Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Shosh85 I think the SF might be on its way out-I used it again last night, and it caused so much pilling. You know when you get a reallllly bad sunburn, and the skin peels? It was like that. I guess I will finish it by using it as a body cream๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

A is for Airpacking 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg

Spoiler

Mediheal Airpacking Mint Wrap

This is a thin, light green, two-piece foil mask. It was soaking with a clear watery serum and had a super light tea tree scent that wasn't too noticeable. As with most two-piece masks, this one fit very well and was very comfortable to wear. I had it on for about a half hour. When I removed it there was still quite a bit of serum left on my face that was just very slightly tacky. After massaging it in, it only took about 5 minutes for it to fully absorb. My face looked slightly brighter, my skin felt soft and smooth and the hydration was long lasting.

I enjoyed this one and will happily use the other one I have, though it wasn't stand-out enough to make me want to immediately run out and buy more.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg

My face:

Spoiler
D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg

I would pick this just for the color! I love Mint. Plus it feels great on the pores!

@Shosh85, I remember this one and the pink version being one of the first air wrapping masks I used. Do you have an air wrapping mask or masks that youโ€™d consider a โ€œmust haveโ€ or favorite? ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

@itsfi  Sorry, somehow I missed this..... I really don't love foil masks, so I wouldn't consider any of them to be a "must-have," but I think my most favorite was the Peach Slices Lucky Cat's Gold Foil Mask 

I remember that mask @Shosh85! ๐Ÿฑ 

Wow this mask sounds perfect for any season @Shosh85 

@lmaster  Yeah, I do think it's a good mask for any time of the year! ๐Ÿ‘

@Shosh85 these type of masks are so cool to look at, but I know what you mean about the final consensus. I always wonder just how much hydration my skin is really getting, as the material doesn't seem like it would hold much. But they are fun, and bonus - two parts!

@eshoe  Yeah, foil masks are fun and pretty, but you're right, they generally don't have the greatest adherence. This one turned out pretty great though - just wasn't blown away by it 

@Shosh85 isn't there a Whole Foods mask with similar material? Glad to hear it was enjoyable though too bad it wasn't a standout.

@ShortErica  Yes there is! Those ones are the "Air Wrapping" masks. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I'm not sure how many there are total, but the one I'm doing tomorrow will be my 3rd ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nice @Shosh85!

Dโ€™oh, I forgot to post this in the old mask thread... 

A = Abib, a brand whose masks have long intrigued me. In March, I finally ordered a few from YesStyle to try. That package shipped in April and finally arrived Friday. The tracking history of this package is impressively wacky: it traveled through Illinois (to Wisconsin and Missouri) twice. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ฉ 

Anyway, Friday night was my first use of the Abib Mild Acidic pH Sheet Mask - Heartleaf Fit

Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.

Notes: 

Spoiler

Claims: Adjusts pH of skin to its natural balance. Strengthens skinโ€™s immunity. Soothes irritated skin. โ€œMoisturize your skin with a 30ml bottle of ampoule.โ€ 

Ingredients: Abib says houttuynia cordata makes up 89% of this serum, so it should be loaded with flavonoids. That alone would make this mask an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory powerhouseโ€”but wait, thereโ€™s also purslane, 5 cica components, green and chamomile teas, polygonum cuspidatum root (aka hu zhang or Japanese knotweed, known for its resveratrol content), licorice root, scutellaria baicalensis root (aka golden herb, a potent source of soothing flavones), and allantoin, plus itโ€™s fragrance free. Good grief, if this mask canโ€™t soothe my skin, nothing will! 

And hey, thereโ€™s hollyhock again ๐Ÿ™‚ along with urea; these humectants might make up for the lack of hyaluronic acid on the list. Oh, and the rosemary extract wonโ€™t stop me from using this mask because itโ€™s not rosemary oil, which would make my face throw a tantrum. (The oil contains more irritating fragrant components than the leaf extract.) 

Spoiler

Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Methylpropanediol, Glycerin, Water, Butylene Glycol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Allantoin, Tromethamine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Madecassoside, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid, Madecassic Acid, Carbomer, Caffeine, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA 

Performance: Watery serum dripped from this fairly thin bambooโ€”err, ALBAM*โ€”sheet. The sheet fit me very well: perfect length, all the holes aligned perfectly with my features, and most of my jaw was covered. No scissors necessary. The serum smelled almost like nothingโ€ฆ there was a very faint leafy earthy scent, and my nose really had to search for it. I applied the handful of serum left in the sleeve to my exposed jaw, neck, and chest. Took me 5 minutes to get used to the sheet feeling like it might slide off my face, thanks to the sheetโ€™s softness and the serumโ€™s runniness. But it also felt nicely cooling and stayed put the whole 30 minutes of wear, despite the occasional chin drips. 

After removal, the sheet still felt fully loaded with serum, so I tore it in half and wore it on my chest for another 10 minutes. I spent 3-4 of those minutes massaging and pressing residual serum into my face and neck. After removing the sheet halves from my chest, they were still soaked with serum, so I rubbed and patted them on my shoulders, arms, and thighs. This is a super juicy mask! I didnโ€™t measure the leftover serum, but I think Abib makes good on their full bottle claim. 

Oh, and I got no pilling from this mask. My face (and neck, chest, arms, etc.) was just slightly tacky. 

*ALBAM = ALbumin + BAMboo. Abib says โ€œspecial ALBAM sheet made of bamboo fabric and albumin (egg white). If you apply pack to skin, the sheet starts to tighten and improve elasticity of skin.โ€ I didnโ€™t feel the sheet tightening, but I did get a second skin fit from it. 

Results: Redness? Where? ๐Ÿ˜„ That stuff was completely gone. In its place was very happily hydrated skin, so plumped up I couldnโ€™t see any fine lines on my forehead. My face also felt moisturized enough that I didnโ€™t race to apply a cream moisturizer. And I had a nice glowy radiance everywhere I applied this maskโ€™s serum. I topped it with a water mist and YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. The next morning, my face was soft and still moisturized, with just a little oil production from my nose (vs. the oil slick I often wake up to). 

I definitely need more of this mask in my life! This is the rare kind of mask that rates in the very high 90s on my wine tasting scale, probably a good 98. If the sheet was a bit wider at the jaw to cover my acne flare hotspots, this mask would be a 100 pointer. I only had one of these, so yesterday I ordered 2 boxes. This is now one of my โ€œhoard โ€˜emโ€ masks. 

What beautiful packaging @WinglessOne. I think this may be the โ€œflavorโ€ that I donโ€™t have; will have to check. I know I picked up the honey version (probably more than once) and the hyaluronic version in store. Beautiful list of ingredients; nice to hear it worked so well for your skin.

@WinglessOne this sounds wonderful!! I love the packaging so much ๐Ÿ˜† I know their sticker placements are Uber annoying 

@WinglessOne 

Dang. You sure know how to sell a mask! This one sounds wonderful! Not that I need any more masks, but I'll definitely have to place an order for these. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ So happy it turned out so great for you!

Can't complain with a number 98 @WinglessOne . This sounds great!

That sounds amazing! I see there are 3 other kinds. Were you planning on trying them or sticking with this one since it was so wonderful @WinglessOne?

@ShortErica  Funny you should ask: I used another one last night. ๐Ÿ™‚ I bought one each of the Heartleaf, Honey, and Aqua Fit masks. There's a 4th one in this line, Yuja Fit; I didn't buy it because it's key ingredient is citrus oil. I did also buy one of Abib's Gummy Sheet Masks and will probably try that one this week, too. 

Oh, I look forward to hearing if any of them live up to this @WinglessOne 

9 Replies
testing