Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

D is for “Dermalogica” and sweet dreams tonight haha. Also a bit of a sample dive ☺️. I’ve recently been using these products and my skin has been so happy thus far. When I bought the starter kit, a few samples were thrown in so I thought I would give it a try!

i started with the precleanse (not pictured because I opened the foil and it made a mess), followed by the special cleaning gel, skin prep scrub, charcoal rescue masque, and finished up with the phyto replenishing oil.

ETA - next morning and my face still feels so clean and decongested. It’s sooo soft and I think I notice a touch of brightness. My mini redness patch is gone too.

Spoiler
I have been using the cleanser and skin prep for a few weeks now, and love both. I use the skin prep only once a week mixed in with the cleanser because it is quite granular. My skin feels clean, but not tight or dry.

it was my first time with the precleanse - and let me just say, this STOLE the show. It smells amazing, like lavender and lemon. It has a beautiful light oil consistency that feels nice on the skin. I didn’t notice it turning that “milky” when I put water on my face, but all my makeup, even mascara came off with no problem and no irritation. I never would have tried this probbalt, but the sample has sold me. My skin felt so soft long even after washing it off. 

I was unsure about about the masque because of mixed reviews. It is a dark gray/green color and contains Sulfur, which you can TELL by the smell. I didn’t find it unbearable, but definitely noticeable and it’s not the best scent. The consistency is thick, smooth and spreads easily. It doesn’t dry down right away, which gave me a chance to even out the application. It says to leave it on for 7 minutes, which I did exactly. I focused mainly on my congested areas (t-zone and jawline). It felt a little clay mask right towards the 6-7 minute mark, but when met with water it comes right off with no problem. I did notice a touch of redness on one cheek, but no irritation or burning. My face feels a little tight but I followed up with moisturizer and the oil and it’s fine. I will admit my pores look tighter, and my t-zone feels less congested and blocked up. I’ll update tomorrow if my skin decides it wants to purge or do anything weird as a result. My skin also feels really soft. I’ll give this one a B+ just because of the smell (it lingers a bit after you wash it off) and the price. My skin does feel nice and soft though! 

Also - A++++++ for the precleanse.

88B52660-B2B7-40A5-9F57-5C5E8AB4B12C.jpeg

@cianni  OMG that mask is so cute!

Sounds like a great line-up! Thanks for your thoughts @cianni!

Thank you for this great review @cianni! I’ve wondered about the pre-cleanse for some time. That fox eye mask is ADORABLE!!!

Thank you!! @itsfi🤗 I wish the precleanse came in a smaller bottle because it would get more people to try! I truly could get two uses out of a single foil (if I hadn’t made a mess with it). The lavender lemon smell honestly made me feel like I was at a spa 🧖🏽‍♀️

Love your fox mask, I am a softie for foxes because of the Little Prince 😉

Love Le Petit Prince!!! @eshoe

@eshoe ❤️❤️🦊🦊

@cianni  What a great review! I keep hearing great things about this brand! The precleanse sounds fantastic and so does the scent! 😋 If my skin wasn't dry/dehydrated I would totally get this! 🙌

Also, I looove that mask! Super cute! 😍

@Shosh85 yeah, I feel like the mask would be irritating on drier skin types. The precleanse should be okay though! It’s kinda made me want to look into other oil cleansers... I never thought it would be something I’m into, but now the doors are open 😂😂

@cianni Well, you sold me! It doesn't take much for me to be enabled! Haha! Adding that to my list! 😉

Is the Dermalogica set for oily skin @cianni ? Love the fox sleeping mask 🦊 ! So cute!

@keana1 I got the set for normal-oily skin, but I know there’s one that’s just for oily skin. The products have been all great so far, but to be honest the moisturizer it comes with, the active moist, isn’t hydrating enough for my skin right now. I’m holding off till the summer to give that one a shot. Super combo skin is the struggle 😂 it’s hard to find sets that ”fit” my skin type, but these have been doing a great job. I prefer the products in the normal-oily to the normal-dry for my skin.

Combination skin is the worst @cianni ! It makes me feel kind of glad to have dry/very dry skin! I’m sorry that you have combo skin but I’m glad that you found skincare for your type of skin! 😊

@keana1 yeah! I mean the key is just to know what you’re working with haha. Luckily there are so many products now that address literally every skin type and concern. what I’ll never understand is people who say that they have “normal” skin.... what does that even mean LOL it’s properly hydrated without ever being oily on its own?? The dream 😂

We all have our little or big problems with our skin @cianni ! 

such a cute mask! thanks for reviewing those products, I'...

such a cute mask! thanks for reviewing those products, I've never tried those before @cianni

Re: such a cute mask! thanks for reviewing those products, I'...

@lmaster Dermalogica is a brand I feel like everyone kinda knows about, but I don’t know a lot of people who actually use it 😂 they have a nice day eye cream too which I’ve been liking, but for some reason you can only get it in the set, I can’t find it sold on its own 🤔

Sounds like you had a great masking session @cianni, but I think that cat eye mask really steals the show! 

ETA:  Okay.. maybe Fox now that I'm looking at it!

@missjeanie right!! I spotted it in the sale section for $6 CAD and I had to have it 😂😂

LOL I love that you put the CAD in ... I do the same thing all the time... Exchange makes a difference!! Thats one heck of a steal! @cianni

20 Replies
testing