Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Long wear makeup tricks?

Good primer that will make your makeup long wear /last all day? Long wear setting powders? Want my face makeup to last as long as my eye makeup. I use UD potion primer [5 star] and UD All Nighter Setting Spray [still in in trial run with it] but my foundation is still not lasting.

Re: Long wear makeup tricks?

The J.One Jelly Pack works great as a primer. I always notice a drastic difference in the wear time of products when I use something else. It also noticeably plumps and firms the skin so that product blends like a dream, but adheres securely. 

Have you tried putting a very thin layer of powder before putting on foundation? I've found that on particularly oily skin days, that really helps with any foundation wear time, but especially with foundations that are a thicker consistency like Tarte Amazonian Clay. It's worth a try if you haven't already. I use a translucent powder like Laura Mercier or Caudie Airspun powder. 

As for setting spray, Ben Nye Final Seal is my go-to for events, especially if I know there will be heavy sweating, humidity, or sun involved. It really is like hairspray for the face, and will really glue your makeup to your mug all day and all night. I transfer mine into an empty All-Nighter sample container so that the spray mechanism coats everything more evenly and I allow it to dry completely before moving around so everything is locked in place. It is a little pricey, but a little goes a long way. The high alcohol content and slightly minty fragrance may be irritating for every day use if you have sensitive skin, but I know some people who are able to use it almost every day with no issues. For everyday use, I'd recommend sticking with All-Nighter. 🙂 

Re: Long wear makeup tricks?

I know it works for some people, but UD setting spray doesn't work for me. I have better luck with a setting powder like Dermablend's or even ELFs ultra HD powder.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing