Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

I’ve never even heard of this mask! Thanks for sharing, @mermadelove - looks like a great one to try out 😊

@scott1201  I really love it!

@mermadelove 

Always good to hear about HG masks. Thanks for sharing!  I have this mask somewhere in my mask bin; will have to go look for it. Thinking it will make an excellent spot treatment while multi-masking. Does it smell like sulphur?

@itsfi  Very mildly so, if you stic the tube under your nose and squeeze. On the face you barely notice any scent. 

hahaha @mermadelove.  Note to self - "Self, do not stick tube under your nose and squeeze.  Repeat, do not stick tube under your nose and squeeze."  Unless you want a whiff of sulfur. 

Thank you!  Gonna try this one soon.

@itsfi. Not gonna lie. I do that every. Time. Sulphur reminds me of my gram. (Long story). Lol

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Well, I’m off topic today, but I accidentally bought two of these and really wanted to try one.😉 

The Creme Shop Charcoal Almond Fusion Sheet Mask.

FE7A9B48-6FD2-4394-B201-EDE7751F92FD.jpeg

8D10DECD-7D65-4DAD-8BDE-E1802E524FEB.jpeg

Spoiler
This one is great for clearing and cleaning skin. It had a great fit, but I couldn’t get it to stick to my hair fuzz, haha, so it just stuck out a bit around the forehead.😂 I also really like that it had the eye flaps! - I don’t use them to cover my lids though, I like them for more added protection for under my eyes👌
It has a perfect amount of serum and a nice light refreshing smell-  kind of a light almond scent mixed with something that I can’t quite place my finger on (not too great at describing scents, unless it’s food related 😂)
I kept it on for about 25 min and when removed my face felt soft and smooth and refreshingly clean. It definitely looked brighter and my complexion looked clearer! It didn’t leave my face dry and tight like a lot of charcoal products do, but it also didn’t really provide a lot of lasting hydration - (unless it’s sole purpose is to hydrate, it usually doesn’t for me.)😉
This one was definitely one that I absolutely could not let my boys see me in, 😂 I personally think I look like a ninja, haha! 
A75F09EE-8C7B-4A87-ACD7-E21EA2AADD15.jpeg

@Shosh85 I wondered about that mask. I FINALLY found the...

@Shosh85 I wondered about that mask. I FINALLY found the brand when I was in Bed Bath & Beyond. Now I see it everywhere. Or maybe I consciously started to be aware. lol

Re: @Shosh85 I wondered about that mask. I FINALLY found the...

@IndyQT317 It seems to be popping up in more places! I didn’t know it was at Bed Bath and Beyond! It’s definitely my favorite so far! If you happen to find them at TJ Maxx/Marshall’s, you can get them for a great deal👌 😉

@Shosh85. Thanks for this grea review! I’ll have to pull that one out as I have this one and haven’t used it yet. I do so love the Creme Shop!

@mermadelove Haven’t tried a Creme Shop mask I didn’t like 😉👌

@Shosh85   Me neither!

Where's a ninja emoji when I need it @Shosh85?! This'll have to do instead - hello kitty ninja.jpg

Thanks for your review!  I have one of these masks and now know when to reach for it.  It's too bad it wasn't as hydrating; with it containing almond oil, it definitely sounded like it would be.  But The Creme Shop Ch-ch-ch-chia mask should give you loads of hydration! 😉

@itsfi this pic cracked me up! Love! 

Super cute, right?! @mermadelove  

@itsfi. Totally!!

@itsfi Haha! This is great! I looked for an emoji too! 😂

This mask was hydrating, just not the kind of hydration I get when I use a mask that is especially for hydration😉

@Shosh85  Thanks for the review!!  You never know how masks are going to react on your skin. Are you looking for hydration? And it's funny you said it wouldn't fit good on your fuzz!?!! Is that what's left over from the foaming mask(werewolf)??😘 Just kidding!!😊

Haha! You crack me up! 😂 @yankeefaithful

It said it was supposed to hydrate, but I wasn’t expecting this one to be super hydrating for me. It didn’t dry me out at all, just wasn’t extremely hydrating either. If I am aiming for hydration, I have a few other hydrating masks I prefer to use. 😉 This was best for cleaning and brightening, (for my skin anyway 😉)

Meant to post this last night but ended up falling asleep before I got around to it.. I know Caudalie is a French skincare company and I *think* you can find it in French pharmacies. 

IMG_4198.JPG

Spoiler
Spoiler

The Caudalie Instant Detox Mask is a pink clay mask intended to draw out the impurities, detoxify and tighten pores.  Directions say to leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes.  The only other pink clay mask I’ve used is the Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay.  As between that Origins mask and this one, I much prefer the Caudalie Instant Detox Mask.    

The consistency of the Caudalie mask is thinner than the Origins one; I ended up applying a couple layers of the mask.  I could feel the mask drying and tightening but the tight feeling never felt restricting or suffocating.  I ended up leaving the mask on for longer than the stated 10 minutes, opting to keep it on until the entire mask had dried.  The mask rinsed off quickly and easily with warm water and I was amazed at how soft, smooth and clear my skin looked and felt.  I was not expecting my skin to feel so soft after using a clay mask.  I was very surprised by how well this Caudalie mask worked.  The directions on the mask suggest using it twice a week; I really hadn’t expected to use it but once a week.  However, given how great the the mask turned out for me, I’m pretty sure I’ll be using this again later this week, both as a full on mask and also as an overnight spot treatment for a couple of relatively small (but nonetheless unwelcome) spots that have popped up on my jaw line – darn you, cystic acne!  I could have left the masking sesh removing the detox mask and gone about with the rest of my regular evening routine, but I opted instead to use a moisturizing mask. 

I tend to reach for hydrating or moisturizing masks after using a detox mask last night, I reached for the Polatam Pure Cream Hydro Radiance Sheet Mask because a sheet mask that is geared towards hydration and radiance sounds like my kind of sheet mask.   😉  The Polatam sheet mask is made of cupro fiber, which I had never heard of before using this mask.  I did a quick bit of research and learned that it is also known as “cotton wool” and is made from the fibers that cover or wrap around cotton seeds.  Interesting, right?  This type of material is said to hold more essence than a regular cotton sheet mask.  I don’t know if it holds more essence, but this one certainly held A LOT of essence, which was very creamy and milky (as opposed to liquid-y and clear).  After removing the mask and patting in the remaining essence, I felt like I could forego my evening moisturizer and I did – my skin felt that moisturized and hydrated.  When I woke up this morning, my skin looked fresh, bright and glowy.  It also still felt very moisturized.

@itsfi I LOOOOOOVE Caudalie products, they really agree with my skin. The Detox mask is one of my favorites, definitely leaps and bounds above the Origins and other clay/detox style masks. I use a thick-ish layer only on my T-Zone and wait till it's completely dry before rinsing off (dry enough so that you can see all the darker oil spots that form). My pores practically disappear after this mask!

1 Reply
testing