Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldnโ€™t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information weโ€™ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask weโ€™ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we arenโ€™t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you donโ€™t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase โ€”> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the โ€œMasking Week Challengeโ€

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): โ€˜Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephoraโ€™s โ€˜Best Sellingโ€™ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the โ€œMasking Week Challengeโ€
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): โ€˜Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephoraโ€™s โ€˜Best Sellingโ€™ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Tried a new one tonight from World Market ๐Ÿค”

Unfortunatley, this was a no go for me. The hydrogel was of the extra-super-slimey variety which is immediately a turn off for me. But, good news it was two pieces which always makes masking while wine ๐Ÿท drinking a little easier ๐Ÿ™ƒ. But, after about 15 min the sensitive skin in my upper lip and under eye started tingling and burning a bit. So, of course, I took it off after. My skin doesnโ€™t feel bouncy or hydrated but doesnโ€™t feel dry either. This is an all around meh for me. I have high hopes for the other two masks I got so looking forward to trying them this week! 

A1851725-E8CB-4AE0-B7E5-0CD4A99B05EC.jpeg

Awh, it is a shame that this one didn't work out too well for you! ๐Ÿ˜ž But... on the plus side... I can't stop staring at that little panda poking up from the top. @scott1201 He looks very sorry.

I'm glad you took off the mask @scott1201!  The mask looked promising and how great that masks are sold at World Market now, though burning is never good when it comes to masking!  Fingers crossed the other 2 masks provide a better experience and better results!  

@scott1201 Well, at least it made drinking wine easier! Haha! It sounds like you got your priorities straight ๐Ÿ˜‚ Also, that pretty packaging would definitely suck me in!

Iโ€™ve been to World Market a couple of times just recently, and had no clue they sold masks! Another place Iโ€™ll be adding to the list of places to look! Hopefully the other ones you got turn out better! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

Sounds like the best part of this mask was that it was in 2 parts, @scott1201, so it wasnโ€™t a total loss๐Ÿ˜‚! Your reviews always crack me up. I wonโ€™t be running to Cost Plus anytime for sheet masks, table runners, yes;)

Thats too bad about this mask @scott1201! I think it takes a lot of skill to drink wine while masking.

@Aaliaa  @scott1201  I think practice makes perfect, so keep practicing masking + drinking!!!  ๐Ÿ™‚ hahaha!

This morning, I used Sephora Collection Supermask - The Primer Mask before heading out to catch my flight. It's a pink cotton mask with a milky cream essence.  It claims to hydrate and brighten your complexion, blur imperfections, even out skin tone and prime the skin for makeup in just three, count them 3, minutes.  I'll use the A'Pieu Milk Sheet Mask (Hydrating) in the evening - I've used this one before and have found it to live up to its claim of hydration; I suspect I'll need it after being on a plane.

IMG_2617.JPG

Spoiler
Okay, so I was a little confused by the Sephora Primer Mask - it's meant to do a lot of things, including serving as a primer before applying makeup, but I usually moisturize, then apply sunblock then my primer. This mask is creamy enough that I can use it as a moisturizer and primer, but I didn't know if I should put my SPF on before the mask or after.  I went with after.  Thoughts?  

Midway through the day, I noticed that my nose was extra shiny. I wonder if it is from the mask... The more dry parts of my face are fine, happy as can be with the moisturizing properties from the sheet mask.  I think the mask is good, and I would probably repurchase to see how it works when I use it in the evening before going out, when I don't have to think about whether to put SPF before or after the mask.  @Shosh85, I think you picked up this primer mask as well, yes?  If you've had a chance to use it, I'd love to hear your thoughts about it.

Did you happen to notice if the Sephora primer mask helped smooth/blur skin at all? ๐Ÿ™‚ @itsfi

@SchylarR  It blurred the pores on my nose a little, which was nice. Iโ€™ll probably try it out again and will pay more attention to that and how long the blurring effect lasts.

