cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Make up primer: first time using

Re: Make up primer: first time using

Hi @trinigalfly  are you looking for a primer? What kind of skin do you have? 

Hi BrendaBT! I have combination to dry skin. I keep hearin everyone talking about primer. I am not sure what I should get.

@trinigalfly There are really different TYPES of primers so maybe you should start by figuring out what you basically want your primer to do.  Some primers are designed to pretty much just be hydrating and if you have dry skin, you may want to look into those.  Ones like the Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40 mL or the FIRST AID BEAUTY - Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer are designed for this purpose.  Other primers are designed to smooth the skin out and aren't necessarily going to be overly hydrating and these types of primers often contain more silicone/dimethicone--the Smashbox Photo Finish Smooth & Blur Oil-Free Foundation Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL and the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Beauty Amplifier Ultra Smoothing Primer are good examples and they create more of that smoothness for you although some people don't like the silicone, saying that it feels too "slippery".  Some primers may also help to camouflage pores by filling them in, so the  Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Pore Minimizing Primer Standard Size - 0.75 oz/ 21 g, or the Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g are going to do this.  You may just have to have a little time to try some different ones out see what works well for your skin type AND the foundations that you normally use; just because one primer doesn't work with a specific foundation doesn't mean that it won't work with a different one.  Have fun playing and figuring out what you like!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing