Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

LIP CARE

What are some of your  go to lip treatments these days?  I am loving my lip cocktails such as these:

let me know what you discover as your favorites.

I sometimes use a little of my Josie Maran Skin Dope face oil on the lips before bedtime. Just a tiny bit for added hydration and smoothing.

Re: LIP CARE

@SherandaPRO  I like my lipcare routine to mimic my skincare routine. Here’s how it currently looks: 

AM 

1. Exfoliant, if needed (I try not to do this more than once every 1-2 weeks; it’s easy to over-exfoliate the very thin skin on lips) - usually ColourPop Lippie Scrub, the raspberry one. Occasionally I use SEPHORA COLLECTION - Lip Balm & Scrub (Dragonfruit) instead. 
  2. SerumGlossier Bubblewrap. I don’t use Bubblewrap anywhere else on my face. It’s not moisturizing enough on its own for my lips, but it’s a nice antioxidants + hyaluronic acid lip serum. I give this a few minutes to sink into my lips as I do other steps of my skincare routine. 
  3. Hydration - I just tap a little water on my lips, enough to dampen the skin and give the next step some moisture to seal in. 
  4. Moisturizer - plain ol’ Aquaphor Ointment. In addition to the large jar in my bathroom, I keep little 10g tubes squirreled away throughout my home and in my bag. 
  5. Sunscreen - SUPERGOOP! - Acai Fusion Lip Balm SPF 30 Deluxe Sample (can’t tag the full size for some reason). I find this isn’t quite moisturizing enough to use without a base layer of Aquaphor. But it’s by far the best sunscreen balm I’ve ever tried, and I’ve tried many. No gross sunscreen smell or taste, and it doesn’t make my lips a desert. 

PM 

1. Makeup remover - varies, depending on which lipstick(s) I wore that day. Could be just a tissue. For stubborn lip products, I use either Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover (the liquid, not the far less effective wipes) or Vaseline + a damp cloth. 
  2. Exfoliant, if needed - same products as AM, which is when I usually do this step. 
  3. Hydration - good ol’ water again. 
  4. Moisturizer - Aquaphor
  5. Sleep mask - either Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Original or LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original. I can’t use either of these without a base layer of Aquaphor. 

Throughout the day—usually once I’m home for the day, which (haha) is pretty much 24-7 now, so let’s just call it “between late afternoon and bedtime”—I sometimes use different balms rather than reapply Aquaphor as my primary moisturizer. I’m in love with FRESH - Sugar Hydrating Lip Balm Blood Orange and wish there was a candle that smelled exactly like it. The Watermelon variety is good too, but Blood Orange is my favorite. 

@SherandaPRO currently using BITE BEAUTY - Agave+ Intensive Vegan Lip Maskbut very interested in seeing the reviews for the new SUMMER FRIDAYS - Lip Butter Balm

RE: LIP CARE

Loyal subject of Kiehl’s butter mask for lips (overnight lip treatment)! I use it throughout the day too ❤️

There are do many great products in this thread, @SherandaPRO!!

I've been using the ILIA - Balmy Nights for a lip scrub once a week. I love that it is a stick. I have a bunch to try in my stash as well, but based on BIC recommendations I'm looking to also try the SC ones.

In the morning, I have the FRESH - Sugar Lip Balm Sunscreen SPF 15 - Sugar. Actually in Rose, but that wasn't an option.

At night I just grab the balm closest on my nightstand, and right now that's the Jersey Shore balm from Ipsy. And then the Bite Agave lip mask in the old formula.

But there's been so many lip masks and scrubs this past year that I'm eager to try!!

@SherandaPRO Sara happ has some excellent lip scrubs and lip mask, also love GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Glow Lip PopCiaté London Burst Hydrating Lip Oil Watermelon

RE: LIP CARE

@SherandaPRO I use the bite beauty lip scrub weekly. Helps keep my lips soft and smooth before makeup application.

Re: RE: LIP CARE

@MisssE  Great choice!  I love the Agave lip mask as well by BITE, i would keep it on during the day and wear a thin layer under my lip products for all day hydration. 

thanks for sharing!

RE: Re: RE: LIP CARE

Of course! I need to try their lip mask too! @SherandaPRO

I've become obsessed with lip oils, masks and balms over the winter. Here's a few of my faves: 

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original (always a classic go-to)

Ilia lip oils (the pigment on these is so nice!)

LANEIGE - Lip Glowy Balm (The peach one just smells sooo good) 

CLARINS - Lip Comfort Oil (I got the The Kooples black lip oil collab and it's so moisturizing and a pretty tint)

My faves are the AERIN Rose Lip Conditioner 1 Rose , BITE BEAUTY - Agave+ Intensive Vegan Lip Mask (I haven't tried the new one I'm still finishing my originals) and the Clarins lip conditioner which I do not think sephora sells. I did not have good luck with the leneige lip mask - it makes my lips very dry! 

I have very intrigued by MILK MAKEUP - Melatonin Overnight Lip Maskand SUMMER FRIDAYS - Lip Butter Balm so I look forward to reviews on those 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing