From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Inkey List Hyaluronic Acid Serum... Will it flake?

Hi friends!

So I bought the Hyaluronic Acid serum by The Ordinary and I found that it flakes off when I layer it with my face oil and moisturizer. I'm frustrated because I'm in my late 20's and my skin is getting dryer so I need a Hyaluronic acid that will hydrate my skin without flaking off. I'm interested in the Inkey List Hyaluronic Acid Serum and I want to know if anyone has had a problem with it flaking off when layered with other products. 

Thank you lovelies!

RE: Inkey List Hyaluronic Acid Serum... Will it flake?

I really like the Inkey List HA! I’ve been using it for a few months now, and it never flakes. I put it on after cleansing and before other serums, moisturizer and SPF.

Re: Inkey List Hyaluronic Acid Serum... Will it flake?

There could be a couple reasons why it’s pilling, @CaitiCakeFace . If you’re set on using it alone, you want to make sure your skin is damp before applying it. So...cleanse your skin, tone or Essence if you do that step, then apply 3 drops of the hylauronic acid and press it into your damp skin. You definitely don’t need more than that. Using too much will cause pilling, especially if you’re using an oil right after. Since it’s water based, the oil will cause it to pill-or flake off. Give it ample time to really sink in before going in with another product. Using a jade roller will also help the product penetrate your skin. Another way you can use it is by adding a few drops to your moisturizer. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing