Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Makeup=Acne

What should I do if I'm nervous concealer and foundation will clog my pores.

RE: Makeup=Acne

Thanks!

I used to have this mentality about makeup too!AND THEN I discovered cleansing oils/melting cleansers. Every since switching to a cleansing oil my cystic acne and blackheads cleared up dramatically and I CAN NOT live without them. I can wear anything now...including heavy long wear full coverage concealers and foundations without any issue. {did I mention it breaks down waterproof makeup too?!?!} my favorites are Tatcha and Boscia cleansing oils!💖😊

Re: Makeup=Acne

@Laurensofia I don't think that makeup causes acne in general, but there are certain ingredients (which are common in makeup) that might be causing the breakout.

A lot of skincare is 'your mileage may vary' so unfortunately it will take some trial and error. For me, foundations that are heavy on silicone break me out (although if silicone is lower on the ingredient list I am fine) and foundations that have chemical sunscreens cause me to break out. 

Stay away from anything with SPF in the concealer or foundation. SPF is altered when placed in different products and the result for us acne gals is bad. Sephoras products have worked well for me and they are on the lower end of the cost range. Bobbi Brown is AMAZING and Make Up Forever and Estée Lauder are also very good!

This is so good to know!
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing