Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Is there anything else I should be using???

Hi! I’m 34, new to skin care, and could really use some guidance. 

My skin is dry and prone to jawline cystic acne.  

My current issues are jawline/hairline white heads, lots of sebaceous filaments in my t-zone, and dry/dullness with a couple of dark spots. 

I remove make-up with Clinique Take The Day Off and, wash with Dove bar soap, and moisturize with La Roche-Posay eye cream and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. 
I recently bought Paula’s Choice 2% BHA exfoliate as well as the same brands RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner w/ Hyaluronic Acid. 

My goals are to hydrate, remove the whiteheads and filaments, even my skin tone, fight aging, and just overall have nice skin that doesn’t require makeup. 

Is there anything I am missing or should consider adding to my routine that won’t break the bank?

I really appreciate any advice. 
Thanks! 

Re: Is there anything else I should be using???

I would recommend this product since my mom is using it now and it actually does make her skin look healthier and smoother after night. Also the Kiehl hydration kit make my skin hydrate and you also might try their dark spot correction, i’m using and worth the money . 

Sunscreen is a great product to add! I have combination skin and I love Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen.

Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 2.5 oz/ 73.9 mL 

@momof2busybees @Thrynley I agree this is a great sunscreen and sunscreen with spf helps acnes not scar as much. I have adult acne on my neck and jaw line. A few things I have learned is to get a good non comedogenic moisturizer and not to pick or touch the acne. I have also learned to use and layer serums into my routine. I like a vitamin c during the day for brightening and a retinol at night to fight aging. I have linked the current products i use that work for me. Good luck on your skin journey!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing