Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Last night's masks included the GlamGlow InstaMud along my T-zone, the Sunday Riley Saturn Acne Treatment (not pictured) to help with a spot below the nose that is healing and as a bit of a preventative measure to an area on the forehead where I've been getting the occasional breakout; the Berrisom raccoon mask and the Tatcha Kissu lip balm. Since I've posted about each of these masks before except for the Berrisom raccoon sheet mask, I'll talk more about that one in the spoiler.  (Tagging @sonnydee @Shosh85)

IMG_E2742.JPG

Spoiler
I must have misread the suggested wear time for this mask initially because  at one point last night I wondered whether I might have to meet the food delivery person with this mask on. LOL! The instructions say 15-20 minutes; I probably had the mask on for about half an hour, which turned out to be just the right amount of time because when I removed the mask, my forehead was the only area that felt like it had a lot of any extra essence. While my cheeks had some essence on it, it felt like most of it had been absorbed by the time I removed the mask.

The mask felt a little thicker than most cotton sheet mask; it wasn't super thick but definitely thicker in weight. When I first pulled it out of the packet and before I applied it to my face, I detected a very chemical smell to the mask. I could not smell it after I had the sheet mask on but I definitely got a less than pleasant chemical scent in the beginning, which @sonnydee, your oldest daughter and her friends may be put off by. It fades away pretty quickly but the scent is there at the outset.

As you'll see from the photo below, the mask is definitely too long for my face, but it otherwise fit really well. No adjustments or tweaks were made to the mask before taking the photo and I ended up not making any snips, fold or cuts afterwards. The mask feels full of essence when you remove it from the packet and unfold it, but the essence was not dripping everywhere. After I removed the mask, my skin looked and felt like it had received a little hydration.  I wavered over whether to apply my moisturizer before calling it a night - while I felt like my skin was a little more hydrated than before I applied the sheet mask, I didn't feel like it was as hydrated as with other sheet masks where I clearly felt like I could forego the moisturizer.  But, in the interest of seeing how the mask performed, I decided to forego the moisturizer and to my surprise this morning, my skin was not at all dry or tight but looked and felt moisturized. I'd consider repurchasing this one and am looking forward to trying the other masks. ETA: for those allergic, sensitive of seeking to avoid products with alcohol, it is listed as the 10th ingredient in a list of 33 ingredients. 

As for how the mask looks when wearing it, you can see the photo in the spoiler and be the judge of that. I don't know if it looks like a raccoon so much as a tiger or maybe a bear, but I'll let y'all chime in on that.

Is this the face of a raccoon? :)Is this the face of a raccoon? 🙂

@itsfi  I'm glad you had a successful masking session as a raccoon? tiger? Cowardly lion? Never seen a brown raccoon!! You look cute either way!!😘 Thanks for the heads up on the scent!! Not sure if this one is for me. Great review for @sonnydee!😊

Thank you @yankeefaithful! Yes, not the best replica of a raccoon but these masks seem to come closest of the animal sheet masks I’ve tried to looking like the animal they’re intended to look like. It seems like all of the masks in the Berrisom animal mask line have added fragrance so it’s probably better for you to skip these.

What a fierce look @itsfi , no wonder why you were a bit worried about having to deal with the food delivery person! Boo 👻 ! It doesn’t look like a raccoon at all! You should wear this mask when the children come knocking on your door on Halloween 🎃 evening LOL 😂! Seriously I’m glad that you enjoyed this sheet mask since it seemed to be moisturizing enough and that you woke up with moisturized skin ! It’s too bad that it contained alcohol though!

@keana1, there are soooo many sheet masks I've used that could double for a scary Halloween mask. LOL!  Maybe it's just me.  Regardless, it's good to know that I have options for my Halloween costume. hahaha! 🙂

@itsfi I've never seen a tan raccoon lol but the eyes and...

@itsfi I've never seen a tan raccoon lol but the eyes and nose do resemble and tail on the package, it should be gray black and white 😂 oh well sounds decent anyway! happy masking night!

Re: @itsfi I've never seen a tan raccoon lol but the eyes and...

Thanks @lmaster! I think we're all learning something new here. LOL! 😉

@itsfi Thanks for reviewing this! It sounds great and I think It definitely looks more like a Tiger!! 🦁 Are there really Racoons that are orange? I've only ever seen black and grey ones! At least they got the eyes right, haha! 

I saw these on clearance at Kohl's – I think I'll stop by and see if there is any more! 🙌

I thought the same thing about raccoons @Shosh85! I've only seen the black and grey ones but a quick internet search shows that there evidently are orange raccoons in addition to this animated one. 🙂 

orange raccoon.png

@itsfi Interesting! I had no idea! Learn something new everyday! 😉👍

You are such a good sport, @itsfi😂! The mask has ear flaps?! Wondering if you noticed anything in the ingredient list that might point to the strong scent. I’ve been paying more attention to that recently after @lmaster noted denatured alcohol in a mask she used. Very cute mask, though!

Thanks @eshoe; I'm happy to help! 

It does have ear flaps! They're actually really cute. I'll have to check the ingredients list when I get back home to see if I can pinpoint the scent. You and @lmaster raise an excellent point that I forgot to put in my original post - I saw alcohol listed as an ingredient so that definitely needs to be noted. 

Thanks for sharing that @itsfi 

I think the red/brown color is throwing me off. Raccoons down here in the sweaty south are more grey but the eyes are raccoons! It's so cute though! I went with these because of the detailed/heavy coloring. I used a creme shop unicorn & my mini said she couldn't tell I was a unicorn. Thanks for the review! It sounds like they should all be well moisturized at least! Glad to hear they have a good amount of serum so they'll stick for a while. @itsfi

@sonnydee, the masks will adhere for a good while, and they'll be able to do things with the mask on other than just sit or lie down with the mask on. You're right, the design and detailing on the animal depiction on these masks is much better than The Creme Shop masks. I typically love masks from The Creme Shop but their animal print masks have been more 'meh' for me. These Berrisom ones seem like they're good - I've had the blackberry / panda one on this morning while I've been getting ready to start the day. 

Oh! The BlackBerry is the one I wanted to try. Did it smell like balckberries? @itsfi

@sonnydee, the scent definitely veered toward the fruity side but not what I think of when I think blackberries. 😞 I would not have guessed blackberries were main ingredient of the mask by the scent, which is a bummer because I was hoping it would smell of blackberries. My knee jerk reaction was it smelled of lychee and some other fruit.

Digging into my stash for this week’s challenge:fresh, DE, Dr. Jart, & Farmacyfresh, DE, Dr. Jart, & Farmacy

Spoiler

I really wouldn’t expect that the DRJart+ mask gave you dry skin afterwards since it contains ceramides ! Thank goodness you had the Fresh Black Tea overnight mask + DE LaLa Retro cream + the Jurlique Facial oil to compensate for your dry skin @eshoe ! To need all 3 ,your skin must have been really dry..., desert like...

I thought my skin would have been more hydrated after the mask, too, @keana1, but I still loved it! There easily could have been more serum in there. I used my pink silicone Sephora mask spatula to get every last drop out of the packet, and it was barely enough for my forehead. 

I also think the drop in temps is making my skin extra thirsty. 

I really enjoy products that have tea in the description...

I really enjoy products that have tea in the description @eshoe at first I didn't think I would like it, but it's definitely grown on me 😄
16 Replies
testing