Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@WinglessOne  I love honey masks and this one sounds wonderful! I'm not so big strong fragrances, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't mind a strong honey scent! ๐Ÿฏ Glad to hear this brand is turning out great so far!

Ohhhhh this honey mask sounds unbelievable!!! @WinglessOne 

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

A for Apto Healing Turmeric Mask. And this also checks the pet peeves challenge. Why you ask?.... 1. the color, it reminds me of baby ๐Ÿ’ฉsorry.... so for that alone it makes me not want to try it๐Ÿ˜ฌ 2. wash off masks that dont come off THAT easy. this definitely needs a cloth toremove ,which i used. But also is strange because it doesnt dry down allthe way๐Ÿคท 3. Strong smells, it definitely is a smell you can either live with or not. it stays the whole time you have it on- 20 min 4. * didn't affect me that I saw* but reviews have said this can STAIN your skin๐Ÿ˜ณ I think I have 1 more use out of this ds. After removing my skin did feel softer but i think I would like this better if it exfoliated.๐Ÿค” I might have to try this again & exfoliate before.....by itself its ok but I like stuff better. ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›

@sonnydee, this is the first Iโ€™ve heard of this brand. Just went to look them up after your review. They have some interesting masks, but sounds like this particular one that is just okay. The possibility of it staining your face makes me a bit nervous about it - I can totally see me keeping it on longer than I should, forgetting to take it off and then staining my face. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Iโ€™ll be interested though to know how it performs after exfoliating.

yes, that would be a BIG con to walk around with jaundice...

yes, that would be a BIG con to walk around with jaundice looking skin! @itsfi if it stained, I didn't see it but it might be more visible on more fairer skin๐Ÿค” the green ( balancing) I did see, near my hairline, it didn't " stain" but I did have to go over it more than once with my cloth. maybe that's what they are talking about....

@sonnydee  Too bad this one was unimpressive! I'm not so sure I like the sound of it potentially staining skin ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Can't love them all @Shosh85 but im ok with that- making...

Can't love them all @Shosh85 but im ok with that- making room for my go tos.๐Ÿค—

@sonnydeeI tried the Nourishing a Mask from this brand and it turned my skin red and itchy (guessing the culprit is the spirulina?) This one seems like worth a try. The color sounds similar to the KORA Organics Turmeric Brightening Pore Scrub + Exfoliating Mask 3.38 oz / 100 mL

yikes! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ @eshoe I do have some others from this line- ๐Ÿค”...

yikes! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ @eshoe I do have some others from this line- ๐Ÿค” pomegranate & balancing. Gotta love ipsy

Re: yikes! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ @eshoe I do have some others from this line- ๐Ÿค”...

I hope you share how it goes with the other ones, @sonnydee. I was pretty excited, it looked like it would be a good one!

Re: yikes! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ @eshoe I do have some others from this line- ๐Ÿค”...

Of course @eshoe ๐Ÿ˜‰

@sonnydee very interesting,,, I'd be willing to give it a try though ๐Ÿ˜†

thats the spirit!๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ‘ @lmaster i got it in my ipsy bag on...

thats the spirit!๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ‘ @lmaster i got it in my ipsy bag one month but I have gotten others as well, maybe it'll come around again

@sonnydee  Aw, I know some (okay, many) folk don't like the scent of turmeric, but I do. I'm glad you still got some good results from this mask! 

Well this mask definitely does turmeric justice! @WinglessOne I'm in the can stand it group. Not something I would want my deodorant or perfume to smell, like but i can deal with. 

An Apricot and Papaya masking from last week. Fruity!

papaya.jpg

Spoiler

#

Oooh, apricot and papaya @eshoe. Makes me think of summer. Nice progress on the Origins mask. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

Slow but steady, @itsfi โ˜บ๏ธ Happy Fourth to you!

Love that you dueled the SF and Yttp @eshoe very good to know!!

Thanks, @lmaster! I feel like there are so many that need to be paired up, especially as I am trying to whittle down the contents of my drawers. 

@eshoe  Good to know the Celavi mask turned out so nice! I've seen the brand around a lot and have been curious about it, so now I may have to pick something up next time I see it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Great duel! I have tried both of these, and while I prefer the YTTP, I can definitely see how the results from both would be similar.

12 Replies
testing