@itsfi These both sound great and makes me excited to try them both!! I havenโ€™t used this Primer mask yet, but I have used the BioBelle primer mask and was planning on trying the Sephora one next to compare them both! ๐Ÿ‘Œ I will definitely post a review when Iโ€™ve tried it! ๐Ÿค—

@Aaliaa @itsfi @eshoe  Iโ€™m never too sure about the order either, so I did some looking around๐Ÿ‘‡ But ultimately I think you should just do what works best for you and what feels right!

7CCE19B7-3393-4D86-BB17-1A98A6CB6EEF.jpeg

They all seem to say about the same thing:

Spoiler
999D1D70-B825-4EA6-8846-75BBE5154628.jpeg

577CDC7C-C9CE-4C36-B479-4BF57B2E1230.jpeg

7777AA7F-326D-4C9C-900E-C36F6AFDC313.jpeg  

I wouldn't apply a face mask after sunscreen or really even at the end of my skincare routine. I think the type of mask matters but either after cleansing/toning for detoxifying masks and before a moisturizer or facial oil for hydrating ones. @Shosh85 @eshoe @itsfi

@Aaliaa Yes, I agree, it depends on what kind of mask. That first picture I posted is kind of confusing, the mask they list as a last step is supposed to be a sleeping mask- I think they mean to say the sunscreen is the last step if using in the AM and if its at night, you omit sunscreen and use an overnight mask as the last step. I definitely wouldn't use an exfoliating mask as my last stepโ€“ just like I wouldn't use a moisturizing or priming mask as my first step. This is kinda what I'm talking about: 

CEF24DDB-BB1F-43C8-840A-72F66F037226.jpeg

And I think this is a better example of an AM routine๐Ÿ‘‡ I think if I were to use a priming mask, I'd put it in place of where I'd usually use a primer, which from what I've read, is supposed to go after sunscreen.58055B68-E5EB-4767-B3B7-52BEF29EAD55.jpeg  @itsfi @eshoe

Wow thank you again, @Shosh85! Didn't you just post about the warming eye masks, too, with the pic? What to use for sunscreen, then? I have the Nia from Dermstore's Beautyfix a couple of months ago...wondering if I should use that. Guess I will just try it out to see, like you said, as everyone's skin is different ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I think you may be thinking of @Aaliaa's warming eye mask post! Itโ€™s definitely next on my list of things to buy! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿค— @eshoe

I actually donโ€™t have much experienc with different sunscreens because Iโ€™ve always worn foundations that has SPF in it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Right now Iโ€™m using IT Cosmetics CC cream that has spf 50 in it. ๐Ÿ‘

Yep @Aaliaa used the same mask you are right, @Shosh85! I have a Josie Maran sunscreen let me see if I can tag it JOSIE MARAN - Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 yep it was in the Rewards Bazaar awhile ago and I love it! Itโ€™s what I wear when I donโ€™t put on a full face, maybe I should try it under my foundation like it is recommended. 

I am so glad you are asking this ?, @itsfi, because i need to wear spf but usually donโ€™t because I canโ€™t quite figure out where to apply it in my routine. I remember reading something awhile back that it should go under moisturizer as when it goes on top, your skinโ€™s ability to absorb it is somewhat inhibited. But every facial sunblock Iโ€™ve used has at least some white cast. Interested to hear feedback on this!

Thats true @eshoe. Both sunblock and more traditional primers should definitely go on after skincare. My assumption with this mask is that the 'primer' aspect is the extra hydration which plumps your skin and 'primes' it for makeup. Skincare won't absorb into your skin as well if applied after sunblock or a more traditional primer (especially silicone based). @Shosh85 @itsfi

@eshoe my AM skincare routine is usually toner/essence, then sheet mask (if I do one in the morning), then moisturizer, then SPF (a physical or mineral sunscreen), primer (though lately my SFP has been doing double duty as a primer and sunscreen), and finally makeup. 

Wow, I would never have thought to apply sunscreen under my makeup, @itsfi. I thought it was one or the other. And especially under primer! Thank you for sharing your routine ๐Ÿ™‚ also, just ordered those warming eye masks - pretty excited to try them!

testing