Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Layering skincare for Acne scars - Sensitive Acne prone Skin

I am 34 and there's probably nothing good in the skincare section that I haven't tried (maybe that's why the skin got sensitive? 😞 cant say.) But now after reading a lot on Korean skincare, I thought of starting with layering good products and keeping a proper AM PM regime. I have a normal/dryish skin with forehead and nose slightly oily after 4-5 hours of cleansing. (I know there's a word for this, but I'm not a typical combination skin). I get pimples (1-2 a week) and some cystic acne around that time of the month. I do have a lot of scarring from past breakouts of 10 years mainly around the chin/jawline and outer cheeks.

I have tried all major brands out there and have recently found a good routine I plan to stick to; I am posting it here. Please suggest if anything similar has been tried by you, and if you have any suggestions or tips. Fine lines I can manage, but my major concern is just to get rid of scarring on the jawline. 

Cleansers - L'occitane face oil cleaner followed with La Roche Posay Effaclar face wash in PM as I've to remove makeup. (Only face wash in AM)

Toner - Caudalie Vinopure Toner

Essence/Lotion - Fresh Black tea Kombucha essence

AM Serum - Lancome Genifique

Moisturizer - AM - Belif or PTR Cloud cream. PM - Korres night Vit C cream

Sunscreen - Cotz sunscreen for sensitive screen

Same as AM, except serum treatment - Murad Age spot reduction serum (Hydroquinone) 

Anything you've tried that really helped with that? 

Note - My skin reacted badly to these items sadly so I try to stay away - OleHenriksen Truth Serum, CEO cream, Sunday Riley Vit C serum, The Ordinary and Clinique products.

Re: Layering skincare for Acne scars - Sensitive Acne prone Skin

ok I have tried many products from Sephora to try to help my acne marks/scars and the only thing to really work was the Sunday riley lactic acid serum. I used it religiously morning and night, after my toner, but before my moisturizer and I only used it on the spots I wanted to smooth out/lighten! The Kate Somerville D scar works well but takes longer. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing