Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldnโ€™t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information weโ€™ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask weโ€™ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we arenโ€™t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you donโ€™t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase โ€”> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the โ€œMasking Week Challengeโ€

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): โ€˜Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephoraโ€™s โ€˜Best Sellingโ€™ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the โ€œMasking Week Challengeโ€
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): โ€˜Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephoraโ€™s โ€˜Best Sellingโ€™ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

๐Ÿ˜‚ your post made me laugh, @missjeanie! When I inventoried my skincare last fall/winter, I was kinda shocked by the amount of cleansers and exfoliating products I had accumulated. Waaaaaay more than one face needs or could use. Itโ€™s really helped me in my low buy. 

I never tried the old formula so I canโ€™t compare, itโ€™s not bad, though it doesnโ€™t revolutionize my skin.

@eshoe I'm so bad with everything... I forget that I have things and get excited to try something new and then I look at how much I have and need to pull my self back to reality.  I think part of the reason I'm so into all the masking lately is because I didn't have a massive stash of product (only a moderate stash by my standards lol) and I could let myself buy some new things since I didn't have an obscene amount already.  I for sure have cleansers to last me though a year... but I get excited still!

Sorry the cosmic mask wasn't a great one, @eshoe. Hopefully the next one will be better! On the topic of GG- it's one of my favorite products, but I've never tried using it as a mask. I use it as a leave-on exfoliating serum 2 or 3 nights a week. Since it's an AHA, you really need consistent use over a couple of months to start seeing real results with it. I can honestly say that it's helped a lot with lightening acne scars and improving texture on my skin since I started using it more consistently last year. 

Ahhhhhh this is the kind of intel I need @quspork! I mentioned it to @lmaster as well, I will try using the GG alone for a bit to see what happens ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ok so @eshoe @quspork  do you then apply your moisturizer after the GG?

@lmaster Yes, I always wait about 15 minutes after applying the GG and then continue with the rest of my routine. That usually includes a hydrating toner, a couple of serums, and then moisturizer. 

@eshoe

Oh thank you for your info! @quspork greatly appreciated ๐Ÿ˜˜

Thank you so much @quspork!

@lmaster I have no idea, @CC3616 is that what you do? Sorry if you mentioned it already!

@eshoe @lmaster I apply then use a hydrating serum, then a moisturizer. I usually apply after a toner/essence. I use it in the morning but have considered nighttime use. I have some acids I like in my nighttime routine that I currently enjoy though. It does play nicely with SR luna/retinols according to their website, they recommend a retinol, GG, then moisturizer for nighttime use. 

@CC3616 thanks so much for that info! Appreciate it ๐Ÿ˜˜

Great info @CC3616, thank you so much! As I started reading,  I thought about where to fit in an essence, and you mentioned that as well so I appreciate your thoroughness! 

I hope it works out for you, @eshoe! Let us know how it goes! 

Can't wait to see the results of the survey @eshoe! Thx!!!  Sorry the mask was a dud... but glad you woke up with beautiful skin!!!

Really @veronika23, I had zero expectations for that mask, it could have been MUCH worse!

yeah that's true @eshoe!

I would of probably grabbed that mask too @eshoe I've not...

I would of probably grabbed that mask too @eshoe I've not tried the Sunday Riley good genes yet, I do have a couple samples, but I'm kinda scared to try it lol how did you use it?

Re: I would of probably grabbed that mask too @eshoe I've not...

For $1, @lmaster, it was worth it just to see what theyโ€™ve got going on๐Ÿ˜† About the GG, it sounds like @CC3616 knows much more about it than I. I googled it as I tried the GG alone and didnโ€™t find that it made any major difference in my skin. I really like the DE Protoni Smoothie and this reminded me of it, so I thought Iโ€™d give it a whirl (or two, or more). I might go back to using the GG alone๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@eshoe @lmaster It really took a couple months to see a difference with GG, Derms say up to 6 months with the lactic and glycolic but I think that's a little more generous of a timeline than needed for lactic, I believe it for glycolic because it increases collagen production etc. At that point the sample would just be good for sensitivity testing. I think the flash facial would yield good single use results though. Caroline Hirons did a video thats on the SR good genes page and youtube about the glycolic vs lactic versions, lactic is the original and the one you likely have samples of. I did a before/after review a couple years ago but I don't think it came over.. I wish I could find it! I have desert dry skin, sun damage, cystic acne scarred cheeks and the lactic acid did help give me a huge boost in hydration/plumpness there and  improve scarring/pitting (gonna need a laser for that one) I think via plumping. After I moved here with my fiancรฉ my skin went haywire I didn't use much in the way of acids/treatments for about 5 months and my skin looked like garbage... 180 when I was able to figure out what made it freak (our water!!!) and get back in my routine of using acids and retinol. Now that I'm leveled out again I want to cut back on treatment usage and see how far I can space it, what other non-treatment things are making a difference etc. Sorry that got long! 

I hadn't heard of protini smoothie! Wasn't a fan of night serum- makes sense looking at it now since it's a BHA combo.. Do you use the night serum on its own and like it too?  Could be your skin type being more responsive to AHA's, BHA's or combos that GG isn't it for you. Proteini smoothie is a combo with the glycolic night serum having both AHA/BHA where GG is just AHA lactic. A combo product is usually better if you're sensitive because it generally has lower concentrations and amino acids can also slow absorption (protini cream). 

I'm interested in trying the protini peptide cream after looking at all the things in the smoothie! The night serum was the first DE I tried and it took me about 2 years to try baby facial because I didn't like the night serum and just decided from there that I didn't like DE.. 

@CC3616 I found it on the DE blog. 1 pump each Protini and Framboos, and 1-2 drops Marula:6D417F36-065C-42D7-AEDF-DBC4306FB288.jpeg

\

wow haha I guess literally everywhere sells sheet masks now @eshoe . The tatcha lip balm is sooo pretty 

2 Replies
testing