Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

So I put on the GlamGlow SuperMud mask and it's burning/tingling a bit... does anyone know if it's supposed to or should I just not wear it?

Anonymous Insider

Re: Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

I tried it for the first time tonight, came here to get some advice because I did notice a burning as soon as I put it on the skin. I always do a gentle exfoliation before a mask, so I thought it could have been that. I did notice that the burning subsided after a minute or so as the mask dried, and then felt absolutely normal. I left it on for the 10 minutes, and my skin felt beautiful and wasn’t any redder than normal. I noticed a lot of impurities had been taken away. If the mask is burning even after the treatment has dried, then I think there’s a reaction there. The burning while wet I think is part of the mask, although feels more like a chemical peel! I wouldn’t do this too often, but would use again when my skin really needs a booster. 

Anonymous Insider

I so regret doing this the night before Christmas Eve!!! I legit have a chemical burn all over my face!!!! Worst product ever!! 

A8B27C14-5B8F-4697-84B2-702CD8BE5010.jpeg#######

WORST product ever. I thought the burning was normal. It left me all red where the mask was. I hope this goes away as I feel as though it chemically burned my skin. They need to do something about this!!!  

@amanda29xo It all depends how your skin reacts to the ingredients. The first time I used this mask, it also gave me a red face afterwards. I used some soothing products to sooth the redness. I did use the mask again, and I haven't had the same reaction since then. But I knew it was my skins reaction, not the product being bad. 

Hi @Anonymous,

This item does contain a blend of active acids so a slight feeling of burning and tingling can occur but should subside shortly. If you are experiencing an intense burn that does not subside, I recommend discontinuing the use of this product. 

Best,
Rebecca 

RE: Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

I have sensitive skin. It turns my face red like a lobster if I haven’t used it in a while. If I use it more frequently I get a strong tingling and burning but the redness isn’t so bad and it goes away fast. My brother uses this mask too. While he does not have sensitive skin he calls it “the mask that hurts.” Glamglow has some strong stuff. But it really does extract a lot of impurities.

@Anonymous some masks will leave a slightly tingly feeling on your face when using -- can just be the product activating. However, I personally have run into some issues using GpamGlow products. I do tend to have sensitive skin and this brand doesn't sit well with me. However, for your case, so long as the product isn't burning your skin, you should be okay.

When I used it, it caused a tingling sensation in my face as it was drying, not a burning one. It took me by surprise at first because I have slightly sensitive skin that can turn red sometimes and I didn't want it to burn and luckily it didn't for me. I used it only three times because the bottle is small in the birthday gift. I wouldn't really buy it nor use it again. If you have a burning sensation then I think you should wash it off your face immediately as you start feeling it so you don't burn your face. I don't think it is good for sensitive skin.

Anonymous Insider

I legit just used it and when I felt the butning I knew something wasn’t right and sure enough my face is bright red like a bad sunburn. I didnt even have it on for the entire recommended time. I will not be using again and I am warning friends to stay away. This is ridiculous image.jpg

image.jpg

The best peek you can do is a tca peel. You can buy it fr...

The best peek you can do is a tca peel. You can buy it from platinumskincare.com. I'd only use 1 layer of 13% to start. Any redness will dissipate in a short time but tca peels really help collagen growth. I also suggest checking out their other peels. Or try Drunk Elephant Sukari Babyfacial and use their luxury oil as soon as you rinse. Best 😞

Omg I’m currently experiencing the same redness around my whole face and freaking out. Please tell me it gets better.

my face is currently a lobster.

RE: Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

Same here ..... I prefer the clay mask by Origins instead
Anonymous Insider

I’ve used many mud masks before and I did a lot of research as to why they make your skin red, mud masks have clay in them and clay for facial care is used to clean impurity’s they do such a good job that your skin ends up tingling/ burning and become slightly irritated it goes away after a bit so there’s nothing to worry about just don’t do it so often

RE: Re: Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

Skincare doesnt need to burn or tingle to work either though, its not an indication it is working. The glamglow mud mask has irritating ingredients

But if the irritation persists, then that's when

But if the irritation persists, then that's when you know that the mask isn't good for your skin and that you should stop using that mask.

I just tried the project today and immediately as I began rubbing it into my face it began to burn as if actually heating up. After about a solid minute it stopped and dried, and was totally fine to keep on my face. Probably not gonna buy again but it might just be my skin 😕

I was surprised at the tingling and burning sensation as well, but I fortunately did not have a bad reaction to the mask. The tingling turned to a burning sensation and then to a cooling sensation; thus did not last long. I was able to keep it on for over 20 minutes comfortably and without any issues. I love how smooth and clean my skin feels after I wash it off and dry it. However, it is a bit drying so I don't always apply it all over - I spot treat oily areas of my face - and i moisturize afterwards to replenish essential oils that the skin may be lacking for balance. Your skin may be too sensitive for this formula. You may have to forgo the Glamglow line. But If you want to try again: Wait until your skin heals. Ice and moisturize. Aloe can help. When you are ready to go again, perhaps try a very thin layer on your skin (try a synthetic brush to apply a super thin layer) and wash it off before it gets too irritated. You do Not have to wait the suggested time on the package before washing it off. Not everybody's tolerance level is the same. *After I double-cleanse my skin, I splash on and pat in toner before I brush on Supermud.
Anonymous Insider

I thought the warming and tingling effect was part of the mask. I've had some that warm when applied. I thought nothing of it. My face was immediately bright red and stayed that way for quite some time after removing it. There should be a warning on this product! And when given out as a sample. This hurts!

RE: Re: Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

And no skincare should burn to be effective. The mask is just irritating and not that good for the skin

Burning and tingling, plus redness, is a sign of an irritation or allergic reaction. If this happens, wash the product off immediately and stick to a gentle, fragrance-free routine. Also moisturize often because the affected skin could dry and flake.  

Looking at the ingredients list:

Water, Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Mandelic Acid, Carbon, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf, Tartaric Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Powder, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Hectorite, Hexylene Glycol, Glycerin, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Maltodextrin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499)  

The fragrances and/or peppermint oil could be the culprit(s). Fragrance and essential oils are common skin irritants. Companies should stop adding essential oils into skincare products because they aren't beneficial for skin...only aromatherapy 😞

ouch ! Do not use this again! Put ice and nothing else on your face. Let your skin heal and breathe!

2 Replies
testing