Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@sonnydee  I thought it was going to be a black mask when I tried it too! Happy to hear you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 @lmaster i liked it enough to hunt it down & buy...

@Shosh85 @lmaster i liked it enough to hunt it down & buy. After my current stash dwindles a bit๐Ÿ˜œ

Re: @Shosh85 @lmaster i liked it enough to hunt it down & buy...

@sonnydee I can't see your stash dwindling! You are just too good at finding all the mask deals!

@sonnydee glad to see you like this one too ๐Ÿ™Œ

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

B is for Beauty Sleep. Last night I revisited a night mask I was majorly put off the first time I used it. Holika Holika Wine Therapy.... okay it still feels like Iโ€™m putting grape jelly on my face. But it worked well as a very lightweight sleeping mask. Iโ€™ve been using a heavier night serum/cream that works great but needs a little extra sealing power. This actually worked pretty well last night. Itโ€™s cheap and now Iโ€™m going to dig through my other lightweight sleeping masks and test another tonight. I had been mainly just using Murad Night Fix Enzyme which I LOVE. But Iโ€™m starting to get low and looking for more budget friendly alternatives until the money flow gets back to normal.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Weetart, I think Iโ€™ve tried these before and agree that a light layer is the way to go with it. For me, itโ€™s something better suited for warmer weather.

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Definitely nice for warm weather @itsfi

@Weetart grape jelly sounds kinda cool

@Weetart  I got a mask from @itsfi and I loved it because it looked (and tasted ๐Ÿคซ) like strawberry jam! ๐Ÿ˜‹ 
Happy to hear the Murad has been working for you - I hope you're able to find a good alternative for it! ๐Ÿคž

@Shosh85 @Weetart, the food association can be a huge draw in for me. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

A grape jelly mask actually sounds quite nice, @Weetart๐Ÿ™‚

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Tonights mask I wanted to use something different so I went in my stashwhere I keep my Beloved gifts from fellow maskers here on the BIC. I gotit narrowed down to 2 & then I let my youngest mini to pick & she choosethis. A gift from the incredible @itsfi ! Fit? ok, it never laid down in the nose area so I grabbed one of the hacks- the sephora silicone sheet mask cover. {which i found again tonight, so this is actually my 1st time using} bigstashproblems Smell? clean, pleasant & I didn't smell it on my face really though Consistency? slimey almost soap like Ease of use? I honestly didn't do a good job keep time. And the cover made ithard to know exactly when the mask was drying out.....but i think it was about 30 min, after i removed my skin was still pretty saturated but soaked in eventually but with tack. Nothing a moisturizer can't fix. ๐Ÿ˜ŠWould I purchase/try again? i can see why this mask is liked even loved. I used the rest of the serum on my legs & feet. ๐Ÿ˜I didn't have that MUCH left but with this serum a little goes a long way. I personally save the hydrating mask for when my skin has really took a beating- & dried out during lake day today was a good reason to use it. My skin does feel softer & hydrated but almost a tad on the greasy side. Will have to be careful with this one & AD is the 3rd ingredient. But love trying new things so thank you for gifting me this @itsfi, you are thebest! ๐Ÿ˜˜ Now to the masking hack, i was excited & bought this as soon as I saw it available. Like the color, it's different enough to see the difference between the mask & the cover. Love the glitter. It did help hold the mask in place & snug to my face. BUT who has this small of cheeks? ๐Ÿ˜‚ It doesnt stretch, you have a big gap between by your ear & the part where it covers your cheek. I think it was able to cover my \"apples\" but thats about it. Those loops are for your ears & i can seewhy it is uncomfortable to some, it did bend my ears forward. Maybe thiswas on purpose to allow air to the sheet mask๐Ÿคท not sure. I didn't think I had a big face...good thing I wont need this everytime i mask. And with that gap how could you use it for DIY serums?...๐Ÿค”

Awww, love that the mini helps with masking @sonnydee! โ™ฅ๏ธ The Sephora mask holder is one that fits me better than most other ones. Like sheet masks, itโ€™s trial and error to find one that works for you but there are a lot fewer mask holders out there. 

The mask holder is good for those pesky hydrogels, @sonnydee - but yeah, it hurts my ears, too. Maybe they will make a version 2.0๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

And in a different color, after all I like options @eshoe 

@sonnydee 

I can see how a mask holder could be useful for those really unruly masks, but I'm just one of those people that would rather just put up with an awkward mask. ๐Ÿคช Glad to hear you liked the mask! I liked this one too - I just wish there wasn't such high alcohol content ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Yeah, I dont think I'll reach for it that often. I can think of 1 mask -that i dont even remember which one exactly- but I had to laid down to keep it from falling off. I woke up to no dream killers & my skin feeling & looking nice so winwin there! @Shosh85 

@sonnydee  One of the reasons I don't reach for that mask holder often is the fit. ๐Ÿ˜„ I do still like having the holder available for sheets that insist on sliding down my face, but I always try to stop or deal with the slippage before pulling out the holder. I do think you could do a diy mask with it, as long as you use spot treatment patches/slices/pads/stickers/whatever on exposed skin. I keep forgetting to do that myself. 

I'm glad the sheet mask worked well for you! 

@WinglessOne yes, this will be reserved for the masks tha...

@WinglessOne yes, this will be reserved for the masks that I would normally have to lay down for.

The packaging is really cool @sonnydee 

thats probably why the mini picked it @lmaster she liked...

thats probably why the mini picked it @lmaster she liked the lil blue vial๐Ÿค—
6 Replies
testing