Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldnโ€™t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information weโ€™ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask weโ€™ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we arenโ€™t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you donโ€™t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase โ€”> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the โ€œMasking Week Challengeโ€

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): โ€˜Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephoraโ€™s โ€˜Best Sellingโ€™ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the โ€œMasking Week Challengeโ€
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): โ€˜Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephoraโ€™s โ€˜Best Sellingโ€™ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@KrishAtl Thanks for the information.  It sounds great!  Glad to hear it's working for you ๐Ÿ™‚  

It sounds like you had a lovely masking session @mishanyc! You used so many great products! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ There are a few people here who subscribe to masking boxes, including Facetory. Tagging @eshoe @KrishAtl @Kim888 - I think they subscribe to Facetory. I do as well but Iโ€™m thinking about canceling my subscription. Not because thereโ€™s anything wrong with the sub boxes but I have a pretty healthy variety of sheet masks now.

@itsfi Thank you!  I appreciate the tagging.

Mask of the Week Challenge!

yesterday afternoon I needed some hydration, so I used Sephora the golden mask. ok guys I would of repurchased this one just for the scent alone lol but overall I loved it, it fit perfect! I left it on for about 25 min. directions say to leave it on for 15 but I needed some extra hydration today, which it delivered! I already repurchased this mask! then at night I did the Fab peel that was included in the 10 day challenge sample. it said to leave on for 1-5 min as tolerated...omg did it burn! I left it on for the 5 min then used a warm makeup eraser to remove. I am already noticing my skin is much more smoother and softer than it's been in awhile, oh and I did wake up with a subtle glow

I have been curious about this mask thank you for your feedback @lmaster!! ๐Ÿ˜„ This sounds like a great duo. 

Yes, I went and bought 3 more yesterday,,uughhh @bakeamuffin other than the intense "tingling" ( more like burning) the Fab has already proven to show results fast

I canโ€™t wait to try the FAB radiance reboot! Thatโ€™s great to hear @lmaster, thereโ€™s nothing quite as nice as clear smooth skin โ˜บ๏ธ 

Iโ€™ve been going back and forth over the Sephora gold and silver mask @lmaster! Your post helps so much - the gold one is now in my cart. ๐Ÿ˜Š

The burning from FAB peel makes me a little nervous. The FAB Radiance peel pads are wonderful but Iโ€™ve wondered how much stronger the Intensive Peel is. 

@itsfi it burned like hell, I won't lie! but my face feel...

@itsfi it burned like hell, I won't lie! but my face feels so wonderful today!

Re: @itsfi it burned like hell, I won't lie! but my face feel...

That is all I needed to know, @lmaster. Note to self, "Self, lmaster says 'it burned like hell.' You don't have a high tolerance for pain, Fi - you're a wuss. You should skip this one. Definitely skip this one." ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi  Hahaha!๐Ÿ˜‚ So it's good that you have self awareness when it comes to pain!!๐Ÿค• Will try to keep that in mind when reviewing masks!! Painful or Painless!!! Got it!!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š What we do for polluaging!!๐Ÿ˜˜

LOL @yankeefaithful! On the painful - painless continuum, Iโ€™m definitely more of the painless ilk. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ Love that you are keeping polluaging in use! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi I bet you thought I'd forgot about it!! Truthfully,  I had forgotten how important it is but this reminded me!!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™‚

@itsfi omg you literally have me lmao!! ๐Ÿ˜‚Yeah if you have a low pain tolerance,, definitely don't do the peel!! 

thanks for the review @lmaster that sounds great!

anytime @Kim888 love trying all these new masks!

anytime @Kim888 love trying all these new masks!

Was this your first time using the FAB peel, @lmaster? The burning would scare me a bit, but thatโ€™s just me๐Ÿ˜‚! The Golden mask sounds good, I have been a little leery of the new masks as the primer one was such a dud for me, but his one sounds really good:)

yes @eshoe that was my first time using it, but it does s...

yes @eshoe that was my first time using it, but it does say right on the packaging that experiencing redness or"tingling" is normal... I'd say burning lol but it went away after about 5 min and I did not have any redness. I did really like the golden mask, the scent imo was amazing on its own ๐Ÿ˜‚ but it did do some good hydrating for me

IMG_2659.JPG

Spoiler

Yesterday morningโ€™s masking session involved the O.R.G. Skincare Peel that is slowwww-ly being used up (Iโ€™ve now set it next to my toothbrush so Iโ€™m reminded to try to use it up! LOL!)  I followed that up with a new mask from a trusted brand, the Mediheal Pearl Light Proatin Mask.  Leaders, Mediheal, Laneige, Too Cool For School, the FaceShop, and The Crรจme Shop are K-beauty brands that I find are consistently hitting it out of the park with their sheet masks. There are, of course, other brands, Korean and otherwise, that produce fabulous sheet masks but these particular brands have a proven track record with me.

The Mediheal Pearl Light Proatin Mask is a cotton sheet mask with a light milky cream serum. This mask has a good amount of serum to it but it is not by any stretch of the imagination drenched in serum. Even so, the mask has enough that you can wear it longer than the suggested 10-20 minutes and still have serum remaining in the mask. I left this one on for a solid 40 minutes, but I think I may have easily been able to leave it on for yet another 10-15 minutes.

Initially, after unfolding the mask, I thought the eye area was going to be too narrow, but it turns out, it can be stretched a bit so that I really only needed to make a few minor cuts to the inner corner of the eyes and the outer corner of the mouth area. The mask was also too long for my face, but I just folded it up at the chin area โ€“ itโ€™s about half to 3/4โ€ inch too long. Not a big deal at all.  Some fascinating things to note about this mask are (1) the eye flaps fold over and dangle at the sides (inner corner of eyes), as opposed to just underneath the eye area and (2) thereโ€™s a mouth flap. This last thing weirded me out a little at first (because it felt slimy having it covering my lips) but I just moved it out of the way and it was fine.

The serum in this mask literally melts into the skin, without leaving any sticky or tacky residue. It actually feels like you are applying moisturizer as you pat / press the remaining essence into your skin. Even though my dehydrated-combo skin is starting to veer more towards dehydrated-dry, I didnโ€™t feel the need to apply moisturizer โ€“ the essence from the sheet mask was plenty moisturizing. My skin looked smooth and bright. I applied sunblock, concealer, lipstick and mascara and I was ready to go.  ๐Ÿ™‚  I think this mask would be wonderful year-round for those with normal-to-dry or dehydrated skin. For those with combination or oilier complexions, this mask might be better suited for use in the colder winter months. Iโ€™m really happy with this sheet mask.

IMG_2660.JPG

Spoiler
Nothing new about last nightโ€™s masks โ€“ the Fresh Rose Mask is a nice rinse off mask for hydration; the Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm helps to keep my lips moisturized and the Megrhythm Steam Eye Mask, well, this one comes in handy to help me unwind before drifting off to sleep. These steam eye masks have been one of my most loved discoveries this year.

definitely @itsfi every part of your body benefits from y...

definitely @itsfi every part of your body benefits from your water intake... I'm stubbornly realizing this lol

Thank you ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ for providing a consolidated list of your go-to brands for sheet masks, @itsfi! I was just thinking about next yearโ€™s schedule and how it will be fun to see what everyoneโ€™s favorites are! The Mediheal sounds very, very good. I am looking to slowly build up my collection again so appreciate the recommendations ๐Ÿ˜Š

testing