Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Is anyone getting an allergic reaction from the Fenty Beauty Gloss bomb?

I love the shade and everything but just feel like I'm allergic to it. I've been getting some cuts on my lips. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Re: Is anyone getting an allergic reaction from the Fenty Beauty Gloss bomb?

I think I am currently going through a BAD allergic reaction to the new Fenty Heat Gloss Bomb. I went to urgent care and my doctor thinking it was maybe my first cold sore out break but they said it does not resemble that. The only new thing I’ve tried since this started has been the new gloss bomb. I’m so sad because it was an amazing color on me and definitely helped make my lips look full. But I don’t need them this full with a reaction 🙃

I had a similar problem. I was using Fenty Gloss Bomb today and the bottom right of my lip started to feel sensitive. I thought I was getting a black head around my lip line - when I went to look in the mirror I saw a line of small pimple like bumps on my actual lip. 
My bottom lip is still sore and inflated - very uncomfortable and dry. Will be throwing away the product. 

Is anyone getting an allergic reaction from the Fenty Beauty Gloss bomb?

@Rosh93 omg yes!!!!

RE: Is anyone getting an allergic reaction from the Fenty Beauty Gloss bomb?

Ohhh noo!!

I had the same reaction recently while wearing Fenty Lip Bomb.  I have worn off and on since January with no problem, 2 days ago I wore it And was under direct sunlight, a combination missing during the previous few months.  I Believe this product contains some ingredient that contributes to ‘Sun rash/ Photosensitivity’ in some people. A sun rash has symptoms of blisters, itchy red patches, burning sensation, raised or rough patches of skin.  I love this lip gloss and hope the company can find the photosensitivity producing ingredient ‘culprit’ and remove or replace it..wondered if anyone else noticed the same combination of sun and lipgloss producing the symptoms listed in these posts.  I’m using A and D ointment ..which looks like a clear gloss! to help while my lips are healing..

RE: Re: Is anyone getting an allergic reaction from the Fenty Beauty Gloss bomb?

Yeahhh, that’s what happened to me during the winter it was fine but the reaction started during the summer 😞 Yeahh I hope they change the ingredients!

I got the same reactions but not from the gloss balm but from the liquid lipstick stunna lip 😞 

Ughhhhh I loved my lip glass bomb. However I have now broken out on my bottom left lip as of 11/30/2019. A brown small patch has occurred on my lip that feels rough and has tiny lil hives on it. I’m using fresh Aloe Vera and castor oil to moisturize my lips I will update later. 

@Rosh93 wrote:
I love the shade and everything but just feel like I'm allergic to it. I've been getting some cuts on my lips. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Anonymous Insider

Yes ! At first I didn’t realize it was the gloss doing it to me. But it’s the third time this happens to me now. I have little blisters all over my lips, swelling, and then after it goes away my lips are SUPER dry and chapped.  9F89BC60-C42C-4483-BF58-9633C22686AD.jpeg

My lips look exactly like this. Looks like they still haven't changed the ingredients

Yes! I have no idea why my lips broke out to the gloss! I wore it everyday until I just stopped and realized that my lips were extremely dry and burning. Nothing changed except for me wearing the gloss bomb! Now I have hives or this weird looking rash onmy lips that looks really disgusting. The only thing that stop the dryness and burning was Carmex as far as the rash I don't know.

image.jpg

OMG 😲!!! I Never new

IMG-20230526-WA0002~2.jpeg

this was a thing. My lips broke out and hives after using Ruby Kisses Butter Bomb gloss. I normaly use a different brand of lip gloss for a base coat and then the RK BB gloss over it. I changed it up one day and decided to just use RK BB Gloss. My lip gloss was popping and then got dry after like 2 hours of wearing so ofcourse I applied more. By the end of the day I had very fine bumps/hives on my lips. It felt like hair bumps but it was so dry over next the day of use. I realized then it was the lips gloss. Long story short the best thing to use is a piece of fresh cut Aloe plant. It's natural and most people are not allergic to it. Put the Aloe in fridge and let chill or freeze and then cut the thrones off the sides and cut down the middle. Rub all over lips! Smooch kiss the Aloe as frequently as possible at then end of the night let lips dry out and repeat for the next day. The chilled Aloe will reduce swelling any tight feeling and redness and soreness!

50FFD7BB-A3D8-42AA-A14D-7E9D03D63A3B.jpeg

same reaction to Fenty gloss Bomb shade Fussy! I felt a weird reaction but wasn’t sure from what ! Used it for like 5 additional days and even shared with my daughter!!! The gloss felt great on lips at first but something wasn’t right and caused my lips to react this way. When I seen another review with the same exact cracking lips! I realized it was the lip bomb 

RE: Re: Is anyone getting an allergic reaction from the Fenty Beauty Gloss bomb?

I’ve have the same exact reaction: rough patch on my lips that burn and eventually turn into hives. Aquaphor has helped with the dryness, but I still have hives.

Hi, since u started using Carmex have ur lips cleared up? I started reusing my gloss bomb this week. I had a reaction back in Oct but then I was switching off lip glosses over that week & I couldn’t narrow it down to this product. Well this time, it’s narrowed. I used it for 3 days & my lips hv hives, itching & chapped. I’m so sad, bc I ❤️ this gloss. Hv to toss it. Pls share remedy to clear ur lips. 🙁

Cortisone cream applied to my lips 2-3 times daily helped clear mine up in about 2-3 days.

Carmex did help with soothing my lips and the dryness, though to get rid of the hives completely I used abreva. It’s a cold sore medicine but it got rid of the hives. I Mixed the abreva with the carmex and did this once a day. This is what I did to get rid of the hives 

I've got the same problem as you! Most lip products cause a reaction on my lips. I was hoping this product would be different because it's so beautiful, but nope- hives right after I used it. 😞 

I'm also allergic to it, I've gotten small hives all over my lips within two days of use. Super sad cause it's such a pretty gloss. I also use the foundation, concealer, highlighter, primer, and powder and I haven't gotten a reaction from those, just the gloss. 

I also broke out with small hives on my lips. Lasting over a week. 

I had an allergic reaction to it for over a week. The Moroccan Spice pallete, Kilowatt Foil Highlighter Kit, and lipstick trio. Her foundation is okay but I won’t buy any of her products. I’m still dealing with the reaction currently. It’s very bad on my eyelids, lips, and all of my face.

43 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • image.jpg
  • 9F89BC60-C42C-4483-BF58-9633C22686AD.jpeg
  • A3D25741-4506-4EEF-BBB8-9A58F68B46C6.jpeg
  • 4009A178-AB2A-43CE-A01D-103A757CDD8C.jpeg
  • 2123BEB2-EAE6-42E3-86A4-E3C7F30EA578.jpeg
  • 50FFD7BB-A3D8-42AA-A14D-7E9D03D63A3B.jpeg
  • IMG-20230526-WA0002~2.jpeg
testing