Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldnโ€™t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information weโ€™ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask weโ€™ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we arenโ€™t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you donโ€™t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase โ€”> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the โ€œMasking Week Challengeโ€

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): โ€˜Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephoraโ€™s โ€˜Best Sellingโ€™ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the โ€œMasking Week Challengeโ€
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): โ€˜Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephoraโ€™s โ€˜Best Sellingโ€™ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: ooooooo I have @veronika23 thanks to @itsfi I'll definite...

It won't be long now. ๐Ÿ˜‚ @lmaster

Idk @veronika23 seems like it's been months ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I think the summer goes by fast bc we can at least go out swimming and stay active, but when it's cold, I don't even want to move let alone be active, so these kids get stir crazy uughhhh 

Hahaha I know what you mean! Hang in there @lmaster!!!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@veronika23 Oh man!! So many masks to try!! I want to try almost all of these! ๐Ÿ˜‚Thanks for the info!! ๐Ÿ™Œ

There are a lot I want to try too!  You are welcome @Shosh85!

So many great new masks, V! I kept saying โ€œand I want that one...โ€ as I was scrolling through them @veronika23. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Hahaha yup did the same thing! ๐Ÿ˜„ @itsfi

@veronika23  Thanks a lot!! Several of these look interesting!!๐Ÿค”

I know! Bad for my wallet. ๐Ÿ˜„  You are welcome! @yankeefaithful 

January 1 - 6, 2019  Mask of the Week Challenge: Letter "A" / "Masks You Discovered in 2018 - What new loves did you discover last year?"

Happy New Year, masking mavens!  This morning started with coffee from a local coffee roastery and then, for my first masks of 2019, I went with Mahalo The Bean Antioxidant Mask on my nose, chin and jawline, the A'Pieu Coffee Milk Sheet Mask and the Hurraw! Coffee Bean Lip Balm on my lips.

It's a coffee theme!It's a coffee theme!

Mahalo The Bean Antioxidant Mask

Spoiler
I first learned about the Mahalo The Bean Antioxidant Mask from @veronika23. It has an amazing ingredients list (see spoiler below which I obtained from the website for The Detox Market where I got the sample of this mask), including coffee which goes with the coffee-theme I had going on this morning. It claims to exfoliate, detoxify, soothe, soften, and brighten skin. Directions say to leave the mask on for 20-30 minutes and there's a note that the user may experience some redness or flushed skin after using the mask. Parts of my face were a little red after removing the mask, but that eventually disappeared. When I looked into the mirror this evening, my nose, chin and jawline (the areas where I applied the mask) looked clear and so smooth. The mask also seemed to have drawn out a pesky zit that was previously taking its sweet time coming to the surface. I'm really impressed with this mask; it gets an "A". I want to keep to a low-buy this year and use what I have before purchasing more products, be it skincare, makeup or otherwise, so at the moment, I'm going to hold off on purchasing a full size immediately (I mean, come on, I have to at least stick to my low-buy for the first day of the new year - hahaha!), but I will most definitely be purchasing  this mask at some point this year.  ๐Ÿ™‚   
Spoiler
Ingredients list taken from thedetoxmarket(dot)comIngredients list taken from thedetoxmarket(dot)com

A'Pieu Coffee Milk Sheet Mask

Spoiler
A'Pieu Coffee Milk Sheet Mask was my choice for this week's Letter "A" mask. There are several different 'flavors' in this line; this was the only one I didn't get to trying last year. It's a cotton sheet geared towards firming and moisturizing the skin. A unique design to this mask are its air pockets which are said to help with retaining moisture for a longer period of time and distribute the milky essence evenly. I'm not too sure on the claims regarding the air pockets and I typically find that firming claims require regular and consistent use to gauge its effectiveness and therefore, my one-time use of this mask would not be enough to say definitively whether the firming effects were accurate or long term. 

One thing I discovered about the A'Pieu sheet masks in this line is that not all have a scent to them. This one, however, does have a very, very subtle cafe au lait scent reflecting its "coffee milk" sheet mask name, but the scent disappears once the mask is applied. In terms of fit, it's a little on the long side so I just folded the mask upward at the chin. I also made the usual adjustments to the outer corner of the mouth, and the inner and outer corners of the eye area. I left the mask on for 20 minutes and after removing the mask and patting in the serum that remained,I couldn't say my skin was more firm, but it did look brighter and more hydrated - two results I'll happily take. For me, this coffee sheet mask and the other masks in the A'Pieu milk line fall within the "good, but not great" category, which in terms of a letter grade seems like it would be a "A- / B+" mask. 

Hurraw! Coffee Bean Lip Balm

Spoiler
First off, I love lip balms - they keep my lips soft, smooth and moisturized. My lips tend to be dry if left to their own devices so I'm constantly working to keep them moisturized and soft, especially in the winter. I was first drawn to the Hurraw! lip balms because they're organic, vegan and made with good ingredients. These lip balms are also adorably packaged and have some great "flavors". This coffee bean one is my 4th or 5th from the brand and it smells like coffee and chocolate! Yum! Given the scent, it's probably more appropriate if the lip balm was called a mocha lip balm. As far as lip balms go, I give this one an "A".  ๐Ÿ™‚  

What a fantastic masking session @itsfi! It looked so good, I was a bit jealous (in a good way;) ).

I love that Mahalo mask too, itโ€™s on my growing list of masks I would like to purchase at some point. I donโ€™t think I tried the coffee mask from that line, it sounds nice! What other โ€˜flavorsโ€™ do you have of the lip balm? I was tempted to get one when I ordered my samples just because they have such a great selection! I donโ€™t think I could ever have too many lip balms๐Ÿ˜„

@eshoe, I definitely subscribe to the โ€œyou can never have too many lip balmsโ€ philosophy! ๐Ÿ˜‰ In addition to the coffee bean flavor, I have the lip balm in chocolate, vanilla bean, black cherry, coconut, and a few more of the fruit flavored ones. 

@itsfi@eshoe  even though I have my HG lip balm already I too think you can never have too many lip balms. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„  I wanna try that vanilla bean as well! HA!

The vanilla bean sounds good @itsfi! I saw they had Earl Grey which is interesting!

I literally just applied the vanilla bean lip balm before I got to your post @eshoe! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

45AD9EE9-4C21-49F1-88A8-0019A00360EF.jpeg

๐Ÿ˜„ @itsfi lol that is too funny! Love your nails, you got a couple of โ€˜oooohsโ€™ and โ€˜ahhhhs!โ€™ over here;)

Awww, thank you! ๐Ÿฅฐ 99% of the time I keep my fingernails with a neutral/nude polish or no polish at all (so much easier to maintain during the work week!!) unless Iโ€™m just playing around. I went into work for half the day and then decided on my way home that although it was going to be a low key NYE, I was going to glam up my nails and do full makeup too ... and spend the rest of the afternoon and evening in my yoga pants, sweatshirt and flip flops. ๐Ÿคฃ  I forgot to take off the polish last night. 

Ohhh this is full of goodness calling my name. ๐Ÿ˜„  I think I may need to track down that lip balm and mask!  Glad you liked the Mahalo mask! I have a new jar that's unopened... I'm trying to finish other masks before I start using that one again. @itsfi

@veronika23, that Mahalo The Bean mask is fabulous - it worked so well for my skin! โ™ฅ๏ธ Thank you for letting us know about it! 

YAY! You are welcome @itsfi!!!

1 Reply
testing