Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

They have a radish one too, @lmaster! I think I might just try that one. Although, alcohol denatured is #4 on this list which makes me *think* it might be placed somewhere close in the other one, too๐Ÿค”

Why @eshoe 

@eshoe  Oh no, so sorry about the Freeman's mask! Is your face back to normal now? I've only tried one Freeman's sheet mask (from a different line) and actually ended up liking it a lot! Too bad this one was a bad experience for you! ๐Ÿ˜ข

Everything is a-ok now, @Shosh85, thank you! Iโ€™ve tried some of their washโ€”off masks and really enjoyed them. I believe @sephoraaddict918 was the key enabler on those๐Ÿ˜Š 

Sorry to hear that your skin is more sensitive @eshoe. It may be an ingredient or ingredients in the products you are using; or that the products are not working well together. Also, it may be reacting to the different Bakuchiol products being introduced - you mentioned not encountering this when your routine consisted solely of Herbivore bakuchiol. Our skin responds to products / ingredients differently depending on a host of factors, and โ€œsafe and non-irritatingโ€œ isnโ€™t always a one size fits all sort of thing. 

Have you tried pausing on masks for the time being and maybe just applying aloe (the more pure the formula, the better) to your face to help with soothing. 

I think you are on to something, @itsfi. There might be some โ€˜sidecarโ€™ ingredients that are not working well for me. Time to read those lists more carefully, so I can pinpoint whatever it is and get back on the mask track. I am waiting on the RE:P Bio Fresh Mask With Real Calming Herbs, hoping that will give me an opportunity mask without any adverse reactions!

oh such a let down on the scent for you ๐Ÿ˜’@eshoe at least...

oh such a let down on the scent for you ๐Ÿ˜’@eshoe at least the lip balm was a treat

Re: oh such a let down on the scent for you ๐Ÿ˜’@eshoe at least...

Maybe the radish will actually have a radish scent, @sonnydee - then again, Iโ€™m not so sure that would be the best thing๐Ÿ˜‚

Glad you like it! @eshoe 

Thanks, @l8totheparty, I love it!

IMG_20200707_185637840.jpg

Y is for Yadah

Spoiler
Under the sea mask pack is a thin white sheet saturated in clear bubbly serum, which included plenty extra in the sleeve. The scent,,, ok I know what seaweed smells like because I have a pond,,, and it definitely is pretty close! Fortunately you can't smell it while it's on your face. Wear time was 20 minutes, I could tell the sheet was starting to get close to being dry, after removing my skin was nicely hydrated, extremely soft and plump, very lightly moisturized. Great results not so great scent

IngredientsIMG_20200707_185646159.jpg

@lmaster, I find that the fragrance on many sheet masks dissipate quickly, and are undetectable by the time I apply the mask to my face. Very happy to hear that was the case with this one; the results sound wonderful! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I agree @itsfi most fragrance does not linger, this one especially I'm glad didn't ๐Ÿ˜†

I havenโ€™t seen this one, @lmaster - I like the sound of it, though. Now I might choose to do it when I have a cold, Iโ€™m with you on the pond scent๐Ÿ˜†

Lol too funny @eshoe that may be wise ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm all about the Yadah but even if the scent doesn't linger, I'm not so tempted by this one. But you did say great results @lmaster - oh the tug of war on my heart. Who am I kidding, I'd totally give it a try.

It was really good! @ShortErica 

@lmaster 

I like your end summary - "Great results, not so great scent" - I think that could sum up a lot of the masks I've tried ๐Ÿ˜‰ But in the end, the results are what matter the most, right?๐Ÿ‘

Absolutely @Shosh85 you don't even notice the scent when you remove it from the packaging anyway 

This sounds like it gave good results @lmaster 

@emaisgr8 the results were worth the initial scent lol

1 Reply
testing