Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

I see so many raving about this mask! Lovely choice @lmaster, it sounds like it provides wonderful results! I hope it will pop back up in the promos or rewards soon, I really want to try it ☺️

I know the full size is expensive @bakeamuffin but I bought the kit that has the mist and oil and mask bc I have about two more uses out of my sample left, and it's lasted me a long long time , and of course I do use the mist and oil, so it was a good deal for me

That’s a really good idea @lmaster! I noticed the TATCHA - Skincare For Makeup Lovers Obento Boxhas the mask included, I’ve teally been tempted by this set! It’s so hard when there’s so much that I want 😅😂 There’s so many amazing holiday sets and releases this year! 💸💸

That's a great set too @bakeamuffin it has everything!! I know the feeling trust me,, I'm putting myself in check for a bit 😂

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Using my staple Boscia Charcoal Pore Pudding treatment tonight with Burts lip mask and Elf eye masks. The lip mask is a keeper. Picture of the my moisturized lips. This is perfect for winter months. Still not a fan of the eye masks. My under eye skin does look more hydrated, but I'm still not wowed.

@IndyQT317 I think i'm the only person around who hasn't tried the Boscia Pore Pudding. Everyone raves about it! The BB lip mask sounds like something I'd like to try. Great Masking!

I haven't seen that lip mask before but it sounds great @...

I haven't seen that lip mask before but it sounds great @IndyQT317! I love that boscia mask. And I've been curious about the elf eye masks but I'll definitely pass on them now.

that boscia pudding is one of my faves! @IndyQT317 I've n...

that boscia pudding is one of my faves! @IndyQT317 I've noticed with the eye masks I have that are collagen hydrogel are not very moisturizing, but I'm going to use them up, and not repurchase

Agreed @Imaster. Any recommendations? I have the Sephora...

Agreed @Imaster. Any recommendations? I have the Sephora Pomegranate one in my stash. Hoping that one will be a better eye mask replacement.

@IndyQT317 I think eye masks are harder to tolerate alone. After you use a gel or clay mask, try the gel eye masks by first placing them on your face and then the sheet mask afterwards. I used to mask them separately and it took forever. This way is much more efficient, just a thought!

I'll keep that tip in mind. I did that tip before one oth...

I'll keep that tip in mind. I did that tip before one other time by accident honestly. I still didn't have much luck with hydration. I just think I haven't found the best eye mask product for my skincare needs. Most anti aging products I cannot use for ingredient sensitivities. So my brand picks a pretty limited.

@IndyQT317, I see that the Burt’s Bees lip mask is available at the Target near me. It will be mine by the weekend! 🤣😃

@itsfi Let me know how you like it!

@itsfi Let me know how you like it!

Re: @itsfi Let me know how you like it!

Most definitely @IndyQT317! 🙂

I like how you’ve got somethimg

for each your undereyes, lips,

and face @IndyQT317, great masking! Too bad to hear the undereye patches weren’t that great but I’ll be keeping my eyes open for the Burt’s Bees lip mask ☺️ It looks delightful!

I love that Boscia mask!  One of my favorite non-sheet masks. 

It was on of those days today.  Instead of drinking a bottle of wine I relaxed and masked using wine 🙂 .  I think I've seen this posted about on this thread before.  It's definitely not a hydrogel mask but it was relaxing.  After masking I followed up with Josie Maran Milk and Drunk Elephant eye cream for extra hydration and sealed it in with Argan Oil.

JOSIE MARAN - Pure Argan Milk™ Intensive Hydrating Treatment Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL JOSIE MARAN - 100 percent Pure Argan Oil

I picked up a few of these on sale at Bath & Body Works.  I left it on for 20 minutes.  It fit nicely and didn't feel tacky at all!  When I removed it, I massaged a bit of the excess in.  My skin felt calm and looked a bit brighter.  It wasn't a mask that stood out but it was definitely relaxing and I enjoyed the experience.I picked up a few of these on sale at Bath & Body Works. I left it on for 20 minutes. It fit nicely and didn't feel tacky at all! When I removed it, I massaged a bit of the excess in. My skin felt calm and looked a bit brighter. It wasn't a mask that stood out but it was definitely relaxing and I enjoyed the experience.

I'm curious about other sheet masks and wondering if anyone has any experience with Facetory or other subscriptions/sites.  Any input is welcomed.

@mishanyc I have been subbing to Facetory for awhile now and they have been consistently good. Some thoughts:

- The 7-Luxe is the way to go with this one. I tried the 4, and the quality of masks was less in my opinion. 

- The subs geared toward your skin type are ok, however they repeat the same masks 3 months in a row. If I like a mask, I will buy more; I don’t want to ‘try’ the same masks for 3 consecutive months. I can usually tell pretty quickly if I like a mask or not.

- I cancelled this month, as one of the masks they are including I absolutely cannot stand (the 23 years cocoon), another was included in June’s sub and I didn’t really care for it, and a third is from their new in-house brand. I totally support them launching their own line; I think overall their curation is excellent! However, if I am paying for a ‘Luxe’ box, I feel the masks should be on that level. 2-3 Step masks, bio cellulose, foil, or otherwise unique and truly luxe masks.

All that being said, I can’t wait to see what they have in store for next month! I definitely plan to resub, I think their customer service is outstanding and they are very responsive to any issues you may have (24 hours response is the standard, but sometimes it’s quicker!). I trust them as a company, I just hope they bring the ‘Lux’ back into their Lux-7!

Sorry for the exhaustive post. I just have thoughts on masking 😂

@mishanyc I second many of @eshoe thoughts. I also subscribe to the facetory 7 masks a month and I feel like the quality is definitely better than the 4 masks a month. c

I also agree that I do the general subscription, not the skin specific one. I like to get different ones every month. 

I have been very happy with them - their customer service is great and they are very consistent. 

I feel like for me 7 masks a month is the perfect amount. I try to sheet mask 1-2 times a week so this works out well for me. I subscribed originally because I wanted to curb my spending on sheet masks since a lot of them can be expensive, especially from sephora. So I don't find my collection gets too out of control because I don't tend to buy a lot of sheet masks outside of the subscription unless there's something new I want to try or it's something I really love like the Too Cool for School ones. 

Including one mask from their in house brand a month doesn't really bother me, I didn't even notice they had until @eshoe pointed it out to me haha but I would be unhappy if it started becoming more geared toward their brand. 

@mishanyc wine, that's a new one for me! thanks for sharing!

@mishanyc wine, that's a new one for me! thanks for sharing!

That Mask looks sooo great @mishanyc.  I actually get both the Facetory sub box and the Mask Maven Box.  I have to say that these are, hands down, two of my favorite sub boxes that I get every month.  I absolutely love the variety that I get with them and I also use a sheet mask a day so it is really important for me to have a “healthy” stash of them!  I do also supplement the ration I get in these boxes with some $1 or less sheet masks from Amazon (ie, packs of Dermal masks) to get me through the month without it being too outrageously expensive of a habit 😣!

testing