Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Rules

Spoiler
Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.
How To: Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.
Most Important: Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 02/19

Spoiler

Week 11: (Mar 12th-18th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 12: (Mar 19th-25th): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members?

Week 13: (Mar 26th-Apr 1st): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 14: (Apr 2nd - 8th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 15: (Apr 9th - 15th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 16: (Apr 16th - 22nd): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 17: (Apr 23rd - 29th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 

Week 18: (Apr 30th - May 6th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands sold at Sephora

Week 19: (May 7th - 13th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 20: (May 14th - 20th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 21: (May 20th - 27th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 22: (May 28th - June 3rd): 

Week 23: (June 4th - 10th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 24: (June 11th - 17th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Past Weeks

Week 1 (Jan 1st-7th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of New Years!
Week 2 (Jan 8th-14th): Brand Week - Glam Glow & REN
Week 3 (Jan 15th-21st): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 4 (Jan 22nd-28th): 'Weird Mask' Bubbling, colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 5 (Jan 29th-Feb 4th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time??
Week 6 (Feb 5th-11th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 7 (Feb 12th-18th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 8 (Feb 19th-25th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 9 (Feb 26th-Mar 4th): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 10 (Mar 5th-11th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Merry Masking!

Re: It's heeeere... so here's the real question: do I just ad...

What I do is gauge how my skin is feeling every day cause it always needs something different based on what i’ve been doing or simply by how i’m feeling.  I usually won’t use the same type of mask two days I a row and will try to address a different skin concern than I previously did so i’m not stressing my skin out.  For example using an exfoliating mask back to back may irritate you’re skin or using clarifying masks back to back may strip it). I have dry skin to a good fallback mask for me for everyday use usually boasts hydraulic acid. @fieldsofclover 

@fieldsofclover That's a whole lot of masks!! I've never tried Sephora brand skincare...are they any good?

@GG84  They're good "starter" masks, imo... full of glycerin and aloe juice and castor oil or something like that. They're definitely not high-end, but they don't claim to be so it's fine. I'm skeptical about whether there's much variation between "flavors" but they smell different and the illusion of choice is nice. Now that I have a more involved routine (daily DDG peel in the AM, retinol/mask/overnight treatment in PM) I use these when my skin needs a break from more active masking... for me they're like a lazier version of the Fresh rose mask.

They were my sheet/sleeping mask gateway drug - I get one here and there to hit the $25 buy-in for promos so I've tried at least one of each type in here already.

The only one I would actively steer clear of is the lip mask, though. They're newer than the others and there's something off about the formula... I just found it useless/mildly drying, but a lot of people have actually had a reaction.

What an amazing reward @fieldsofclover so tempting!!

On a totally selfish perspective I would say do them all in a month! This way it will be easier to compare and know which ones you love and want to repurchase (and would recommend to us!) Also given next weeks challenge, a lot of these could be very useful! @fieldsofclover

@Aaliaa I'm actually thinking I will do it this way... I think some of these are going to be discontinued which means this is stock they want to turn over. I'm not concerned about any of it expiring, but it will be more fun to use it all while it's fresh!

I just scored Dr Brandt Needles No More 3D Filler Mask at...

I just scored Dr Brandt Needles No More 3D Filler Mask at Marshalls for $29.99!!! They had a whole bunch of PTR Cucumber Aloe for $15.99...it was red stickered...and the box looked weird so I didn't get any of those but excited for this one even though I've never tried it lol I know a good deal when I see one.

@GG84 Wow that's one of the luckiest deals I've seen ther...

@GG84 Wow that's one of the luckiest deals I've seen there! Great find! 🍀

Re: I just scored Dr Brandt Needles No More 3D Filler Mask at...

What a score indeed @GG84!  Nicely done!  You'll have to let us know how you like it!

My mom loves this mask and says that she sees immediate improvement on forehead wrinkles. Hope you love it, too! Great find!

Nice score @GG84! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this mask!

I love Dr. Brandt but never tried any of their masks. Let us know how you like it @GG84!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Masking Trivia #02 - Whats the First Mask you ever used?

200.gif

My Answer

Spoiler
I think it was a mask from 'The Body Shop' when I was in middle school. It isn't available anymore but I remember it being pretty good. I remember going for a Guinot Facial at 16 and my love affair wth skincare started!29859-Blue-Corn-3-In-1-Deep-Cleansing-Scrub-Mask.jpg

Definitely a drugstore Freeman mask! Back in the day they only made a few kinds, so it was either the cucumber peel-off mask or the avocado/oatmeal one... those two got me through all of the 90s.

@Aaliaa I'm too distracted by those puppies to even think 😍😍😍

Haha, aren't they!

On summer vacation probably around 1988/89 my mom bought me a clay mask face (I asked for it, she wasn’t dropping hints or anything). It was a generic, no-name drugstore thing and OMG it was IN-TENSE. I had no idea what I was doing, except being very glamorous, and I slapped a thick, thick layer on my face and my little sister’s and we then proceeded to let the clay eat our skin off for the next hour or so. We were raw, red little lobsters after that. But I’m pretty sure we kept using it because we didn’t know any better. I was probably 12 and my sister was 9. Glamour girls!

RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Mask of Magnaminty from Lush. I was at science summer camp in Middle School and my roommate introduced me to Lush!

Re: RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@ChicagoEngineer That was also my first LUSH mask Smiley Very Happy People in Korea call it the "Shrek" mask. 

@Aaliaa My very first mask was ... and then I realized I couldn't remember, and it's almost like realizing you don't remember your first kiss. lol. I think it was something from CVS, one of the peel-off cucumber masks. 

Tbh I'm not totally sure if The Body Shop was my first as well @MSena @ChicagoEngineer. Also since I know we were all wondering...

Spoiler
c99ba822473206d91851c900e4444173.jpg

@Aaliaa omg haha, I saw this in Olive Young. How did you like it? 

13 Replies