Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Kate Somerville Real Results Challenge

october Skincare challenge.JPG

Hey, Beauty Insiders!

Welcome to the +Retinol Vita C Power Serum challenge! We can’t wait to for you to try our new silky, weightless sleep-in serum formulated with two anti-aging superstars: retinol and vitamin C and hear about your experience!

To get you started, here are all the juicy details on our latest product:

• +Retinol Vita C Power Serum acts as a rejuvenating power nap to refresh dull, tired-looking skin while you sleep
  • Use it before moisturizer in your nighttime routine
  • Retinol supports the look of skin firmness and texture while smoothing lines and wrinkles
  • L-ascorbic acid (aka the purest form of vitamin C) helps dramatically brighten and even skin tone for a more luminous, youthful-looking complexion
  • Added plant extracts and antioxidants help neutralize free radicals that can contribute to premature aging

Use this space to talk about +Retinol, see how others are liking it and to ask us any questions. We’ve already seen impressive clinical results but are more excited to hear about your transformations and challenge results!

Promo Code: VITAPOWER

Re: Kate Somerville Real Results Challenge

Kate Somerville +Retinol Vita C Power Serum

I have used this trial sample 3 times, from those uses my skin became red, hard, thick, dry and painful & hot to the touch. My skin peeled for 10+ days.

For some their goal is to get a rid the skin of dead skin cells with a good peel, this is not that. This was 100% reactionary, I have never had a problem with retinol or vitamin c, my skin is usually combination and not sensitive. This reaction lasted more than 10 days, and weeks later I am left with uneven tone, inflamed skin. I wouldn't use this on the face at all, the body (feet, legs etc.) maybe.

Hi @lil4tentechie,

We are terribly sorry to hear about your reaction that you had to the +Retinol Vita C Serum. Although reactions like yours are rare, everyone's skin reacts differently to different products and ingredients. If you haven’t done so already we recommend you discontinue use of the product. Also, you should refrain from using any harsh cleansers and exfoliants while your skin is recovering. Stick to a cleanser that is gentle and mild until the reaction subsides. Also applying a an OTC soothing cream such as Hydrocortisone should help to alleviate any discomfort.

All of our products go through rigorous testing to ensure our customers never experience irritation and we rarely get complaints. Customer satisfaction and feedback is very important to us and we will be passing on this information to our Product Development and Quality Control teams.

Anonymous Insider

I have dark circles and my skin and hair getting dull. I would like to take the test

Hi @Anonymous,

Our KATE SOMERVILLE - Wrinkle Warrior® Eye Gel Visible Dark Circle Eraser is a powerful, lightweight gel that visibly reduces dark circles, lines & wrinkles and puffy eyes for a hydrated look and feel. 

For your skin, our KATE SOMERVILLE - Wrinkle Warrior™ 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer + Serum is formulated with HA³, which effectively delivers immediate and long term plumping and hydration while improving the appearance of skin firmness and elasticity.

I would recommend our KATE SOMERVILLE - +Retinol Vita C Power Serum to help boost brightness, smooth uneven skin texture and improve the look of firmness, tone and elasticity. 

I am looking for help with tired bags under my eyes.  What is the best product to help with this?

Our +Retinol Firming Eye Cream firms, brightens, and hydrates to recover a more youthful under-eye appearance.

I tried retinoid before. I want to know what % if any of vitamin C has and how I can receive samples to try it. So excited to try this combinations of ingredients and see whats the outcome. 

@gabyPR We are so excited for you to try this combination of ingredients as well! The quantitative information (ingredient percentages) are trade secrets - they are both confidential and proprietary information of Kate Somerville Skincare LLC and cannot be disclosed. 

Always been interested in Retinol, but never tried. Look for to challenge!

We are excited for you to try Retinol! Retinol is used to diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles and improve the appearance of skin firmness.

@katesomerville My skin always reacts poorly to Vitamin C (I break out) wondering if the addition of Retinol would make a difference? Love to participate when it goes live!

Retinol and Vitamin C are high performance ingredients that can cause irritation, especially on sensitive skin. This product is formulated to minimize potential problems, but as all skin is different, we recommend that people with sensitive skin consult their dermatologist and always do a patch test prior to use.

@katesomerville Sounds like a great testing opportunity!

We are so excited to share this testing opportunity with you. We hope you love +Retinol Vita C Power Serum as much as we do!

Looking forward to test 

We are so excited for you to test our +Retinol Vita C Power Serum as well, and can't wait to hear your feedback!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • october Skincare challenge.JPG
testing