dots, which I found in a kit at Marshalls or TJ. @itsfi that was a exciting find! havent used them yet though

peace out dots are really good! @itsfi I have others oh k...

peace out dots are really good! @itsfi I have others oh k !, another brand starfish or something star...i got it from ipsy.TCS makes good ones too. 🤔thats off the top of my head...im not at home to really look.

Re: peace out dots are really good! @itsfi I have others oh k...

@sonnydee, the Peace Out Acne Healing Dots 40 Acne Healing Dots are amazing! Love them! 💗💕 Good to know about TCS ones; I picked up a couple of boxes earlier in the year and still need to give them a try. 

I still need to try the oh k & the star? I like to pick them up but have a hard time branching out from what I know works-PO or TCS. @itsfi hoarder problems!

@sonnydee, I usually rotate between the Peace Out dots and ones from CosRx and Peach Slices, plus whatever else I’m trying out or trying to finish. 😃 “Hoarder problems?” Nah. I say it’s all part of your “skincare aficionado research”!!! 😉 

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

B is for Baobab Tree. The “My Skin-fit Sheet line from A’pieu is a winner for me. It is a little wide on my forehead and a little narrow on the nose, but not enough for me to care. Mild scent, could barely notice it. Lots of extra serum for the tattoo love.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Baobobs always remind me of Le Petit Prince @Weetart 💗 I am going to look for this one!

EAD606D3-F232-48A8-AD70-EBBA903741D6.jpeg

I love the packaging and the results sound wonderful @Weetart 

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

The packaging is cool @lmaster ! I did put the olive one in the motm box I mailed out yesterday.

Re: RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Oh nice!! @Weetart 

@Weetart  So great to hear this has been a good line of masks for you! 😃 I've tried a lot from A'pieu, but nothing from this line yet! I'll definitely have to start trying them out! Do you have a favorite? 

@Shosh85 I haven’t tried many, I forget the ones I have tried... but they were delicate in scent and moisturizing and refreshing. I got them during their 50% sale.

This one sounds nice; love when there’s extra serum @Weetart. 💕

Extra serum is sooo satisfying @itsfi

B” is for Biocellulose. Or is it?

A9B61DEC-BD7E-4CE9-88EE-3CCE79AF0FDC.jpeg

Spoiler
Started off with a little Wild Berries lip balm from @l8totheparty, yum! This hitched a ride in a box full of Canadian treats recently. The snacks are long gone but fortunately, this is here for tonight’s masking. Thank you, my friend!

I applied a thick layer of the Ole Henriksen Berry Nurturing Gel Mask, which is scented more of lavender than berries. I left it on about ten minutes. For reasons unsure, my skin has decided to become more sensitive than usual and I’ve had to watch any enzyme masks/acidic toners for redness and welts. I’ve been consistently using Bakuchiol every other night for a few months now, alternating brands every two weeks. It is touted as safe and non-irritating, so I wonder if there are ingredients in some of the brands that are bothering my skin. Never encountered this while solely using the Herbivore😢 I’ve suddenly found myself Struggling to find a mask in my stash to leave on for more than 10-15 minutes that my skin will tolerate🤷🏻‍♀️

Finally, I was extra excited to try the Freeman Superfood Sheet Mask. It’s star ingredient: artichoke! It’s material: biocellulose! I couldn’t be happier about this combination, though my preference for artichokes is roasted and dipped in garlic butter. So I open this with great  anticipation - what is that scent? Hmmmm. Hairspray? Aquanet, I think 🤭

A single protective layer that felt like a mesh/plastic hybrid helped to make it easy to apply. It was a little tricky, as the shape was slightly oversize and stiff, despite feeling on the thin side. It was...awkward? My entire top lip was covered, and the chin area was wayyyyy more than necessary. I didn’t trim it, just kept patting it back. It felt a little itchy at times, but that dissipated quickly. I left it on as long as I could, maybe ten minutes, and removed. 

There was a bit of tackiness, not too bad. I just did a mirror check, and my skin looks not happy. It’s maybe worse than when I started 😂 You win some, you lose some. At least I didn’t buy a box;)

Ingredients:
Spoiler
880B5B82-0BF9-4EAA-9002-7E1ACCD8F661.jpeg

Oh @eshoe  Aquanet is not a good smell for your face. Sorry you’re having sensitivities lately. 

@eshoe oh wow!! I was so excited to see artichoke,,, I'm so sorry to see your skin is being intolerable of the new products 😣

testing