Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

As part of my New Year's resolution, I promised myself I would explore the world of Korean beauty a lot more than I have. I would love this to be a place to discuss and share your experience!

I am currently practicing the "7 Skin Method" every morning. This will help hydrate dry skin as well as balance sebum production is oily skin. I was a grease factory and am now very normal. This method is simply applying a hydrating toner 7 times in a row. You can use a cotton round, but I prefer to apply 5/6 drops to the palm of my hand and press it into my skin. I am currently using:

• Missha First Treatment Essence 2X ($49)
  • Amore Pacific Single Extract Vintage Essence 1X ($145)
  • ElishaCoy Moist Up Hyalurone Ampoule Essence 4X ($10)

Results are immediate! My skin is plump and glowing. Now, I could NEVER give up my Good Genes and Luna, but this will definitely take the place of some very expensive skincare products I use like my Vintner's Daughter. I would love to hear about Korean Beauty products you have discovered. I'm all for spending in the name of great skin! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

That's... everything you quoted?

Screenshot_20180125-182702.png

@fieldsofclover Can you check the ingredients and let me know if there is any silicone in this? I read somewhere that Missha First essence that I am currently using has silicone in it but I donโ€™t have packaging anymore to check.

@naturalooks15@fieldsofclover

The Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner is one of my favorite essences - it's simple, straightforward, gets the job done and my skin loves it. I am almost done with my current bottle and have another one on the way. It has a pretty clean ingredients list.

oh yes, you are right on the Pyunkang Yul essence toner. I love it. I double tone because I have ridiculously dry skin. first with my clinque with a cotton pad for exfoliation, then with Pyunkang Yul with my hands for moisturization. But about a week ago I got the Whamisa deep rich toner and I think I'm in love.

I love both toners.

@naturalooks15Nope!

Pyunkang Yul labelPyunkang Yul label

@naturalooks15 Oh, I lied... looked more closely, it has methyl ether dimethyl silane which is technically a silicone wax. It's pretty far down the ingredients list but it's in there (probably to make it more viscous/slippery). ๐Ÿ˜’

@fieldsofclover why is my bottle taking so long to get to me ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ค

@GG84 because I haven't started border-hopping for you and @Aaliaa yet ๐Ÿ›ฃ๏ธ๐Ÿ›‚

@fieldsofclover Thanks. Now I am even more tempted to buy it right away but I must resist till I either finish the Missha or at least make a significant dent in that bottle (and I bought the essence bottle plus also the mist for the same also since Target had it on sale ๐Ÿ˜ ) ๐Ÿ™‚

@naturalooks15 I use Missha as my first 2 applications, AP Vintage Essence then Pyungkang Yul as my last 4. Itโ€™s great to stack your Essences! 

@fieldsofclover I'm so glad for you but a little envious because I haven't got mine yet.  Let me know how you like it. 

RE: Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@fieldsofclover YAY!!!!!! Youโ€™re gonna love it. Or at least I hope you do! Thanks to @Anonymous Iโ€™m hooked on it. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

@fieldsofclover @Aaliaa is in your neck of the woods!!!!...

@fieldsofclover @Aaliaa is in your neck of the woods!!!! Atleast for another weekish

Re: @fieldsofclover @Aaliaa is in your neck of the woods!!!!...

@GG84 Long enough to get a taste of our USian shipping woes ๐Ÿ˜ฟ๐Ÿป @Aaliaa

I know seriously not impressed. I haven't had any chance to shop yet, but am planning to go to Sephora tomorrow. Fingers crossed I find nothing I like so I can be good and not return broke! @fieldsofclover

I've had spotty access to wifi, but yes I am currently in Texas. Did someone want something? @GG84 @fieldsofclover?? 

BTW @GG84, you can get Pyunkang Gul in Canada. Check out 'chuusidot-com' and 'mikaela-beauty'.

@Aaliaa Just commiserating! Hope your trip is going well! ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ

Ah! I'm having BIC FOMO. @fieldsofclover

Re: RE: Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@darlyndar It's sitting in DH's office with a couple other things so I have to wait until tomorrow! eeeeee

RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

I just started a K Beauty routine but havenโ€™t found an essence yet that I love. Does anyone have recommendations? I am loving the nephew green tea foam cleanser and their lemon exfoliating pads. I have been using the truth serum (not korean) but are interested in what other people like. I have redness and need to start combatting wrinkles. Since starting the K beauty routine my pores have looked much better!
18 Replies
Photos36
  • essence pic.jpg
  • Screenshot_20180125-182702.png
  • Pyunkang Yul label
  • D6DE9B85-8F8E-43E2-89D6-5FEEBE5CAC8C.jpeg
  • IMG_20180214_162019-01.jpeg
  • IMG_7696.jpg
  • IMG_7697 (1).jpg
  • Massage Tool
  • Normal/Combonation
  • Dehydrated Oily