Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Lost Newbie

Hi, I'm somewhat new to the site and new to the groups. I mostly buy jap and korean skin care on another site. Is this forum mainly to ask for recommendations?

Re: Lost Newbie

@jamontoast This forum is for all beauty, skincare, makeup and beyond. 

@SportyGirl125 Yup, thank you. I saw other forums I think I got a gist of it.

@jamontoast I’m by no means an expert on J or K beauty but I’ve tried a few different toners, essences, and serums, as well as a few masks. Was there something in particular you were looking for? What skin type/skin concerns do you have?

@makeitup305 yup I'm well verse in Asian skin products an...

@makeitup305 yup I'm well verse in Asian skin products and I been gravitating the brand cosrx for skincare which I buy from yesstyle. I'm interested if there's any good skincare from sephora, but that's difficult to find in a lower price point.

Re: @makeitup305 yup I'm well verse in Asian skin products an...

@jamontoast the most affordable brands on Sephora are probably the Sephora Brand skincare (which isn’t very impressive ingredient wise), the Inkey List, and the Ordinary. They recently added Innisfree as well. I’ve liked the few items that I’ve purchased from the Inkey list, especially the The INKEY List Tranexamic Acid Hyperpigmentation Treatment 1 oz/ 30 mL

@makeitup305 I have dry, acne-prone and sensitive skin. It started getting colder so I mostly on a hunt for something hydrating and affordable. 

@jamontoast I have yet to try a Korean toner that I don’t like. Some recent favorites are the Pyunkang Yul Essence toner, the Chico y Chica Tota-S toner, and the By Wishtrend Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water. Another one that I’ve been looking at but haven’t tried is the SOME BY MI Miracle Toner, which has some really nice ingredients. These are all around $15-20 depending on where and when you buy them. I usually buy from YesStyle and haven’t had any issues.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing