Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Rules

Spoiler
Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.
How To: Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.
Most Important: Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 02/19

Spoiler

Week 8 (Feb 19th-25th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 9 (Feb 26th-Mar 4th): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 10 (Mar 5th-11th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 11: (Mar 12th-18th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemisty

Week 12: (Mar 19th-25th): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members?

Week 13: (Mar 26th-Apr 1st): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 14: (Apr 2nd - 8th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 15: (Apr 9th - 15th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 16: (Apr 16th - 22nd): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 17: (Apr 23rd - 29th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 

Week 18: (Apr 30th - May 6th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands sold at Sephora

Week 19: (May 7th - 13th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 20: (May 14th - 20th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 21: (May 20th - 27th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 22: (May 28th - June 3rd): 

Week 23: (June 4th - 10th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 24: (June 11th - 17th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Past Weeks

Week 1 (Jan 1st-7th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of New Years!
Week 2 (Jan 8th-14th): Brand Week - Glam Glow & REN
Week 3 (Jan 15th-21st): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 4 (Jan 22nd-28th): 'Weird Mask' Bubbling, colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 5 (Jan 29th-Feb 4th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time??
Week 6 (Feb 5th-11th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 7 (Feb 12th-18th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Here is my mask for the Sheet Mask Challenge: Kocostar Lemon Slice mask sheet.  

I usually hate sheet masks but I liked this one because it comes in 2 different size slices (and not a full sheet!). I felt like my skin felt brighter, more even/less splotchy, and softer the next morning. 

7A8C95CC-6F97-4197-8CB5-E25BC4E91DC1.jpeg

B20B6DB4-0D43-447B-9D8C-3C034DF33E94.jpeg

@CakesCakes

I'm definitely going to pick up some of these Kocostar masks.  You, @heartsmyface and @HeyMelissaa have sold me on these masks.I was in Anthropologie the other day and saw these after I had already made my purchases but will definitely pick up a few the next time I'm there.  Have you tried any of the other flavors?

@itsfi this is the first one I tried but the next one on my list is going to be the cucumber or Rose one. I hope it works for you!! 

That's a neat mask, @CakesCakes! I'm glad it works so well!

@curlychiquita Thanks! It was an impulse buy! 

Ohmigosh this comes in lemon too? That's so cool @CakesCakes!

@fieldsofclover I picked this one up at Target! They also had cucumber and rose ones. I’d love to try a strawberry one though!

it comes it tomatoe, lemon, cucumber and another flavor i...

it comes it tomatoe, lemon, cucumber and another flavor i cant remember @fieldsofclover

Re: it comes it tomatoe, lemon, cucumber and another flavor i...

@GG84  @fieldsofclover

I've also seen these Kocostar masks in strawberry, watermelon, kiwi, apple, rose, sunflower and tulip at Anthropologie and Neiman Marcus.

OoO No Neiman in Canada but we have a few Anthropologies...I'll have to pick some up!

This is the kind of mask I need to impulse-buy. I should see if the flagship Nordstrom stocks them 🕵️‍♀️

RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

I mask every other day but I always forget to post it! This has been my new favorite firming Mask. I love that it’s two layers. What’s better is that it’s available at Target. ❤️

Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Thanks,  @darlyndar! I'll look for it the next time I'm at Target!

Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@darlyndar It's two layers? 🤨🤔🙃

Bonus entry for multimasking week, because I'm transitioning out of daily DDG peels and haven't found a replacement for keeping my hormonal acne in check yet. This combo might be it, though.

I've always been underwhelmed by Origins masks but I finally tried my mini of the Rose Clay and I am officially blown away. This is going on my short list with Leaders and the Volition silt mask.

IMG_20180212_100931.jpg

LADY!!!!!!!! YOU NEED REN GLYCOLIC LACTIC RADIANCE RENEWE...

LADY!!!!!!!! YOU NEED REN GLYCOLIC LACTIC RADIANCE RENEWEL MASK!!!!!!

Re: LADY!!!!!!!! YOU NEED REN GLYCOLIC LACTIC RADIANCE RENEWE...

@GG84 I feel like I can't pay money for it until I use up my drawerful of Good Genes minis though!

@fieldsofclover, I'm glad you liked the Rose Clay mask!

glad you found something you like @fieldsofclover - I really like their rose clay mask as well! 

RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

I have tried this brand and am so glad it worked for you but idk seems to make my skin get super oily :-/

Re: RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@m3rc3d3s Yeah this is literally the only thing of theirs I've ever gotten excited about.

10 Replies