Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

A cica mask just because. This dessert is not Appealing.

F0FF9D80-A8F9-4E1B-808D-E0A15C167F1E.jpeg

Spoiler

@eshoe  I agree this dessert is not appealing!!!  Iโ€™m glad you liked all these!! 

Itโ€™s fun to play with (and for making shapes/letters for little ones), @ather, there is some good in jello๐Ÿ˜Š Thankfully the mask was nice, too;)

Iโ€™ve seen jello with vegetables in it as a side dish too. Yuck. @eshoe 

Shivers up my spine, @ather ๐Ÿ˜ฑ My nephew used to eat green beans cold out of the can, which...just yuck.

@eshoe Cica and jelly serum sound wonderful! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The serum was just right on this one, @Shosh85 - and the light scent was pleasant, too:)

@eshoe lol yeah the jello doesn't look that appealing knowing it's cica ๐Ÿ˜†

The whole jello thing I find not appealing, @lmaster !

I've never been a jello lover @eshoe now ice cream,,, that's a whole other story! ๐Ÿคฃ

I made jello years ago to create letters and shapes as a teaching tool, more of a tactile thing rather than an edible treat, @lmaster. Its kind of in the same category as bologna for me๐Ÿ˜†

You know what! @eshoe that's a really genius idea!!! Note taken if I have to home school again this fall ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ‘ I'm not very creative when it comes to simplifying and thinking up techniques to teach my two boys ๐Ÿคฆ this is a great idea to educate and have fun ๐Ÿ™Œ

It was so was ya when she was little, @lmaster - we used the Montessori approach. Great for tactile learners (and for short little attention spans!). Lots of hands on. Messy, but fun:)

@eshoe Ahahaha that made me laugh. I won't put anything cold on my face lol.

It feels pretty nice when itโ€™s practically boiling outside, @Samtian!

@eshoe Haha nope! Give me all the heat!

It does feel good on a hot day @Samtian @eshoe

Agreed, @Loretta55 - and on skin that needs some soothing (post dermaplaning).

This will be for the "masking pet peeves" theme. 

I enjoy masking as a way to help me relax, so a masking pet peeve of mine would be when a mask stresses me out because it is uncomfortable, restrictive, ill-fitting, etc.

The Sephora Collection Rose Gold Mask just did not fit me very well, unfortunately. It's a foil mask and contains rose quartz extract to hydrate/soften skin. The serum seemed just fine (though a little heavily scented); the fit just did not work for me. It may be that I just don't care for foil masks in general.

The foil was thick and heavy feeling, it didn't lie flat on my face due to the folds, it was too big everywhere, and it didn't want to stay on my face. The nose portion fit so poorly that I was having trouble breathing (as in there was an audible sound when I tried to breathe through my nose). It fit so loosely on my face that not much serum was able to absorb into my skin. And now that I look at the photo of the mask, the face looks kind of angry/mean.

rgmask.jpg

Ingredients:

Spoiler
Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Lecithin, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyacetophenone, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Allium Chinense Bulb Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycosyl, Trehalose, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Quartz.

Ohh my gosh @PrettyPaint it does!! It looks angry ๐Ÿคฃ

I had high hopes for this mask @PrettyPaint, but it wasnโ€™t a good one for me either. Youโ€™re right, the mask does look angry. ๐Ÿ˜† Itโ€™s like the mask knows many of us wonโ€™t care for this one for one reason or another. Lol. Okay, maybe thatโ€™s a bit of a stretch. But only a bit. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

testing