Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Thank you!

Following @Aaliaa and @scott1201, I started my masking session with the PTR Pumpkin Enzyme Mask.  I followed that up with the Irish Moor Mud Mask and ended with the Rose Stem Cell Mask.  While I loved the end results from this combo of masks – deeply cleansed, clean, soft and smooth skin – I did not like all three masks equally. 

PTR Masks - Pumpkin Enzyme, Rose Stem Cell and Irish Moor MudPTR Masks - Pumpkin Enzyme, Rose Stem Cell and Irish Moor Mud

The Pumpkin Enzyme Mask is like a scrub, peel and mask in one ... and it smells like spiced pumpkin.  I did not experience any tingling – nada – not even on my cheeks, which is where I’m particularly sensitive and prone to feeling the tingles when it comes to peels or peel masks like this one.  My skin looked smooth and brighter after using this mask.  I liked the pumpkin enzyme mask but as to peel masks, I prefer the REN Glycol Lactic Renewal Mask.

Now, the Irish Moor Mud Mask was a different story.  This was my favorite of the 3 PTR masks and I’ll be purchasing a full size of this mask.  Like other mud masks, this one draws out the dirt, grime and other impurities from your pores, but unlike other mud masks, this PTR mud mask is not drying or stripping on the skin and does not turn dry either.  In fact, it's rather hydrating.               

The Rose Stem Cell Mask was my least favorite of the bunch. Although my skin looked and felt soft and fresh after using the mask, I think there are other masks out there that provide the same results.  I also found this mask to be more difficult to rinse off than the other two masks.  Texture-wise, this mask is thicker than I expected and that made the dry time on this one longer. I wonder if this mask would work better as an overnight mask.  I may give it a try as an overnight mask later in the week.

@itsfi Thanks for sharing your experience! I’ve been eyeing the Irish Moor for quite some time. My concern was that it would be ‘just another mud mask’. Interesting that it was hydrating! I might give it a shot. 

@JessyAnne

I initially had the same concern about the Irish Moor mud mask, but was so pleasantly surprised to discover that it was not drying; it's not your typical mud mask, that's for sure.  If you decide to try it, let us know what you think after you've had some time to test it out.

Thank you for your reviews, @itsfi!  I'm glad you liked the PTR Irish Moor Mud Mask! I'm glad to hear it's hydrating.  I stopped using other mud masks as I got older and my skin became dry.

@curlychiquita

I completely understand - as I've gotten older, my skin has become more dry and dehydrated.  Argh.  I was a little nervous at first about putting the Irish Moor mud mask on the drier parts of my face and debated whether to just use it on my oily T.  Was very pleased that it left the oily and dry parts of my face clean, clear and moisturized - not sure how that works, but I was happy with the results.  

Thanks for those reviews, @itsfi! I feel the same about the rose mask (and PTRs cucumber one, too) but there are definitely some gems in the collection! If you’re looking for a rose mask, the Fresh one is my favorite. 

@scott1201

I agree - PTR puts out some great masks.  Oh, the Fresh Rose Mask is one of your faves?  I have several samples (foils and DS) of the Fresh mask and will be trying it out later this week; will let you know how it goes.  

This one is noiiice!!!!!  The serum is thick and milky and the mask mostly fits (the mouth is a little low). It boasts niacinamide and glutathione for lightening and brightening and ginkonfor strengthening the skin barrier.  Not sure if that’ll be effective against daily skin peels but hey.  23 years old cocktail velvet petit mask23 years old cocktail velvet petit mask

After a couple of crazy weeks I’m back! Perfect timing too, because Fresh and PTR are two of my favorite brands so I have a lot of options 🙂

i kicked off off the week like @Aaliaa with the Pumpkin enzyme mask after I dermaplaned. I’m going to follow it up with a mask I got from my first Facetory box!

2D20961F-36C9-4356-B910-A8200FD1354B.jpeg

Welcome back, @scott1201! That sounds like a great self-pampering night!

Ouhhhh, the PTR Pumpkin is an oldie but a goodie!!!! @scott1201

Starting of Fresh and PTR week with the PTR Pumpkin Enzyme Mask. I've used this 4-5 times now and really like it. Lightest tingle - my face takes a lot so others would possibly tingle more. Its similar to the REN Glycolic mask but this has enzymes and AHA's in it. The description recommends it for Dull and congested skin and I agree, skin definitely feels soft after!! PTR Pumpkin Enzyme MaskPTR Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

The best. I’m like you, @Aaliaa - I can keep this one on my face for 45 min without any redness or irritation. It’s so weird how some skin can just “take more” lol

I have yet to try a PTR mask, @Aaliaa.  This sounds like one I could start with.  Thanks!

Ohh @Aaliaa I think I’ll use this one tomorrow! 

Enjoy the PTR Pumpkin @Aaliaa and @nikki.  It's one of my favorites.  Feel the burn!

@Aaliaa I'm *not* using this, but some BICers might be interested...a mask for pregnant bellies:

Oh interesting.  This might come in handy for anyone suffering from an especially itchy belly.  Too bad both my pregnant friends just had their babies or I would be subjecting them to these! @greeneyedgirl107

Omg the little winking eye is so cute! @greeneyedgirl107

@scott1201 I thought the delivery system of using a sheet mass was genius, b/c it makes it so much easier on the mom!

6 Replies
testing