Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Looking for new skincare products for sensitive, acne prone skin!!

Heyy!!

I am currently looking for new skincare products to add to my routine now that cold weather is coming. I have really really sensitive skin and I can break out really easily if I put something on my face that my skin doesn't agree with. For the last year-year and a half my skin care routine has been: cetaphil gentle cleanser, the ordinary niacinamide 10% + zinc 1%, and cetaphil moisturizer. It is a very basic routine because again, my skin doesn't like many products. I am absolutely obsessed with my "the ordinary" serum and am looking to add more of their products into my routine and just want to be sure I can mix certain products. I also have combination skin, it can be oily in some areas and dry in others, especially during the winter season. The products that have caught my attention are "the ordinary 100% organic cold-pressed rose hip seed oil", "the ordinary hyaluronic acid 2% + B5", "the ordinary lactic acid 5% + HA", and "the ordinary buffet". If someone could please let me know anything about these products, if they can be used on my type of skin, and if they can be mixed? 

Thank you!!! 

Re: Looking for new skincare products for sensitive, acne prone skin!!

@Mircat2000 unfortunately skins really personal so no guarantees that the products you called out will or won't cause irritation - I'd recommend patch testing! Otherwise some notes on the products you mentioned 

•  "the ordinary 100% organic cold-pressed rose hip seed oil" - Great oil! Very versatile and rosehip has lots of amazing properties. This should work with everything - personally I'd use this in the PM but that's just because I don't like using oils in the AM you totally can though.
  • "the ordinary hyaluronic acid 2% + B5" - super simple hydrating serum works well with everything and can be used AM or PM
  • "the ordinary lactic acid 5% + HA" - great AHA choice if you have dry sensitive skin lactic acid is the most hydrating and the one of the less  irritating AHAs. This is already made with Hyaluronic Acid so you wouldn't need the HA + B5. I'd use this in the PM once a week to start AND most important you'll need to get a sunscreen for the AM
  • "the ordinary buffet" - think of this as a peptide serum with Hyaluronic Acid, if you're getting this in wouldn't bother getting the Hyaluronic Acid + B5. You can use this AM or PM and personally I wouldn't use it with the lactic acid serum but I don't think anything tragic will happen if you do. 

Hope that helps with navigating the ordinary! 

Re: Looking for new skincare products for sensitive, acne prone skin!!

Hi @Mircat2000 ! I've never used the Ordinary products before, but I hear that they are amazing! I love this moisturizer SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.69oz/ 50mL ! 💧If you need a new cleanser (although Cetaphil is great - don't change it if its working for you!) , I also love the Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL , which is super gentle. I hope this helps and I'm so happy to hear that you found products that work for you! 😊 Have a wonderful day and let me know if you have any questions 💕

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing