Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@ShortErica  The peach smell sounds nice! The eye mask sure is pretty.

Yeah, the peach was a great scent @emaisgr8. I try to not have too much fragrance on my face but I'm a sucker for a good smelling mask, especially when it lives up to its packaging.

Now I'm curious about where the fragrance sits in the new versions they released,,, @ShortErica 

Hmm..I don't know @lmaster. I don't mind a fragrance at the bottom cause even though I know fragrance can be a potential skin irritant, a good scent is enjoyable. But yeah, when it's above the good ingredients, I'm not happy about it. Hopefully the new ones have fragrance closer to the end of the list.

@ShortErica  Love this Creme Shop showdown! I think the HA one is my least favorite out of all these too. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I would also have to agree that the brand in general hasn't really been too impressive, but yet I still can't get myself to stop buying them when a new one comes out ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธโ˜•๏ธ

Price and availability are very convincing factors @Shosh85. And who doesn't love trying something new?!

@ShortErica  Nice Creme Shop run! I'm very much with you on TCS masks in general: they're way too hit or miss for me to consider them a favorite brand. I do still like the honey turmeric mask, though I don't recall mine having eye flaps... or maybe they do and I just ignored them. Hmm, now I'll have to use one this week to find out. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

I'm going to start snipping off eye flaps and using them to cover exposed bits of my jaw. The only times I've ever closed eye flaps on masks were during bath soaks, when I plan to lie back and keep my eyes closed for 20+ minutes in a warm bath. And that doesn't happen often because I usually sip tea or wine (or bourbon) and read during my baths, which requires open eyes. 

That's a great idea and way to use those flaps @WinglessOne 

Can't wait to hear if it has eye flaps on not @WinglessOne. Those sound like some enjoyable baths.

B is for BioBelle sweetglow.

215A7EB7-4EAF-48B2-A5FE-53768303EC14.jpeg

5F15E44D-492B-4E94-91C3-F5896AD0CC26.jpeg

This is the first time Iโ€™ve used this mask from BioBelle and I really enjoyed it. It is a thin tencel sheet that had lots of serum, that has a nice light sweet nutty scent. The fit was really good, I didnโ€™t have to make any adjustments. I left it on for 20 minutes and and there was still plenty of serum left to massage into my face, arms, neck, and chest. It left very minimal tackiness. My face felt very moisturized and did have a nice glow. I would definitely repurchase this one. A+

@faeriegirl  I always crave cotton candy when I see this packaging ๐Ÿ˜‹ Glad to hear you enjoyed this one! I remember liking it too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Oooh @faeriegirl, this one sounds fantastic. Iโ€™m intrigued by the sweet nutty scent on this one. 

Very cool. Tencel material is nice. Did it help with plumping @faeriegirl?

I did notice a little @ShortErica

Awesome! Thanks @faeriegirl 

i had a hard time getting my hands on this mask @faeriegi...

i had a hard time getting my hands on this mask @faeriegirl happy to hear the struggle was worth it!

Although this one doesnโ€™t have them, eye flaps are one of my pet peeves (thank you, @ShortErica!) and Crรจme Shop seems to have quite a few.EC364E47-699D-41CF-BB53-296578F3DD25.jpeg

Spoiler

Such a cute mask @eshoe 

Thank you, @emaisgr8 - the Sanrio character masks are overall adorable. Iโ€™m glad I have a few left!

I really like that mask too @eshoe and it is so cute! I really donโ€™t understand the eye flaps either.

Itโ€™s pretty AND it works well, @faeriegirl - thatโ€™s good enough for me!

1 Reply
testing