Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Is anyone getting an allergic reaction from the Fenty Beauty Gloss bomb?

I love the shade and everything but just feel like I'm allergic to it. I've been getting some cuts on my lips. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Re: Is anyone getting an allergic reaction from the Fenty Beauty Gloss bomb?

Oh, I can't believe it, the same thing happened with my sister, she bought that same gloss and her lips are better now but they were very bad.

OMG yes! This gloss created an allergic reaction for me. Interestingly enough, the last few times that I’ve used an entire tube of this lipgloss, I don’t recall the reaction. It seems as though most recently they’ve added more plumper to Heat, and it’s created heat on the corners of my mouth. It is consistent with a rash of some sort, and when I discontinued use of the gloss, the rash faded and now it’s almost gone. To recover I’ve been using Tatcha Kissu Lip Mask, Vaseline, or Aquaphor. I love the red color! It’s such a beautiful gloss, but I wish they would remove the chemical that causes this reaction. 

Hi, well i have bought the Fenty Beauty Heat Gloss (Hot Chocolit) and i kinda feel like it is drying my lips but honestly i just put some vaseline before using the lip gloss.

I have not tired the lip products, i only tried the Lavender setting powder. My skin is peeling, my eye area is red and stings. My whole face is tender and itchy. 

The Poutsicle lipstain causes an allergic reaction on my lips. I hate that it does because I love but had to stop using it.

Definitely did that to my lips 

wow this looks terrible thanks for letting us know!

Hi! So I've never actually tried Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Glass Slipper but I used Too Faced Lip Injection Hydrating & Plumping Lip Gloss Original once & had a VERY SIMILAR REACTION!

It was AWFUL! My lips were like swollen & blistered & I only used it once! I'd never experienced anything like it before or after!! So I decided to compare the ingredients between the two products (turned out to be super tedious! OMG! LOL! 😅) to see what potentially could be causing this to happen to people.... 

Also, I'm not allergic to many things. I do not have sensitive skin & I've only ever had like a couple minor reactions to medications but they aren't commonly taken medications so unless you're epileptic they're not something you'll ever take. Anyway, I wanted to note that just as like an FYI or whatever ... idk! So yeah ... 

I did find a few common ingredients between the 2 products:

Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Mica, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate

Tbh, I don't know what any of these are or what they do ... that will take a bit more research - however it's possible that one of them is the culprit! But I'm no scientist so 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, I hope everyone is healing or already healed! When this happened to me after using Too Faced it sucked & hella freaked me out! I hope we can get to the bottom of this bc it doesn't seem like an insignificant number of people that this happened to! It appears to be A LOT! And there are probably many more who, like me, didn't think to mention it online! So I'm glad that the topic was broached in this forum! Thanks all! 😘

I had a bad allergic reaction to the fussy and ruby red! It’s so awful.. been using Benadryl cream, Carmex, taking allergy medication, and Aquaphor. 

Oh nooo! 

I have never in my life had an allergy to any product - I’m allergic to no medicines, etc. nothing. So this product is unique. 2 months ago my lips began tingling, swelled like I had fillers, and I broke out in blisters/sores and peeling/chapped lips. I was so upset and confused. I had used a variety of products, including Fenty lip gloss. But that was new and I assumed something old had become tainted.  Threw away all old products, took Benadryl, hydrocortisone on lips. It finally went away. Yesterday, found a purse w my Fenty lip gloss and used it. So pretty. Woke up today with the same thing. Threw all Fenty lip gloss away. Yikes!! Hydrocortisone and aquifor is what my derm recommended. 

Yes!  My lips have been dry, cracked, burning in ways they never have before.  I have exfoliated, used hydrating products, increased water intake…just realized this morning it is the Fenty!!!  Ugh

Ohh no, so sorry to hear. I hope it heals fast!!

I had allergic reaction to the Fenty Stunna Lip paint too.  I never have allergic reactions to lip products. So weird. I really wanted to like it. 

I had a horrible experience two weeks ago. First my lip swelled then I got blisters inside my mouth. I couldn’t eat and talk for 3 days because of the pain when I moved my mouth. I went to urgent care and at first they didn’t want to see me because it was a severed allergic reaction. I didn’t experience something like this before. So far it was the worst thing that have happened to me and my lip is still healing. I love Rihanna but… I spent a lot of money on medicine and doctor including dentists. If someone wants to talk and do something about it. I am interested to. 

2123BEB2-EAE6-42E3-86A4-E3C7F30EA578.jpeg

I hope you are all better now, that must have been so scary!

OH NO!!! Girly I am so so soo sorry that this happened 😖 i Hope you were able to heal up quickly and I really hope that you were able find a better alternative that doesn’t cause an allergic reaction🥺🫶

A3D25741-4506-4EEF-BBB8-9A58F68B46C6.jpeg

4009A178-AB2A-43CE-A01D-103A757CDD8C.jpeg

 I had the worst experience with the same lipstick. 

Oh wow, I thought it was just me and my overly sensitive skin.  I got one of these as a gift when I purchased mascara and another color of the Gloss Bomb.  I tried it inside my home, loved it and had no issues.  I then used it twice as gloss one weekend when I was out with my boyfriend.  Part of the time we were out was during daylight hours and the other time was after dark.  I did notice it burned quite a bit each time I applied it which I attributed to the capsicum in it.  12 hours later I woke up with severely chapped lips with hive-like bumps all around both lips.  The following day they started peeling.  I had to use cortisone cream for 3 days to get my lips back to normal.  Fast forward 2 weeks and once again I am doing a weekend trip away with the boyfriend and I'm outside in the sun, using the gloss only.  The next morning I woke up with slightly itchy lips and a few hive-like bumps again.  By that evening my lips were chapped and flaky again. I was about ready to accuse my boyfriend of stepping out on me and giving me some sort of virus. LMBO  Thankfully I did a web search for Fenty Gloss Bomb and chapped lips and found this thread.  So glad to know my BF is in the clear. (For real though, he's very honest and faithful...but your mind will go there on occasion). So I guess I will now call the Fenty folks and complain about this product and hopefully get my money back for the one I actually bought.  Considering it takes a full week for my lips to get back to normal, I definitely won't be using it again.

@stevielynne28 hi, if you got the chance to take some pictures of your lips while having the issue, I highly suggest you to send them to the fenty team, so they will see the issue. Sometimes beauty companies don't believe you if they don't see pictures or proof of what you're saying. Good luck, hope your lips are getting better!

Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • image.jpg
  • 9F89BC60-C42C-4483-BF58-9633C22686AD.jpeg
  • A3D25741-4506-4EEF-BBB8-9A58F68B46C6.jpeg
  • 4009A178-AB2A-43CE-A01D-103A757CDD8C.jpeg
  • 2123BEB2-EAE6-42E3-86A4-E3C7F30EA578.jpeg
  • 50FFD7BB-A3D8-42AA-A14D-7E9D03D63A3B.jpeg
  • IMG-20230526-WA0002~2.jpeg
testing