Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldnโ€™t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information weโ€™ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask weโ€™ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we arenโ€™t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you donโ€™t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase โ€”> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the โ€œMasking Week Challengeโ€

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): โ€˜Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephoraโ€™s โ€˜Best Sellingโ€™ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the โ€œMasking Week Challengeโ€
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): โ€˜Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephoraโ€™s โ€˜Best Sellingโ€™ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@itsfi Iโ€™ve thought about that too! We should write in a requestโ€“ they do have an Instagram page, haha! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰

DE Babyfacial & Sephora Lip balm is a power duo!  I'm glad you liked the Sea Kelp mask, too, @itsfi.

Agree @curlychiquita!  I think the DE Babyfacial and Sephora honey lip scrub combo would pair well with a lot of other masks, sheet masks and wash off ones. 

Glad to hear the Sea Kelp mask ended up working well for you! Your review is so compelling that I think I must look for this mask online ๐Ÿ•ต๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ @itsfi

@Guessgal  all The Creme Shop eye masks have been great!  If you are able to get your hands on them, would love to know what you think about them.  Based on some of the posts here, it seems like Winners in Canada might carry some Creme Shop products, but not sure if their stock includes the eye masks. 

@itsfi. This looks like great masking!! Of course, you know I love the DE Babyfacial and this eye mask sounds like something I would love!! Thanks for sharing!๐Ÿ˜

Ohhhh DE Babyfacial!!  What is not to love about it @yankeefaithful, other than the price?!!  ha!  I've learned about a lot of different exfoliating products from this thread and they've really done wonders for the texture of my skin, and that's been very helpful for masking!  ๐Ÿ˜‰  

These eye masks are wonderful; I think you would like them a lot!  Some have a distinct scent to them; others just smell fresh/clean.  It's a bit of a misnomer that they are called eye masks though - because they most definitely cover more than just the eye area!  But that's not a complaint at all, especially given how well they perform!  

These all sound so nice @itsfi! Iโ€™m glad the the kelp eye mask ended up working out in your favour! It sounds really nice ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Youโ€™re my masking inspiration ๐Ÿ’• I love the variety of masks that you use, itโ€™s so great reading through your reviews, especially since we have similar skin types ๐Ÿ˜Š Thanks for sharing! 

Awwww, @bakeamuffin, that is really kind of you to say.  Thank you!!  โค๏ธ โค๏ธ โค๏ธ  One of my favorite things about this post are the people here, like you!  And thank you to @Aaliaa for putting the thread together and keeping it going with the challenges. 

It's been fantastic hearing from everyone about their masking experiences - good, bad and funny, and learning what has worked (and has not worked) for people with similar skin types, mask preferences, etc. - I think my list of masks to try has grown significantly since being on here.  lol!  You and everyone here make this thread such a fun place to be.  ๐Ÿ™‚  

You ladies are going to give me an ego with all this thanks ๐Ÿ˜‚!! I'm glad we are all enjoying the thread so much.

RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@itsfi I also love the Sephora Honey lip balm , itโ€™s such a nice and gentle lip exfoliant, you canโ€™t go wrong on this one ! We donโ€™t have the DE Sukari babyfacial available in Canada since itโ€™s not approved by Health Canada ( bummer ) but I found a way to order the TO dupe version of it by ordering it from CultBeauty in the UK ! They donโ€™t have any DE products on that site... however, sad ๐Ÿ˜ข. But the TO version is quite good and so inexpensive. The only way to get the DE would be to drive to Burlington,VT but I have to renew my passport... It was nice before 9/11 because we didnโ€™t need a passport to enter the US by car but now things are very different and with good cause ! Canadians & Americans donโ€™t want any f*****g terrorists entering both our countries!

Re: RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

The honey lip balm is wonderful, isn't it @keana1?!  Sephora also makes a hand scrub in the honey flavor (I happened upon it when I was standing in line for the registers...and yes, it made it's way into my shopping bag - ha!).  I just saw that there's now a kiwi lip scrub... online at least! 

kiwi.png

That's such a bummer that the DE Babyfacial is not available in Canada - I think I first heard about that from @GG84 a while back.  ๐Ÿ˜ž  If my memory is correct, I think you posted about the TO dupe of the babyfacial.  TO products have a great price point.  

Oh yes!  Your post reminds me that I, too, need to renew my passport - that's been on my list of things to do for a while now, but it always gets pushed further down the list. 

@itsfi I didnโ€™t know that Sephora had a hand scrub? Thanks for letting me know about it! I keep pushing away the obvious! I have to get that passport issue done once and for all ! Iโ€™ll renew it for 10years instead of 5 years now that the 10y option is available .

Yes, go for the 10 year renewal @keana1!  If you're like me though, you may need to plan (and possibly) book a vacation in order to make sure the passport renewal happens. lol!  

@itsfi Thatโ€™s the main reason why Iโ€™m not too motivated to renew it! I donโ€™t have any pending vacation so Iโ€™m stalling ๐Ÿข

@keana1  It looks like only the hand balms are showing up online and those are showing as being OOS - hmmm.... when I went into the store, they had the coconut hand balm and the honey hand scrub, both of which I picked up. They also had the almond hand balm. Should be available in both US and Canada once they are in stock.

hand scrub.PNG

ca site.PNG

RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Catching up on last night and tonight-Monday I used the fresh Lotus and Meg 2 step soothing and brightening mask. Not wild about the fresh Lotis, though I love, love, love their Rose mask. I used the boscia cleansing brush with it, which I have been mainly using for my gel cleansers. I absolutely love this brush! The Meg mask was different. The first step is the AHA swab. I felt like there wasnโ€™t enough liquid on the swab, and tipped the packet slightly to see if there was a bit more. It all poured out on to my other hand ๐Ÿ˜ญ ouch!!! My face is used to this stuff but my hands certainly arenโ€™t! The jelly mask was plump FULL of very thick serum. I ended up removing the mask early as the thickness of the serum was a little uncomfortable for me. I wouldnโ€™t repurchase, but it was fun to try something new! Tonight I added what I had to match this weekโ€™s theme-the Crรจme Shopโ€™s Blueberry Banana Fusion Short mask. Very enjoyable and I like the scent-I would much rather smell this than heady florals or band-aids๐Ÿ˜†. I used the Origins Original Skin Rose Clay mask, removing with the boscia Konjac sponge (awesome for removing clay masks gently). Then on to the Ole Henriksen blue/black berry enzyme mask. This is one of my favorites and I finished it tonight. I have a backup, I havenโ€™t even checked to se if it is still available since the new packaging. It has a soft lavender/herbal scent that is soooo relaxing. I used the Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine to soothe my lips while masking. This is another one of my loves. Such a different consistency than any lip product I have tried. I threw the little Sephora eye makeup remover in here as I used it for the first time tonight, and really love it. It feels like the same fabric as the Makeup Eraser. I was skeptical, but it removed everything-mascara and all-with just water! Love that I donโ€™t need makeup remover with it, and it was so gentle on my eyes, another big plus. Hoping to try out some GlamGlow tomorrow, I have only used 1 of their products before and it was years ago!

Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@eshoe Thanks for the reviews and great job with masking! Iโ€™m glad you liked the Creme Shop mask! I thought it smelled delicious! ๐ŸŒ

I was actually thinking of trying out that Fresh mask too! I really like the Rose one too! ๐ŸŒน

@eshoe I like the idea of using the Konjac sponge gently to remove a clay mask.  Thanks for sharing.

@eshoe I also love their rose mask, Iโ€™m sorry that the Fresh lotus mask did not work out well.

The Blueberry/Banana fusion mask really caught my eye, it sounds so nice!! 

Ive been interested in the Rose Clay Mask, do you find it particularly drying?

RE: Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@bakeamuffin, I do find it somewhat drying. Looking at it now, it is a โ€œRetexturizing mask,โ€ so likely not the best for sensitive skin. I was drawn to the rose clay aspect of it, but it doesnโ€™t do Muh for my skin so it may be time to toss this one!
testing