Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

So I put on the GlamGlow SuperMud mask and it's burning/tingling a bit... does anyone know if it's supposed to or should I just not wear it?

Re: Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

It's likely the eucalyptus leaves causing the reaction. At least that's what it was for me. 

I received mine in a BoxyCharm package a few months prior, but I only recently opened it last week. There was still a seal on it, there was a little separation of product down at the bottom because of the fact that it was on its side in the drawer where I keep all of my skincare, but that was okay. It does say that you should feel some tingling when you apply it, but my face felt like it was on fire. It felt like someone had poured boiling hot water on my face. I only kept it on for maybe three minutes before removing it. Whilst I had it on, I did look up to see if it was just me that was experiencing the burning sensation from the mask and I wasn't unfortunately. I had high hopes for this, since I know that the brand is one of the more popular ones, so I was really disappointed. My entire face wasn't too badly red, but it was slightly bright red around my nose and a bit of my cheeks. I threw it in the trash after I finished removing it. 

I put this mask on after getting it in a boxycharm package. I coated my whole face, and within 30 seconds, my entire face felt like it was on fire. I've never had a reaction like that. I have sensitive skin, so tingling isn't uncommon in my life. This was not "tingling", I literally felt like a firework exploded on my face. Threw it in the trash right away. I usually regift something if I don't like it, but my skin's reaction was so extreme that I didn't want to do that to anyone else. I looked up the product on incidecoder and ewg, and it seems like there are ingredients in there that can trigger a reaction, particularly limonene and phenoxyethanol. 

I think it depends on your skin type honestly because some masks affect my skin and some don’t if you have sensitive skin then it’s more likely to affect it:) 

I’ve used the glam glow super mud in the past and never had redness. Now wherever I put it on my face turns insanely red!! It doesn’t burn but it looks horrible after. Luckily I did it at night and in the morning the redness was gone. But I feel like my skin doesn’t feel as nice as in the past after using the mask. 
I decided to throw it away because I don’t want to damage my skin. I left it on just until it dried, so I can’t imagine leaving it on any longer. I definitely would have burned my skin. 
I wonder what has changed in the formula?

#glamglow #supermud

ya it "tingles" a bit until it dries sometimes.. overhyped mask in my opinion I wanted to love it so bad

Once on Reddit an anonymous Sephora employee did an "Ask...

Once on Reddit an anonymous Sephora employee did an "Ask me anything" and I asked what products were the biggest overhyped wastes of money and they said GlamGlow products. !!

Re: Once on Reddit an anonymous Sephora employee did an "Ask...

any chance you still have the thread location? Or what to search for the title lol - I'd love to give that a read 

Anonymous Insider

I didn’t even let it dry, as soon I start to put in on my face start to burn!!! I Take off immediately!!! And my face stays red!!! Why a lot of people is saying that this is good??I didn’t even let it dry, as soon I start to put in on my face start to burn!!! I Take off immediately!!! And my face stays red!!! Why a lot of people is saying that this is good??

Anonymous Insider

i didn't apply it on so much like a mask but i did use it and it burnt and tingled. nothing happened to my skin though but maybe that was because i did not put a lot of the mask on my face. i am confused 

RE: Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

I have very sensitive skin. I use Glamglow product and the mud didnt do anything to my face.. Whenever i put it i always feel cold on my face but it shouldnt be tingly or feeling burning.

It does that until it dries. although I've only used it on my acne overnight it's been amazing for it!! it's just the minty formula. might not be the best for very sensitive skin.

Sammee here! I had a little acne and it went away after use 

Will join the chorus, and say yep! Had it on for five minutes max. Have used it before but got this one in the latest Play box. Immediately went in the trash. Hope the redness dissipates

AF53171B-B066-472C-B51B-DFA1E6B0AF7D.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

I have exactly the same reaction , horrible 

The exact same thing happened to me. I could see the line around the edge of my face where the mask had been. Immediately threw it in the trash.

The same exact thing happened to me! I love Supermud and it never burns. I also got a travel size in the playbox and it started burning. I went straight to this review and washed off immediately. How odd?! Glam glow is my vibe though, I’m not. Giving it up!

Mine has a warm tingling feeling for the first 5-10 min but then it subsides, and I’ve never had any redness! I used it last night just to make sure. Could just be a reaction to acids or leaving it on too long. Also make sure to rinse off with fingers in the sink, scrubbing with a wash cloth can be very irritating.

Me tooMe too

I had bad burning from all glam glow masks and it caused me tons of micro zits, it was awful! And my skin isnt sensitive or anything. In all honesty there are much better brands out there that id recommend over this one, it irritates most peoples skin from what ive heard.
testing