cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Lips & lips corners situation

Hey guys,

i could have put this in the Lips section and even in the Makeup is Life general section, but i put it here because i have sensitive skin, and our lips are like.. part of our skin lol

So, ive been having this issue with my lips and the corner of my lips since many years.

When i use balms or certain lip glosses (im not sure which products or ingredient are the main cause anymore, ill tell you why), my lips develops tiny bumps.

They are annoying because its not a pimple, but it has texture.

If i continue using the products, it gets worse.

About the corner of my lips, they kinda look dry, but arnt that dry.

What i mean is that compared to the normal texture of my lips, the corners have a texture that is kinda weird, its a bit hard to explain.

It makes my lips look kinda weird, im not sure how to explain. (I might post a picture later).

Here are All of the balms/lip masks that i recently used the most: 

- Bite Beauty (Agave + Nightime therapy)

- Tatcha Kissu

- Vita Citral soin TR

Now, its hard for me to know which of them have wtv ingredient that keeps making me have those little bumps.

I tried to used only 1 for some time to see if a specific one is worse, and they all seem to be equal.

What im starting to think is that All of them probably have 1 specific ingredients that does it. 

About the corners, when i use balms, the texture in the corner gets a bit better, but the fact that i get little bumps around my lips, the thought of that annoys me and makes me want to stop using balms, but if i do my lips gets very dry.

What i decided to try today is to put/use Aquaphor on my lips, to see if it would help with the texture in the corners, and i also hope that it wont create little bumps.

If Aquaphore doesnt really help, i will take a appointment with a dermatologist.

I read online that the lips corner thing could be because of bacteria, and this wouldnt be because i wouldnt be clean, its a situation thats known that alot of people deal with.

What do you guys think?

Have you had a similar issue?

What did you try to help it?

What worked/helped?

I could try to take a real big break from using balms, but idk, i dont want to end up with cracked lips. 

I think what ill do for now is only use Aquaphore for a while. Ill update you on it 🙂

Thank you all in advance for your replies !!

Re: Lips & lips corners situation

@Emy10 I was going to say aquaphor as well, because it's a repair product. If the problem doesn't go away, it's better to see a dermatologist for sure.

Update: Aquaphore is what works for me now.

I doesnt create tiny bumps around my lips, and it seems to have made the corner of my lips situation better.

I wont be buying other lip balms anymore.

Its a bit sad because i liked the textures of the Bite and Kissu by Tatcha balms alot, but they give me that tiny bumps situation.

I will edit this post later by adding my thoughts on the ingredients that those lip balms have that probably isnt in Aquaphore.

I also with my lips, but basically they are extremely dry all the time and flaky and I also get problems in the corners where the skin will actually crack open sometimes. The only loss I was ever able to use was from Bite Beauty and they discontinued that gloss. Otherwise, I also wear aquafina all the time, but I also use tree hut gloss for a little extra shine over the top of the aquafina. And I use Burt's Bees overnight conditioner or treatment at night. Only problem is I just can't seem to wear anything that has a tint in it because it seems to dry them out anymore even more. My doctor told me that I have a rare case of psoriasis that only affects my lips, and I too would like to get a referral to a dermatologist to see if there is anything that can help with the constant dryness. I know you wrote this a long time ago but I thought maybe, this might help a little bit. Good-luck either way! 😀

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing