Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Mask of the Week Challenge!

My kids laugh at me but I love this stuff. Origins Clean and Clear Charcoal Mask

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

That is one of the first masks I ever used @AnnieBalegan!  Works great on my T-zone.

That’s one of my all time favorites masks, @AnnieBalegan! Enjoy your evening 😊

Kids will be kids @AnnieBalegan, but I love this mask to!

I was just really ~feeling~ some exfoliation today. After cleansing, I used exfolikate and then followed up with the Origins Dragonfruit. I’ll eventually put on this sheet mask 😉

44BC88B8-EA0D-4A50-BCA9-15A9EE3D81D9.jpeg

It hit over 105 today in Dallas, so I really enjoyed the Dragonfruit. It’s cooling (even without refrigeration) and kind of feels like I’m putting yogurt on my face or something. The Dermal masks always feel cooling, too, so it’s a nice way to wind down after a busy errand Saturday. 

I watched Dr. Strange after Thor Ragnarok last night - give me a movie rec for tonight! 

That sounds like a fabulous evening in @scott1201!  How do you like the ExfoliKate?  I have so many deluxe samples of that, but have never actually used it.

@scott1201 these are lovely, your skin must be feeling so refreshed!

You reminded me I have a little bit of my Origins masks left as well! 😄 Hopefully I can use them this week and copy you, monkey see monkey do ☺️🐒

I recommend (re)watching Jaws 🦈 it’s entertaining but you don’t have to pay super close attention so you can still paint your nails, mask, and play on the BIC 😉 

@scott1201 Nice masking choices! I liked using the Project Dragonfruit! It’s been getting into the 90’s here and I have been loving anything with cucumber or aloe and chilling it in the fridge before putting it on after a hot a day! 👌🥒

Mama Mia is a good choice! If you’re going that route, you should also check out Pitch Perfect if you haven’t already! 🙌

Movie update! Found Mama Mia on Netflix so I’ll be singing ABBA for the next couple of hours...

That's a great movie @scott1201

🎶"Mamma mia, here I go again

My my, how can I resist you?

Mama mia, does it show again

My my, just how much I've missed you?" 🎶 

Enjoy your movie and masking! 

Enjoy your movie @scott1201

🎥 🍿 😄

Good choice! I'm excited for the new one coming out soon @scott1201!

RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Masking with the TO AHA 30%+BHA 2% Peeling Solution. In Canada we can’t get the DE Sukari Babyfacial peel so I’m using the dupe version. I had to order it from the UK ! This is normally not available in Canada so I tweaked the system and could finally get it !

Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

I’ve been wanting to try this! Thanks for sharing! @keana1 👌

@Shosh85 You’re welcome 😉 

@keana1 I love that stuff! I found mine on Amazon after S...

@keana1 I love that stuff! I found mine on Amazon after Sephora stopped carrying the line. at $15 you can't beat the price.

Re: @keana1 I love that stuff! I found mine on Amazon after S...

@AnnieBalegan I didn’t know that Amazon carried the Ordinary! But when I ordered from Cult Beauty it was about 19$ for 2 bottles! 

@keana1 that’s awesome that you found a dupe, I’ve been eyeing Babyfacial and am so sad that its not available to us. How was the result of this one for your skin?

@bakeamuffin It’s great! It leaves your skin baby soft and since I’m not new at using acids it doesn’t irritate my face at all ! I usually leave it for 10-12 minutes and rinse it off with warm water and follow with my morning skin routine. But tonight I won’t be using any acids so that my face won’t feel irritated but I’ll use my retinoid! It’s a shame that DE doesn’t deliver to Canada! 

Last night's mask was nice - I'm really liking the A'Pieu milk sheet mask line.  This morning's mask was ... interesting - in part due to the set up of the masks themselves and in large part because of user error. 

IMG_4261.JPG

Spoiler
Spoiler

The A’Pieu Green Tea Milk Sheet Mask is meant for soothing.  The mask is made of cotton and when I first open the package, I’m met with a light, clean scent, but not what I would associate with the scent of green tea - the scent is noticeable but not overwhelming. The mask is on the thicker side of sheet masks but it is not by any means super thick, just thicker than most masks I’ve used. 

The essence has a light, milky, creamy texture to it, and fit wise, it’s not bad – it is longer and wider than my face but even given that it is on the thick side, it was pretty easy to fold the length and width of the mask to better fit my face, and it did not bunch up.  There’s some essence that remains on your face after removing the mask but it was easy and quick to pat the essence into the skin.  Speaking of my skin, it looked fresh and supple and felt hydrated.  I’ve been happy with the masks from the milk sheet line and this green tea milk sheet mask is one of my favorites of the milk sheet masks.  🙂

The Lindsay Seok-Go Contouring Mask looked interesting – it’s a 2 piece mask but it’s not like the usual 2-piece hydrogel sheet masks that have a top piece and a bottom piece.  This one has 2 sheet masks that are meant to be layered on top of each other.  I messed up on layering the masks on top of each other – oops.  One of the sheets, the first one you are to apply to your face, is your standard sheet mask, but with straps that go over your ears. 

The second mask is then applied directly over the first mask – this one has a texture to it that feels crumbly.  I was told that “Seok-Go” means "plaster" in Korean and it seems given the name this second mask is supposed to be the star of this mask pack and is meant to help with locking in the hydration from the first mask and contouring the jawline.  Well, I made a mess of trying to get the second mask on so I won't be able to give a complete review of the mask.  Sorry.

Like the first mask, the second one also has a strap and loop that extend to the ears, but the ones on the second mask are attached to the bottom portion of the mask which falls well below the chin and is intended to cover the jawline, the area under the chin and a portion of the neck.  Let’s just say I had a very challenging (though comical) time getting both loops to stay on my ears at the same time.  😉  That and the double layers of straps on my ears just made it to be too much.  I finally gave up and left the mask on without having it secured around my ears.  I also think I used the extra essence in the pouch incorrectly for this mask.  What I did was take the extra essence and applied it on top of this second mask.  Not a good idea.  That ended up being messy, with some of the crumbly second mask either sticking together and forming a little goo like substance or flaking off … everywhere.  All over the sink counter, on the floor, in my hair…  Epic fail.  Do better, Fi!! 

The first layer, however, performed very well.  After removing that mask, I noticed my skin looked and felt more hydrated and I looked more alert and refreshed. A nice result but I feel like it’s something that can be achieved with other masks just as well.  Having an extra layer to place atop the first mask was fine but I’m not sure it added anything to the mask (though I can’t say that for sure since I was not able to see how well the mask worked for contouring my jawline). If someone likes having an extra mask to help the essence from the first mask absorb into the skin, it seems like you could get that by purchasing one of those reusable mask covers made of silicone from Daiso. 

I wish I had applied the second layer/mask correctly so I could give a full review of how the entire mask works and not just one of the layers.  I may pick up another one of these Lindsay masks down the road just to see what the results would be like if I applied both masks correctly.  

@itsfi Oh my, I’ve never used a mask like that Lindsay mask - definitely sounds more complicated than the average mask! 

Im really interesting in trying a mask from the A’Pieu line! They sound great! 👌🤗

3 Replies
testing