Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Shosh85, the shop was called James and the Giant Cupcake! ๐Ÿง I have a vague recollection that their branding was similar to a part from the film but instead of a peach it was a cupcake. At least thatโ€™s what I somewhat remember. In full disclosure, I was paying more attention to the cupcakes. Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Korean BBQ is so yummy! ๐Ÿ˜‹ I didnโ€™t know about Asian pear being part of the marinade recipe either until a friend made it for us from a family recipe and I was like โ€œwhat is this goodness?!!โ€ ๐Ÿ˜

I think anything reminiscent of a cupcake shop would be a good thing, @itsfi ๐Ÿง 

So thatโ€™s the secret to good Korean bbq? Iโ€™ve made it a couple of times but had no idea about the purรฉe, thank you for the tip! I will have to see if I can find that online,  because it seems I canโ€™t stop cooking/baking these days๐Ÿ˜Š

I think there are a lot of secrets @eshoe, including that it does take a looooong time to marinate. That was just one of the ones I learned. No success in getting the family recipe. I get it. But it was sure tasty! ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Ha, I know the feeling @itsfi. My sister bakes chocolate cookies that are perfectly crispy on the outside and just a little gooey in the middle. She swears a little extra flour is her secret, but it never works for me. I secretly think sheโ€™s holding back, maybe some day I will learn the truth ๐Ÿค”

I had to look that up, @lmaster - you are absolutely right๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe oh yes James and the giant peach is a classic for school kids 

@eshoe  Wait a second.... have you and your daughter never seen James and the Giant Peach?! I actually read the book before I saw the movie - it's such a cute story! @lmaster 

No, but now I want to watch it, @Shosh85! Also sounds like it might be good summer reading for her. I will check it out ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe  I really love Roald Dahl books! โค๏ธ

I did not know he was the author, @Shosh85. I loved the Fantastic Mr. Fox! 

Sensory experiences are so important, though, @eshoe. Overly fragrant, ill fit, etc can totally ruin a mask.

Yes, yes, and yes @haleyvvvv.

For the most part, masks in general (except for a very few) are more for the experience/relaxation/experimenting than anything else. For me, at least:)

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I love the Herbivore Prism Glow Facial && Summer Fridayโ€™s Overtime Mask! They are both incredible.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@lindseyyfaye, this reminds me that I have a deluxe sample of the Herbivore Prism mask waiting for me to try. Great idea to pair it with a hydrating mask after. Iโ€™ll have to remember that when I give the Prism mask a go. 

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Sooooo good! @itsfi

@lindseyyfaye  I love summer fridays!!! Sooo good 

Love their R+R mask too! @ather

@lindseyyfaye  Glad to hear you're enjoying these! I love the SF Overtime mask too! - It smells soo good!  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Oh my goodness does it ever! Also love the smell of the R+R! @Shosh85

Re: RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

The SUMMER FRIDAYS - R + R Mask is my favorite mask of theirs, @lindseyyfaye - that scent!

I used a bubble mask for the first time last night. It fits the A theme as AAAHH what is it doing to my face?! That was a weird experience haha. I didn't realize it was actually bubbling up until my mom saw it and said I looked like one of those things out of a DC/Marvel movie.

BubbleMask.jpgBubble Mask on.jpgBubbles!.jpg

12 Replies
testing