Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

In need of skin care routine help ASAP! Sensitive eczema prone skin.

I have extremely sensitive skin and get patches of eczema under my eyes and on my neck. My t zone is oily but the rest of my face is very dry. Other than sensitivity, my main concerns is my pores and fine lines. MOISTUIZER IDEAS? I CANNOT find a moisturizer that works for my skin but that also does not burn every time I put it on. I’ve tried so many and cannot find anything. The ONLY moisturizer I have used that does not burn is the “Marc Jacobs youthquake”. I love that this doesn’t burn but my face does not feel moisturized after, like I have to keep reapply during the day CLEANSER/FACE WASH IDEAS?? I currently use the “origins checks and balances frothy face wash” which I have really liked but I’m not sure if it could be maybe drying my skin out?? Would doing a oil based pre cleanse be beneficial? (I don’t wear make up) SERUMS/TREATMENTS IDEAS???? I’m just a beginner in the skin care game and have struggled to find things good for my sensitive skin

Re: In need of skin care routine help ASAP! Sensitive eczema prone skin.

Hi @kateepry!

I recently started getting eczema on my body, I think due to the hard water where I now live.  (Always check water quality before you move somewhere!)

I use a dermatologist prescribed steroid cream for a week and it got rid of most of the redness.  Gold Bond cream is also amazing!  It's specifically made for eczema and helps reduce redness and itching.  I use it on my entire body and neck in the morning and right after showering.  You can find it at Target for cheap.

For face wash, I use Cetaphil cleanser, which is super gentle.  According to others, CeraVe also seems like a gentle face wash.

Re: In need of skin care routine help ASAP! Sensitive eczema prone skin.

@kateepry do you have any idea what ingredients in your products are agitating your skin? 

I don't think you HAVE to use a double cleanse ever but if you want to you can. If you aren't wearing make up i think you may be better off using a super gentle cleanser with oils in it (like the REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Gentle Cleansing Milk) which is really nourshing and not stripping but may not feel like is enough cleansing for your oily parts.

For serums/treatments I think you would want to focus on calming and hydrating ingredients but without knowing what is irritating your skin I'm not sure what the best options are.  Centella and Hyaluronic Acid tend to be the go to for calming and hydration respectively so maybe Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Serum or The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 1 oz/ 30 mL ? 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing