From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Looking for a lightweight, affordable (max $10 please) moisturizer for oily skin

Hey everyone! I’ve been doing some online searching and such for an online moisturizer and two which I’ve come across is which are promising to me are the Vitamin  A, B, C & E moisturizer from the Inkey list for $4.99 which has great ingredients and seems to be lightweight based on reviews and the CeraVe Travel Size Daily Moisturizing Lotion which I found on the Ulta Beauty app. Oily skinned folks, please share your thoughts and experiences with these products as well recommendations - thanks 😘

Re: Looking for a lightweight, affordable (max $10 please) moisturizer for oily skin

Hi @Jeffreyrivera!

Inkey List seems to be a very popular and affordable brand.  Other cheap brands are the Sephora Collection and The Ordinary.

Yes, the Inkey moisturizer you found is very cheap, but you have to take into consideration how small it is (1.7 oz/ 50mL).  It's a great way to test moisturizers to see if they work before buying a full size product.

I personally love the CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly 1.7 oz/ 50 mL for my oily skin.

Re: Looking for a lightweight, affordable (max $10 please) moisturizer for oily skin

Thanks. I do apply a broad spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen and reapply it at least three times a day so that’s why I don’t moisturize during the daytime as I’m already doing that with my sunscreen. Sorry hope this clears up any confusion 

Thanks for the feedback! 🙂 Tbh I don’t really mind if the moisturizer is only 2 fl oz or less because that’s ideal for me since I only moisturize once in the evening and don’t have particularly dry skin so I find my self using moisturizer only as needed if that makes sense. But I’ll definitely look into the Clinique one that you mentioned - thanks again & stay safe! 🙂

@Jeffreyrivera 

It's important to moisturize twice a day for best results, even if you have oily skin.  Oily skin is really just dehydrated skin so it's important to hydrate and prevent oils.  Without that hydration from moisturizers, your skin tries to compensate by producing more face oils, which is something we don't want.  Drinking plenty of water helps too!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing